Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Lake of Death: narcotic indole, pale asphodel, and bone-white sandalwood plunged into in an impenetrable sea of black patchouli, labdanum, castoreum accord, and oak moss.

im still a newb deep in my soul so idk if im supposed to snap up first review or not but here i go!

bought this one as fast as i could, i loved the sound of it. and it doesn't disappoint!

in bottle; very dark! i find it pretty masculine, almost like how cologne smells in the bottle but with delectable richness. i get labdanum, sandalwood and patchouli but it's so lovely and dark.

wet; a spicy musk, but the oak moss comes out full-force. still masculine, but a sweetness plays on the edges.

dry; sharp and very dark. the moss and sandalwood carry the rest of the notes, but it's such a complex, sophisticated scent. very masculine on me, though, which i don't mind at all but others might. would absolutely recommend!

A gloomy description indeed! I'm getting the cologne note, that usually means there is sandalwood present. Strong, kind of sour, but for some reason, I kind of like this. Not enough for a whole bottle, bit if it makes me sleep, I may seek out more.

Lacus Mortis is a DARK sandalwood, with patchouli, labdanum, and a bed of oakmoss. It's darkly somnolent, and how I would imagine a dark mystical river smells at midnight under the dark of the moon. I would say that it is faintly masculine on me. Good throw and good wear length.

I don't care for super dark sandalwood-patchouli blends, so this isn't for me. But if that sounds like you, give this a whirl.

Dark, sandalwood, somnolent.

The asphodel and sandalwood give this a powdery, sharp white floral that hangs all over the dirty, funky, sour earthiness. It smells a bit fecal to me. I normally like all of the listed notes, but the patchouli, castoreum and oakmoss are too much for me in this, mixing together in a heavy, sour, strange way.