Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
neveragain

Devils Night Wedding 2016

Hi!

Gonna be getting married on Devils Night next year, and want suggestions on perfumes that are within my capabilities to get ahold of.

I have Samhain 2008 (nice, but not quite what i wanted to wear. i use it as room scent), I have a partial o fDevils Night, which is amazing, but my skin is eating it.

Black No. 1 by Type o Negative is one of our favorite songs, and I would like a scent "that smells like burning leaves" and incense and spices. Dark and witchy and mysterious.

Thoughts?

Two off the top of my head are Witch Dance (Bonfire smoke rising through a cloud of ceremonial incense, encircled by swirling autumn leaves and a dribble of blood red musk) and Hexennacht (German fir and forest herbs, incense and bonfire smoke, infernal flora, glowing amber, and the wet, glimmering scent of skin warmed by dance). :) I am fairly sure you can find these for sale on either the forum or Facebook group.

Witch Dance did come to mind, as well as Bonfire Night. There are lots of LEs that could fit the bill to be honest. For GCs maybe Black Forest, Oblivion, Rumplestilzchen, or Voodoo.

This one might be a bit hard to find, as it was a limited edition from 2007. The first time I smelled it, I was reminded of Black No 1 because it smells like burning leaves.

The Death of Autumn: Dark amber, dead leaves, khus, saffron, bitter clove, chrysanthemum, camellia, galangal, and a drop of oud.

I second the Death of Autumn (it is AMAZING), and would also suggest Mount Misery and Sweet Hollow Roads (LE from NYCC 2010).

Personally, I find MMaSHR a very green, but Death o Autumn is the perfect autumnal scent. Lots of smokey leafy goodness.

How about some current GCs? I took your guys' suggsetions for the LE's and am gonna strt searching for decants, for sure. Bonfire Night, Hexxenacht Witches Dance and Death of Autumn sounds amazing! Id like to have a list of GCs that I can snag from the lab just in case.

I should be a little more specific. Its not a "wedding". Its a handfasting. Its easier to explain to his relatives if we say wedding. lol

Good autumn-y GC scents are Jack (currently out of stock, but should be back for you to get a hold of it next year :) ) and Bewitched, which is maybe more of a late summer scent with dark berries. But I think both evoke autumn in their own way.

Also, congratulations on getting hand-fasted! :D

Definitely Witch Dance. I love Third Charm, Halloween:Las Vegas and The Brides of Dracula as well. And they're all really different from each other. Maybe even Pumpkin Queen? It's a bit foody on me for a wedding but some get a fresher scent from the pumpkin note. I like Phasmophobia for a fall wedding. It's icy florals and haunting but pretty.

Edited by venusinfurs

What about Dia de los Meurtos? Its a more "perfumey" thing than Witch Dance say, which is more incense, but it is very beautiful.

Sign in to follow this