Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
venusinfurs

Need some help! Maple? With floral?

I have posted in the perfume thread before but didn't get a good response so hopefully I will here. I've only ever loved one non BPAL scent-- Ralph Lauren Hot. It's been discontinued for quite awhile now, but I've really missed it since my stash ran out. It was clean, spicy, sweet, and sexy on me all at the same time, like maple fig mocha cinnamon with something fresh in the background.

The Internet says the notes are:

Mandarin orange, almond blossom, cinnamon, mocha cream, orchid, honeysuckle, jasmine, fresh milk, fig, amber, maple, vanilla, musk

I'm guessing the fresh part is a mix of the mandarin, orchid, honeysuckle, jasmine and maybe the musk.

I've tried a few GC bpal scents I thought could be similar: Mata Hari, Carnal, O, even mixed those three together. While I like all of those scents, they aren't even close, and I haven't been able to find anything at all with maple, mocha/coffee, fig and some kind of fresh floral. Mata Hari would be close but the floral is rose so that throws it off.

I know I probably won't get a dead ringer, but I was hoping to get suggestions. It doesn't hurt to find a few new scents I like even if they aren't exact anyway!

That sounds lovely! But I can't think of any bpals that smell like that... maybe some of the Weenie scents? I tried Punkie Night recently and it's sweet and spicy with a hint of fresh leaves. But it's more apple/cinnamon/leaves, rather than fig/cinnamon/floral. You might want to try it though if you haven't before.

I dont know any BPALs that are similar, but BBW Brown Sugar Fig is pretty close (I have both). It gives the same warm, sexy vibe.

Elegy IX: The Autumnal might be worth a shot? I don't know, that's a wide mix of notes you've got there. I don't think I've seen anything quite like it.

A really good maple blend is A World Where There Are Octobers. You could try layering it with something fresh and floral like Tamora (great all-round floral) or Thalia (fruity-floral).

I haven't tried many maple blends, according to my datebase. The only other with maple listed as a note is Noh Mask and Maple Leaves, but that's pretty much pure woods and clove.

That is a toughie! Many people get maple and florals from Al-Azif. Maybe give that one a try? Perhaps layer with Uncle traveling Matt, which is super figgy.

Thanks everyone! I'm looking for maple blends to layer and try to figure out what works. I never thought of Al-Azif and hadn't heard of a world where there are Octobers. Helps a lot!

Edited by venusinfurs

Although there are no flowers in it, Noh Mask and Maple Leaves is a very strong maple scent on me. Very pretty. Maybe you can layer, like others have suggested :D

Good luck on experimenting with the BPALz!