Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
OctoberGwen

Peach Nectar and Vanilla Orchid Hair Gloss

Plus a touch of hay absolute and dried rosebud.

This is so pretty. It makes my hair smell like sunlight. It's everything you think it will be, reading the description: sun warmed peaches and delicate flowers, with a touch of clean, sweet-smelling hay.

Delicious, sweet, and perfect.

totally my favorite dragon con acquisition thus far. it's so pretty! the peach is very soft and sweet, and the vanilla orchid note is so pretty. i don't notice the rose very much but i do get a lovely golden touch of hay. it is like a bottle of summer sunshine. :wub2: i think this would pair well with peach viii as a perfume.

I can't really add much here, but I wanted to say that this is gorgeous and will get a lot of wear this Autumn!

Had to add that i smell mostly rose and hay from this! I get the peach and hay immediately but the peach fades and the rose becomes more prominent. This is beautiful!

Edited by Herb Girl

So, I will chime in here and agree with everyone that it is a very pretty mid-late summer type scent. However, it doesn't really work on me :( . To be clear, this is my first hair gloss EVER and I now *love* hairglosses. They are amazing products, and actually I even used this as an oil-type "body spray/mist" to be honest LOL, which was an amazing experience, and very long lasting (despite the fact that I struggle with spray bottles, but that is my issue lol). In the bottle and immediately fresh on, I get a spritz of fresh peach, with a gentle creamy floral and an almost dried/incensy background component. It's so very sunny, warm, and pretty. Maybe not *quite* juicy enough of a peach for me, I was hoping for a bit more peach from this one, but at least I can say it's balanced and sweet without being cloying, and fresh without being a bit sharp.

The drydown just decides it doesn't like me though, as the *dried* rose bullies its way to the forefront to choke the fresh and fruity notes out, and it does become a little stale/too dry/cloying (but not in a sweet way) on me. I think it takes on an aged quality, not necessarily bad, though sadly it doesn't work on me as the peach kind of becomes more like peach incense or canned peaches type soap, instead of true fresh peach. I blame the dried rose and maybe the hay absolute is in there making it more dusty.

Origin: massive Dragon*Con decant circle

Initial Thoughts: If this had been a perfume I would have said no because hay is not a favorite note and rose more often than not hates my skin. But this is hair gloss. Perhaps rose will behave on my hair. But perhaps not. So I went for the decant.

In the Bottle: Oh, wow. Vanilla peach as a nectar-drenched flower rather than a food and gorgeous. My second huff detects the hay, but it's an accent rather than a feature. Not really detecting the rose at this point. If it stays true I'm going to need to hunt for a bottle...

In the hair: Oh, man. My first try is on dry hair - I usually apply it to damp hair and then blow--dry - and it's nothing like it is in the bottle. I'm getting dry, dusty hay and what seems to be the orchid and rose, also dusty. After a while I think the peach starts to come out a bit, but it's hard to tell. On the plus side, the dreaded skanky stink that usually happens when I meet rose isn't present. On the minus side, I don't think I've ever had a hair gloss morph like this.

Verdict: I'll try again in the morning with my usual routine of applying to wet hair to see what happens. At worst, I may experiment and see what a hair gloss does with a scent locket.

ETA: I noticed when I went to bed that my test tress of hair had mellowed a bit and had a bit more sweet peach to it. This morning the wet application produced a more balanced scent between all the notes: not nearly as dusty-dry on the hair last night but not as sweetly floral as in the bottle. There must be something about the decant bottle that funnels the sweet notes, because I did put some in a scent locket and got that same four-note balance as I did in my hair.

So my final verdict is that it's very pretty but I'm not so in love to be desperate to find more.

Edited by puck_nc

I get sweet peaches, a touch of rose, and hay. This one is pretty light, and I only used I spritz on my wet hair and then blow dried it out.

I may try it on when my hair is dry and see if that changes the throw.

Pretty, light, peaches.

Peach and vanilla, and something a bit floral, like nectar, but just adds to the tropical feeling of this hair gloss. I REALLY like this, but will use it more in the summer months.

Peach Nectar and Vanilla Orchid hair gloss is really pretty. When I sprayed on my hands and worked through my wet hair, I got a lot of sweet peach and rose, with vanilla orchid making a more subtle appearance. I couldn't pick out the hay note, but there was something like dried grass kicking around in the mix, which made the peach and florals seem fresher by foil.

After I finished blow-drying, I put a little more on my hands and smoothed my flyaways and gave a little shine to the crown—maybe because I applied both wet and dry, this hair gloss is really giving off a lot of scent! In the air it smells like what I imagine peach blossom might smell like on a summer day.

I have a decant of this I acquired secondhand.

It's a rather sweet and syrupy, peachy floral, and sadly i couldn't detect the hay. I don't get any vanilla from this either, not that I've ever smelt a vanilla orchid. Like Phox's experience, I think the dried rose is giving me the impression of canned peaches, instead of fresh, juicy ones, and it does become a bit cloying.

I found this hair gloss to have incredible staying power and decent throw. I can easily detect the scent even without smelling my hair directly, and it lasted more than 24 hours before it faded away.

I won't seek out more of this, but I'll probably hang onto my decant.

This is heavily vanilla orchard and roses with a touch of peach juice. Definitely more floral than foodie, the peach is fairly faint. It's very soft and sweet. I am not getting any of the hay. I wanted more peaches, but I'm not mad about it. I could see this working well with quite a few of my florals. 

I don't usually test hair glosses with wet or damp hair like I'm doing today, but the throw seems to be average for hair glosses.