Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Dried peach, black musk, and North African spices.

Oh my Peach VII, you coy, delectable little peach, you.
You start off honeyed innocence and peaches, but you are sly..... I can tell you have a bit of a spicy side.... I like that about you.

Why dahlin, on that dry down I can plainly see you have naughty inclinations.......that dried peachy honey note fades and your rich spices start peeking through.

Spiced, juicy peaches! There's even a hint of a boozy note, and makes me think I'd like to translate you into a dangerously delicious cocktail to sip on the veranda and flirt over your glass.

"You're a peach charmer.....that's what you are..."

OH MY GOD...A PEACH I CAN WEAR! YAAAAAAAY!

This is perfect. The peach is more the supporting player on my skin; it doesn't overwhelm me nor does it turn super juicy and sickly sweet, like every other peach blend I've tried. I was hoping the "dried" quality would make it work for me, and it totally does. I can smell it, but it blends beautifully with the musk (not your typical, distinctive black musk, btw, so if you're scared of that - don't be) and spices. And this is not super spicy, either, and no cinnamon or clove are to be found. These are expensive, subtle spices, baby.

Sweetish (but not too sweet), slightly musky, with lovely exotic spices. Like I said: perfect. :wub2:

:woohoo:

ETA: I forgot to give some love to my fairy...thank you so, so much for picking up my giant order for me. You are the best.

Edited by OctoberGwen

This was unexpectedly excellent. I normally am not a fruit sort of person (jolly ranchers ahoy) but this is indeed, a drier, more realistic sort of peach. The quality of the peach reminded me of some peach incense or peach black tea.

The spices are as described, dark. Labdanum maybe? These are not foody spices. And there is something tannic that makes me think of tea going on here.

Miracle of miracles, the black musk is pretty tame - its not overwhelming. But on the far dry down, the blend does take on a putty/playdoh cast, which is what often happens with the dark musks on my skin. Its good for about an hour, and then I need to refresh. Which I normally don't have patience for, but this is quite the scent, so its worthwhile.

In the bottle: SWEET. Peach with a boozy note .

Wet: I like the peach note. I think because it’s dried peach, it’s unlike that in any GC peach I have tried (Tamora, Aglaea, Fae.) There’s an edge of something sweetly boozy, almost stale-smelling, that’s making this a little off on my skin.

Dry: The peach gets stronger, which is good, but that sweet/stale note is still there.

This is soft but long-lasting.

This is gorgeous. I get no booze from this... Not spicy, but sultry spices (a la Morocco), and a lovely, perfect peach - not too sweet, not juicy just perfect. I am so thankful to my wonderful Fairy for getting this for me!!!

Edited by Herb Girl

In Bottle: Wow! This is rather intense. The musk and spices are strong and dark, reminding me of wooden travel trunks. The musk is dominant, possibly too strong for me. The peach is gentle, but pervasive. Wet: Less overwhelming on my skin. The peach comes out to gentle the musk a bit, and the spices back down to become a gentler influence. Normally, I can’t support black musk as I tend to amp musks, but as this warms the peach twines around it, transforming and taming it. This is still a heavier scent than is wise with my skin chemistry and sinuses, but I really like it, and I can just carry this without getting a head ache. This is beautifully designed and blended. Dry: Mostly musk with a bit of spice.

This one is definitely a 'dried' peach note. Despite that, it is a stronger peach note than the one found in Peach VI.

Honestly, it reminds me to dried apricots, with a hint of spices and boozy musk. But if someone were to ask me what this smells like, I'd say dried apricots. But the good kind. It's the smell of the moist skin, and when you bite down its chewy and sweet.

Whoa, sexy. No one's picked out any tobacco in this? Because I swear it's here, otherwise the spices are coming together in just the right way to evoke it.

Rich and sweet like in French Tobacco. The peach behind it is super juicy and lends just the right amount of brightness.

This is almost exactly the peach version of Eastern Comma for me with the addition of a surprisingly light black musk. Gorgeous but I probably won't hunt down more since I have similar blends.

This is terribly strong when it's wet and drying down - almost all overwhelming musk. Once it's settled on my skin for an hour it is far more subtle - dry soft, almost ambery spices and peach that is definitely dried rather than juicy. Soft and beautifully melded. Another keeper.

In the bottle: First and foremost, peachy. And the kind of dark?

Wet on skin: Pretty much peach and musk on my skin.

Dried down: Pretty much, a not too sweet peach. It's soft and pleasant. I'm not really getting the spices at all, and I wish I were.

Throw: There is a bit of peach in the air.

Verdict: *** 1/* This is nice, and I like it. I really want to love it, though, and it's just not hitting that level for me. I think I'm going to need to give this one a second chance, at least, before I decide what to do with it.

I agree with the earlier dried apricot comparison. In the bottle, this is a very chewy, dried-fruit scent, with some gentle spices rounding it out. It's sweet and syrupy, but not fresh or bright. Once applied, a bit of musk comes out and is joined by more of the spice, as the peace fades away. It stays similar all through drydown - slightly spicy, slightly musky, sweet and close. There's not a lot of peach on me... it's more of a sweet impression of fruitiness than the actual fruit itself. Seems like a good late summer kind of blend.

Dried peach indeed...it has a rounder quality to it that is quite nice. I'm not crazy about the lab's fresh peach scent. This is very pretty especially in the cooler months. once it's dry more spices and musk come through and it smells very sensual and fruity at the same time. That sounds really awful, but trust me it is a grown-up peach ready to go out late at night. I do really like this, but not sure if it's enough to buy a bottle.

I got this bottle from a swap with a lovely forumite. I'm so so happy to finally have my hands on a bottle of this. Out of all the peaches, it was the one that intrigued me most.

Peach VII definitely doesn't disappoint. This is a perfect, DRY peach with black musk (one of my favorite musks). This peach isn't juicy or bright. Instead, it feels warm, soft and subdued. Balame mentioned tobacco and I swear I'm getting a bit of tobacco in here as well. As it dries, my skin amps the peach note (I amp most fruit notes). I'm left with a peach in the foreground and the almost incense-like back musk and spices in the background. Absolutely gorgeous!

Sweet peach at first. After a bit, so black musk, but it is still a peach, (and yes, it is definitely a dried peach!), sweet, spicy and chewy. I wish that the black musk showed it's face a bit more, as it is just too peachy for me. It really evokes autumn, though, and I am enjoying it, but not enough for an upgrade. I'll probably keep my half imp, it's quite nice.

I like the dried peach note- it has a subtle fruity sweetness that is nice for someone like me, who doesn't care for in your face fresh-juicy-fruit scents. The peach + black musk blend really nicely together and I can barely tell where one ends and the other begins. If you don't care for black musk, I would still give this one a try because the musk is pretty gentle (gentler than I would like, actually, but I am a huge musk fan!). I am not getting a lot of spice, which is disappointing, but this is a really nice scent. It wears close to the skin and just smells really good.

Trying this for the first time today, I got this straight from the convention, but being pregnant at the time, I couldn't test it.

Dark chewy peach and black musk dominate on the initial application. No spice to be found.

Dry, black musk with a subtle sweetness from the peach. Still undetectable spices.

Over all not wowed by this. I was hoping for more peach and spice, but it seems like the black musk is stomping all over this for me.

I got this Peach via a forum purchase. In the bottle, wet & dry, it's a delectible spicy black musk & dried peach. Related to Morocco, but sweeter, with a chewy, dried fruit element. I'm really glad I got a bottle.

2023 edit: suddenly, Patchouli! I didn't see that coming. Aging is something else.

Edited by Teamama
Aging