Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Roasted peanuts, peanut leaves, and dark musk.

Holy Peanut Batman! This is amazing. It's Nutter Butters on crack and I love Nutter Butters! This starts off a warm peanutty goo and morphs into a foodie musk. Normally I can't wear warm/vanilla foodie scents because they make me hungry all day, but this has just enough musk to walk the line of food and spice that I'm not making myself drool all day.

I knew... I just KNEW Peanut Musk was going to be amazing, and it is!

In the bottle: Hello dark musk, you handsome devil. You lead the way and are almost juicy and caramel-y as you pair up with whiffs of lovely, roasted, salted peanut hull.

Something else, the peanut leaves, which aren't a green note, meld with hints of a spice....faint whispers of cassia? Cardamom? Something.....sandalwood?

All together it makes an amazing blend and balance of warm, rich umber-liciousness.

On my skin: a better blend of musk and roasted hull and mild umber spice. Somehow I'm amping a cinnamon like note (but my skin is strange and amps cinnamon/cassia to a bajillion jiggawats)

Dry down: a TRULY gorgeous, luxurious blend of what seems like skin musk, sandalwood, roasted caramel-ish cassia that becomes the coveted "your skin, but much much better" thing....but even more so.

It's "your skin but better" that's been gilded and warmed with musk........ just... wow.

For the foodie folks....... in the bottle, this smells similar to Mary Janes candy. <3 But then on the skin it does it's beautiful warm up and change (on my skin at least....my skin morphs things a lot)

"Mary Jane is a peanut butter and molasses flavored taffy-type candy with peanut butter in the center. Originally made in 1914 by The Charles N. Miller Co., and later by Stark Candy Co., it is now manufactured by Necco."

All kinds of yum.

This blend is rich, rich, rich. "Musky Nutter Butters" is pretty accurate, and there's something that cuts the richness with an almost sharp undertone. It's registering as a leafiness, so it may be the peanut leaves. Mostly, though, this is all about musk and roasted peanuts.

The musk isn't black and it isn't brown; there's no black musk lemony edge and there's no fuzziness or furriness. It's syrupy and gooey, but not sweet...which is fascinating. And despite its Nutter Butter impersonation, it's not like most foodie-type blends...which is good. I do not like to smell of food.

Utterly unique and unlike anything else in my collection.

ETA: Over a couple of hours, this became less gooey and slightly more musky; unfortunately I awoke in the night with a bellyache (from the CJs loaded nachos, not the Peanut Musk) - but all I could smell was the Peanut Musk, which suddenly seemed super foodie on my skin and sort of added to my nausea. Now I associate the scent with a hurtin' tummy, and will probably not be able to wear it again. :sick: :confused:

Edited by OctoberGwen

This one really surprised me in the bottle! Like yummy peanut food of some sort with dark musk. Sweeter than I expected. Very unique, fascinating.

Rich peanut butter and dark musk. Sweet, foody and muskier than I expected.

It dries down to a foodie musky blend, slight peanuts. But I really get a lot of 'roasted' smokiness from it. Not scary vetiver, but still smoky.

In some ways this sort of reminds me to Achulophobia, but less intense and more foodie.

This is really amazing. Starting out there's definitely some peanut going on, a dark, roasted nut like you might dip in chocolate. It's not peanut butter or anything light like that - there's definitely a burnt note, but in a good way.

It morphs as it dries down, though, and the musk really comes into play. I like how OctoberGwen put it - "It's syrupy and gooey, but not sweet...which is fascinating." It's not foody at all now. It's the least foody, richest, sexiest peanut I've ever met. This is a peanut that will take you home and make sweet love to you on its leather sofa.

I kind of wish I had sprung for a bottle instead of a decant, because this is simply gorgeous, but the beloved has a (thankfully very mild) peanut allergy so I don't think I'd get enough use out of it to really warrant a whole 5ml.

In the imp: Sweet, kind of like a nutty caramel. Beautiful!

Wet on skin: Same as before. Sweet and nutty.

Dried down: The nuts are coming out a little more as it dries down. Giving it a few minutes and....... oh my god, this is awesome! At first, I was thinking this really reminded me of some autumn scents, though I wasn't sure which one. Now it's just nutty, nutty, delight. It still reminds me of the kitchen, but it's not nearly as sweet as before. And as much as I love sweet scents, that makes this one different.

Throw: Fairly light, but definitely present.

Verdict: ***** Well, I didn't go for a bottle, but I'll definitely be on the lookout for one. The decant might be enough. I like it a lot, but I don't know how often I'd reach for it over some others.

Edited by Magycmyste

Whoah, salted peanut city! This with along a touch of musk. After a bit, less peanuts, more musk, it's more balanced now. It reminds me of Midway, without 'something', though I'm not sure what that would be. Maybe the apple and caramel. This was fun to try, the musk is just excellent, but I could do without the salt note in the end. Just a bit too foody for me.

Wet: salted peanut butter cookies.

Then the musk comes out and turns sour. I'm left with a vaguely vegetal warm but sour smell. Nope, off to the swaps page!