Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sweet rum distillate with tobacco absolute, white sandalwood, and warm brown musk.

This blend, on me, is quite a morpher. In the bottle it's all rum and musk. When it hits my skin, there's a blast of something almost candy-ish, but when it dries down, it's a warm, velvety tobacco and sandalwood with a hint of brown sugar. Very comforting scent.

Rich, sweet, boozy caramel in the bottle and wet on the skin.

Once it dries, the scent morphs into gorgeous warm, musky tobacco. Reminds me of Havana as it dries down and melds with my skin. This pleases me!

Woodsy musk lingers close to the skin after hours of wear.

Good throw and staying power, delightful morphing. :wub2:

I'm not getting any of the listed scents. To me, In the bottle it smells like a cinnamon cookie and on me it smells like a fresh from the oven Snickerdoodle. A few hours later I smell like a vanilla cookie. I like it.

The rum is so sweet in the bottle that it smells almost entirely like butterscotch - but once it’s on my skin, the sweetness translates into a rummy, alcoholic streak that I kind of like - it’s still almost butter rum, though, the tobacco sweetening the mix to the point of teeth-aching! I want to eat this but I am not sure I could wear this kind of sugar - it makes me think of Butter Rum Cookie, but a more sophisticated version.

It quickly snuggles down to a lot of warm brown musk and a waft of rummy sugar, oddly comforting though still really sweet. Did I mention it's sweet? Because it's sweet.

(All thanks to my fairy!)

This one is... odd? But good? It's an intensely sweet, earthy musk when wet - heavy on the sugarcane, but without a specifically boozy rum note. Tons of sweet pipe tobacco in here too. I'd love to see a side-by-side compare with the tobacco SN, but tobacco hates me, so please look for someone else's review. It smells like the same tobacco that's in The Antikythera Mechanism.

Another great for-the-guy blend, but also gender-neutral. I get some caramel on the back end, but as a warm toasted nuttiness and not as a pastry.

Wet on the skin, I get intensely sweet brown sugar, syrupy and sticky goodness. After the opening stage, the scent pulls a crazy gorgeous morphing maneuver, and becomes precious woods, tobacco, toasted almond, and a hint of cedar on me (cedar probably from the slightly dry white sandalwood note). Insanely good, instant love, I can see this becoming a cult favorite! I'm slathering with reckless abandon and loving every second of it :)

Well in the bottle I get something like brown sugar with a touch of butterscotch. When wet on my skin the brown sugar steam rolls everything almost to the point where I have to wash it off. :(

But! Wait when it starts to dry it takes on a sweet earthy tone that I adore. But it really shines when it's dry and been on me for a couple hours wow thus one did a three sixty for me! It's now a sweet earthy tobacco wonder with a hint of rum! I love it now! And to think I almost washed it off and re homed it! :D

Boozy butterscotchy/caramel and musk. Brown sugar, rum, and a touch of sandalwood.

I am intrigued by how sweet and toothsome this is, and finally a RUM blend that I can wear. However, this may in fact veer too deep into the foodie territory for me.

Quite the foody combination here. I'm getting a rather caramel-like vibe, which is not sitting well with me. Caramel and tobacco to be exact. Kind of reminds me a bit of Red Lantern, though this one is definitely more foody. Not for me.

This is a boozy, caramel musk sprinkled with brown sugar. The rum note is the same one from the single note, Madagascan Vanilla Rum. I don't get much tobacco, but as it dries, the sandalwood comes out as a warm, woody base holding everything together. Brown Thrasher is a foody musk, but not overly cloying or sweet. This is your favorite, snuggly sweater scented with the Snickerdoodles you've just baked. :)

I get the butterscotch rum at the beginning, but then alas, it goes to a sweet powder on me. :( I really had high hopes for this one, and I'm not sure which note is the culprit. Will see if it works better on my husband.

I adore all of these notes, though I am not sure specifically about BROWN musk (red, black and white are all faves, blue is ok).

In the bottle the rum is strongest, and the way it mixed with the tobacco makes it caramelly and delicious.

Wet: Mmm. Sweet, musky goodness. Oh ya, that's good. It smells like sexy drunken debauchery in the very best possible way.

Dry: Sweet, warm musk. This turns into something warm and comforting rather than sexy, but I am totally ok with that. It feels like your favourite cozy sweater on a fall day. Love it.

I tracked down a bottle of this after realizing that it has a bird on the label, and I'm glad that I did. The rum and earthy tobacco reminds me of the rum & patchouli-leather in Ian, which I also love, but Brown Thrasher is sweeter and even more heavy on the rum. It comes off as a sweet vanilla-almond booziness. Silky, sweet, caramelized and gourmand. I keep thinking that I smell vanilla frosted cinnamon buns in the drydown as well. The brown musk adds a snuggly warmth and the tobacco a sweet, dark earthy edge, but it's still primarily a foodie smelling fragrance.

Lasts all day and has good throw on me. Warm, comforting and sweet.