Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Use this oil with black and white candles to cut ties from negative people and unhealthy relationships. It can be used talismanically with chessboard rituals, image magic, and poppets.

I've recently come to realize that a pair of friends I had once been very close to, are in fact fairly toxic and Not Good People - though they hid it well for a while. As they are part of a larger group of my friends as well, I've been wrestling with how to get them out of my life while causing as little drama and awkwardness for everyone else as possible.

Today I used the Scissors oil with a white candle. I wrote down a list of behaviors I want out of my life, and then I wrote down their names in particular, and added 'anyone who has the behaviors on my list' as well. I lit the candle, burned the papers, and then actually took a pair of scissors and made a cutting motion over the candle, to symbolize cutting the ties.

While I won't know yet if that will help with those people, as the candle burnt down I felt emotionally lighter. My intent had been to not only cut out people who had those behaviors, but to get rid of any I had picked up along the way myself.

So far I'm pleased. Time will tell on the other issue, but this oil just felt right to be using, and I'm very glad I have it.

The scent is pleasant - very herbal, with a cinnamon-ish note to it. While this is not an oil I'd wear just because of what it's used for, the scent I actually really enjoyed.

So my only experience with Scissors has been decanting it, so bear in mind that I can't speak to the effectiveness of it nor did I use it with intent it was created. I did however receive a pretty powerful impression which is why I'm posting a review.

This is one powerful oil.

It literally felt warm as I decanted it. Like burning your fingers kind of warmth. I got the vibe of a branding iron, in that you literally SEAL things. I can see this being both extremely potent and extremely effective.

There's been a few TALs that have screamed RITUAL oil, and this one is one of them. Given its very precise function, I'd caution anyone around its use as this seems to both need intent, focus, and a fair bit of experience to use as this is not a "noob" oil nor for anyone that is just starting their practice. This is not to be taken lightly.

I would definitely put this in the category of Spiritwrack, Bend Over, Jinx Crossing, and those TAL oils.