Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
greedygirl

Tombstone Hair Gloss

A celebration of one of the first commercially produced perfumes of America’s Old West. A rugged, warm blend of vanilla, balsam and sassafras layered over Virginia cedar.

Received my Tombstone Hair Gloss yesterday and it surpasses all my expectations. I could literally bathe in this blend at first spritz it is a little strong but within minutes it becomes just as its description-
"A rugged, warm blend of vanilla, balsam and sassafras layered over Virginia cedar" I can not describe it any better than that. I would just die for a Tombstone Home & Linen Spray.

This starts out with a strong cedar (pencil shavings..) and sassafras note. Over time though, it turns into the beloved vanilla I know tombstone to be, will hoard. O and staying power is great with this one!

The cedar is stronger in the hair gloss for me than it is in perfume form. The vanilla mixes with sassafras and gives off a subtle root beer vibe without being overly foody at all. I love it! My only complaint is that I wish it was a bit stronger. I have thick, butt-length hair and I have to use quite a bit to have it perfume all of the ends. It'll be subtle enough to wear to work though. I should have ordered more than one! :frustrated:

Edited by GlowJob

I loved the smell of Tombstone since I first sniffed it years and years ago. However, on me it turned entirely bland and powdery in perfume form. Lo! Here is the savior, Tombstone hair gloss! This is sensual but not overt. It's warm, warm vanilla and sassafras The cedar is barely noticeable to my nose, but I suspect it's what's adding the depth to this scent.

Three spritzes in my hand (I do one spritz, rub over a section of my hair, next spritz, different section, etc) and my hair is bringing a small, lightly scented cloud all around my face.

I love the Tombstone bpal oil, and was heartbroken to realize that I missed out on this when the forum was down:( Luckily, Absinthetics was able to get some for me, and I am forever grateful :wub3: So, onto the review:)

This smells much more like rootbeer when I spray it on my hair, which is OK with me! As it dries, it smells more like the Tombstone that I am familiar with, vanilla, woods, and sassafras. I love this, and glad I have some in my greedy mitts.

How is this not getting more love?

On the initial spray, the cedar is much stronger than in my perfume, but it only lasts a few minutes.

After that I get the sexiest vanilla woods and spicy sassafras. I put this in my hair right out of the shower, and I huff my hair all day. Did I mention the staying power of the scent? 8am two spritz into wet hair, and at 9pm I can still smell teh sexeh-ness. My only regret is buying one bottle while it was live. I am going to be hoarding and swapping for this until the end of my days. Or until something new trupms it as my favorite HG.

Cedar, sassafras, and a hint of vanilla. In general this is like Tombstone - rugged, outdoorsy woodsy blend.

Oh how I adore this in HG format. My skin amps the wood a bit, but in my hair it's more sassafras and vanilla, and that makes me so happy! <3