Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Akurarei

Nectar Hair Gloss

Honeyed camellia and bergamot with sweet honeysuckle and sugared columbine.

This is a very subtle fragrance, and just dances in the hair with very soft kisses of delicate florals, honey and a faint touch of earthiness.
It's absolutely lovely, and is reminiscent of a butterfly garden in summer.
Thank you Beth & Puddin' for such a lovely product!
I'll be wearing this a lot!

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: This sounded like it was exactly my kind of thing: lots of sweetness, lots of florals, and a touch of something like bergamot to keep it from causing cavities.

In the Bottle: Very sugary-sweet flowers with a strong citrus zing from the bergamot. Yesterday when it was just unpacked with all the rest of the things, I thought it smelled like last Yule's Nice Glop (honey-coated honeysuckle & sugarcane). But that must have been the very hot weather and the proximity of the Phlox bath oil, because today that bergamot zing is much stronger.

In my Hair: When applying it (again, just after using the sweet Phlox floral bath oil as a post-shower moisturizer) at first I had that overwhelmingly honey-sugar impression spraying it. But once I rubbed it into damp hair and began blow-drying, it took on a much cooler, herbal element. Now, 12 hours later, I can barely tell it's there in contrast to the faint Phlox leftover on my skin.

Verdict: I need to try it without using the Phlox bath oil, but my general impression is that it's a likely keeper for using on work days.

This smells glorious. It's smells like I've stuck my face in a spring bouquet & have come up with a face full of yellow pollen.

I'm not proficient with specific flower smells, but this smells exactly like what I imagined a scent called nectar would.

On a semi-related note: this is my first hair gloss & I love what it's done for my hair.

This is one of my favorite hair glosses. :wub2: Of course, I figured it would be, as I adore of sugary floral blends!

In the bottle, it smells very similar to the Nice Glop from 2013's Naughty or Nice Inquisition. The sweet honeysuckle is quite prominent, but the bergamot is definitely present, as well as the honeyed camellia (a note I recognize from Fallen Woman hair gloss). I am not sure what columbine smells like, so I cannot pick that one out, but I am sure it is contributing to the amazing sugary-floral vibe.

In my hair, the honeysuckle and the bergamot reign in all of their glory. The bergamot really complements the sugary floral notes. The honeyed camellia note becomes more prominent over time, and it becomes the dominant note at the end of the day. By this point, the bergamot is nowhere to be found.

I bought two blind bottles of this because I knew I would love it, and I am so glad that I did! :wub2:

Just sniffing from the bottle, I get the sweetened flowers, only slightly undercut by the zesty bergamot. Once on my hair, the bergamot is more obvious, but the sweet florals are still present. This will be a great spring/summer scent, sweet yet refreshing. I love honeysuckle and camellia, and adore sweet scents, so this was a must-try. :)

Yummy! Nectar is a great name for this blend. It smells like something that a hummingbird would eat, but not just any hummingbird, the queen bee of the hummingbirds.:) This is sweetened flowers, good enough to eat, but not foody. I am kind of wracking my brain trying to figure out what this reminds me of, maybe someone can help me out... This is fresh, juicy, clean and amazing. If I had the fundage, I'd get a bottle. Heck, I may just do that anyways! :) Maybe it's Chuparosa that this reminds me of....

How I use it: 4 spritzes on hands, run hands through wet hair. Very rarely do I put on dry hair.

Wet on hands: Mmmm, summer in the south. All camellia and honeysuckle.

Wet on hair: I totally get why this is called "nectar". It's so sweet and honeyed and lightly floral. I'm still getting mostly honeysuckle with a faint whiff of camellia and columbine.

Dry on hair: The florals have died down slightly, but it's still sweet. I'm still really amping the honeysuckle. Never do smell the bergamot, which is fine by me :) Absolutely gorgeous, and it lasts on my hair for the longest time - seriously, I can put it on in the morning, and still smell it slightly when I wake up the next morning.

This is a gorgeous sweet floral. In the bottle, it reminds me a lot of Fallen Woman - the same kind of strong honey sweetness. But once sprayed the flowers come out and the honey becomes more of a sugar, and the bergamot lends a kick of bitter citrus to the fun. Very pretty! Lasts a lot less time than most of my glosses, though - it was gone within a few hours, whereas others tend to linger enough that I can huff my hair and smell them.

Very strong, long lasting honey + honeysuckle scent, slightly powdery quality to the scent. With these notes, my nose wants mute of a juicy floral. The powdery works better with the chorion (on me, to my nose)

Boom! very strong. I dig it, but prefer my beloved standards IBT AND smutty goblin.

Honeysuckle and flower nectar. Thanks to the honey, this transforms into a dusky, powdery scent. Not baby powder -- it's the powder from butterfly wings. There is sugared floral in here, but as the oil dries the pollen is really the star of the show. You know that sticky flower pollen that gets all over everything? That’s the one in this hair gloss. The scent lasts a long-ass time. I could still smell it in my hair the next day. The nectar-ness of this was just a little too much for me, so I had to swap.

Nectar skews honeysuckle-heavy on me, and very sweet. It's like candied flowers! I don't know that I could pick camellia or columbine out of a perfume lineup, but the overall effect here is floral and sweet. Unlike some of the other flowery hair glosses, this smells like summer to me instead of spring, when blossoms droop with pollen and the sugars are so palpable that you can almost taste them in the air (like a butterfly must!). Although Nectar isn't a hair gloss I reach for often, I'm really glad I have it and it layers beautifully with Venus Erycina.

Sweet white florals. I get honeysuckle, camellia, and in general it smells like delicate, summery florals. It's flowery, sweet and summery florals.

I love this. I find it hard to describe, maybe because I am not that familiar with some of the florals. But it's got an almost tropical vibe, sweet and heady, and I love it.

I love the Lab's honey + honeysuckle combos, so I love this. It smells like honey, wildflowers, and sheer loveliness. Delicate, but heady; a little goes a long way.

First word that comes to mind to describe this is beautiful. The honey is barely there for me, but that's alright because all the florals blend together wonderfully. It also faintly smells like green grapes too. A gorgeous gloss and I'm glad to have tried out a decant of this.