Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ClockworkMoM

Chorion Hair Gloss

A gossamer armor: seemingly delicate, but as strong as adamant. Opalescent vanilla-infused benzoin with silvered iris, white patchouli, mimosa blossom, and white musk.

I am attempting to convey how lovely Chorion is in a first review (gasp), so please bear with me! Chorion is light and sweet. Not overpowering at all, but when my hair moves I get a sweet, creamy, vanilla. Not candy sweet, vanilla sweet; so benzoin is the key note on me. There is something else in the blend that starts off a bit sharp (maybe the patchouli or musk?), but fades into the background and keeps it from getting too sweet. It is not heavily floral, just really well-blended, with the vanilla/benzoin in the forefront. It is absolutely beautiful and very long lasting. Atlanta is in a terrible heat wave and I was outside for hours. My hair still smells amazing after 11 hours, with 4 of those out in the blazing afternoon sun. I am completely in love with it.

On me this is soft, light iris and musk, reminding me of The lovely kneel down, fair love and fill thyself with tears. The vanilla/ benzoin/ patch/ mimosa round out the scent; they don't stand out on their own.

I clutch a fist full of hair and hold it to my nose and have a scent memory of listening to the cure's just one kiss in the late summer rain on my walkman decades ago. a very dreamy and cosy time.

I like iris perfumes but I never crave or covet them. This might change right here with this here gloss. (I still have my hair shoved under my nose. For, uh, review purposes). Chorion the scent represents its inspiration amazingly well: strong, light, delicate, profound. Gorgeous!

Edited by annemathematics

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: In the last year I've discovered a whole new avenue of notes I can play with. I learned early on that a dark/red/black musk would amp on my skin and steamroll the rest of the blend, but that white/blue/light musks work reasonably well. Then Beth brought out the *white* patchouli in Butterflies, Flowers and Jewels Attending and I found one of my all-time favorite scents. So patchouli is no longer an automatic deal-breaker the way it once was. And hey, there's iriis, mimosa, and vanilla to boot!

In the Bottle: Gentle musk and patchouli, a nice sweetness, and an airy quality that could be the iris or mimosa. Very pretty.

In my Hair: Applying it to damp hair, I got mostly the musk and vanilla. Once it was in, it turned a little more floral, but not hugely so. Now, 12 hours later, I can barely detect it at all.

Verdict: It may be a matter of applying a little more, but if it remains a quiet scent it'll still do for work and help my hair stay shiny-soft.

Hmm. I'm not sure how I feel about Chorion yet.

In the bottle, it is iris and musk dominant.

I was hoping to mainly get vanilla-infused benzoin from this one, but that wasn't the case (in the bottle or in my hair).

I sprayed this directly into my damp hair several times prior to brushing it, and the mimosa blossom made an appearance with its sweet, candy-like scent. It didn't stay for long, though. I thought I may have smelled a bit of the benzoin when my hair was dry, but the scent was mainly iris dominant, like it was in the bottle.

I can't really pick out the white patchouli, but I have only used two scents with that note in it (Butterflies, Flowers, and Jewels Attending and The Laughter of Loki).

I think I will hang onto my bottle for now, but I don't see myself reaching for this one very often as it is one of the lighter hair glosses, and I don't really know what to pair this one with.

NOTE: I just noticed that there is a lot of sediment in my bottle. Even though I gave this a light shake before applying it yesterday, it probably wasn't enough. I will retest it later this week and edit my review if the scent has changed.

Edited by dementia_divine

This is light and lovely. Not one of the strong HGs that wafts all over the place, but stays closer to the body. I have been grabbing chunks of my hair to sniff, and it's very intimate.

The scent is lightly woodsy from the patchouli, and gently floral. I don't read it as a vanilla/benzoin dominant thing, but those notes are definitely present and serve to blanket the floral and woodier notes. It really smells to me like a walk in an enchanted spring wood, which is a very charming thing to have your hair smell like.

Like annemathematics, I paired it with Kneel Down, Fair Love and it works beautifully with that.

2 for 1 cherry popping! 1st hair gloss and 1st review, so please bear with me. I have very long (33 inches to be exact), thick, flirting with oily hair.

Purchased: From a FB group member, decant done by fourmite FragranceLush

In the decant: My first sniff gives me a nice light musky herbal scent. Reminds me a lot of those high end spa scents. I don't get any vanilla at all, even after mixing up the sediment at the bottom. However, the initial spray test I did on a paper towel gives that sweet, vanilla resin goodness. Maybe the trick is getting some of the sediment stuck in the spray tube?

Sprayability (yes, I made this word up): Gives me a nice mist from the decant, no random squirt streams!

In my hair wet: Sprayed directly onto my hair. Scent remains very similar to the bottle, but stronger and a little more herbaly. I think I am picking up on the White Patchouli more. Gloss doesn't give my hair any icky residue feel so far.

In my hair dry: The White Patchouli has calmed down a bit, and it's gone closer to what it was in the decant. The scent sticks close to my hair, which makes me very happy. :) Hair still has no icky residue feel, is not weighted down, has a wonderful shine and feels silky soft! Does help with my fly aways, but doesn't get rid of them completely (though nothing else has gotten rid of them either).

Final Thoughts: I am in absolute love with this hair gloss, my hair smells, and feels, like I went to one of those super classy spas! I feared the patchouli would be to much, but it seems that white patchouli agrees with me more then its siblings.This gloss would be a wonderful compliment to many of the floral scents, and very fitting to what its named after. Will have to snag a bottle of this before I leaves the post.

Edited by EphemeralFey

This smells strong in the bottle, musky perfume. While spraying, I notice the vanilla, and it's a nice one, or is it benzoin? Whatever the case, the vanilla scent doesn't stay in my hair, and it's mostly a shampoo type smell. Kind of soft flowers and a bit of musk. I'll save this one for next summer, it's better suited for that type of weather. For what it's worth, I don't get any patch, which would have made this more wearable for fall.

This is a very delicate scent. I get musk, and some woodiness, and some vanilla sweetness coming through, but it's very light and... almost fragile? There's almost a sense of longing and wistfulness. It's pretty and chilly at the same time.

Chorion hair gloss is truly delicate, and sticks close to me when I wear it. It opens with iris and white musk, tinged with vanilla. The white patchouli and mimosa blossom are very faint, to my nose. After blow-drying, it becomes mostly iris and vanilla, with very light patchouli and white musk. It's really pretty and another gloss that I feel more than comfortable wearing to work. It layers beautifully with White Peacock and Yucca Giant-Skipper.

You know this does smell like what you would think gossamer would smell like. Fragile, innocent, ethereal and sheer. This almost has an effervescent quality to it. It's almost too delicate for me. But I can say the vanilla used in this is fantastic. It's more vanilla pod than buttery. White musk tends to give me headaches but this doesn't. I think I may really enjoy this during Summer. As someone said above, this isn't working during fall/ winter. Come June, this will probably be my go to. Also, the scent didn't last very long in my hair, maybe 3, 4 hours.

Vanilla sweet, hints of white musk and iris. This one is a delicate vanilla floral. Very pretty, very feminine.

Oh that's pretty! Light musk and florals, hints of vanilla. Almost a bit woody? I am looking for really light scents for work, I think this will do nicely! Now to find more....

at first i get something citrussy, and i'm not sure what that is. then i get white musk and a rubbery note. i am almost wondering if my decant was mislabeled. it basically remains that way, with no florals or vanilla to speak of. i am so confused here...should probably track down some more because something here is amiss. even in the spray vial it smells like an intense lemony/citrus note.