Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Fresh on my skin, the tobacco is the most prominent note. It's lovely tobacco, definitely not cough worthy smoking tobacco. I get a hint if orange, but mostly vanilla. It is quite a soft blend, not as soft as I was expecting, almost dainty like.

It's perfumey, i'll say that! Although there's no amber listed in the notes, i swear i can smell it. It's a spicy-ambery-smoked orange scent.

Edited by theredkilt

Strong on the tobacco leaf and myrrh while wet. This is definitely "perfumey," but relatively light. I get a little bit of citrus underneath the tobacco, but the vanilla is nowhere to be seen.

As it dries I get a little more vanilla, but it retains that perfumey sharpness that I don't like. Neither tobacco nor myrrh has a great record of playing nice on my skin, so I'm not altogether surprised, but "blackened vanilla" sounded so exciting!

I bought this knowing it might be too tobacco-y for me. Wet it's really pungent and sharp on the tobacco note.

I tested it in the crook of my arm, and initially it was all tobacco. After a while a SUPER dark vanilla came through, and a very delicate orangey scent started to appear from the myrrh. Still, to my nose, the tobacco was so sharp it really overwhelmed the other notes. My husband was certain it wasn't that strong, though.

I feel like I can let Question Mark age a bit and hopefully the tobacco will mellow out a bit and I'll like it more.

Strange. Kind of smoky with a soft floral. Tobacco comes out a bit more, but with something a bit more citrusy rather than floral now. Smoky tobacco citrus with a touch of floral. Kind of nice, but not really my style, I'm not that fond of the French Tobacco note. May age into something better.

I am really happy with how this is working out on me! At the opening, the zesty happy orange blossom is the star on me, and harmonizes happily with the hint of cinnamon and myrrh. I don't really pick up on tobacco or vanilla much at all. As the orange blossom settles, the scent shifts and the blend softens, but doesn't morph into anything dark or creamy on me, which is what I was anticipating from tobacco and vanilla at the base. It stays higher pitched, with a pillowy, almost powdery quality.

Oh my gosh I love this! The blackened vanilla and tobacco are nice and dark without the heaviness of amber or musk, and the whole blend is sweet and spicey, perfect for fall. I have particularly enjoyed wearing this in the last couple of weeks since the weather here has chilled.

It starts off a touch perfumey, but much more masculine than I was expecting. Very gender neutral.It ends up as a very dry scent, mostly tobacco. I think I can pick up a hint of cinnamon, but no orange. It is relatively light and not very long lasting. This is nice, but not what I was expecting at all. Not a keeper for me.

After several hours Question Mark springs back to life! It dries to a STRONG sweet tobacco. I could smell it very clearly the next morning. I'm definitely not a fan of the drydown, but it actually reminds me a bit of Red Lantern, so if you're a fan of that you might want to give this one a try.

Edited by Teaker

this just smells like "perfume" to me...reminds me of my grandmother's

I can't pick out any specific notes (usually I can)

but there is a warm note underneath the perfume that's probably the cinnamon

if I let it sit a few minutes I think I can pick out the orange blossom, but still mainly "perfume"

*edit* a few MORE minutes and the morph hits! orange definitely also vanilla and tobacco come out, and the cinnamon goes away

still too perfumy for me, but nice to finally get the notes

Edited by Roogna

Wow! What a little changing! Hit with the tobacco when first on the skin, but in about 15 minutes, I lose that to a spicy orange blossom that sits close on the skin. The cinnamon is light. I have trouble making out the vanilla until much later. The tobacco makes a re-entry with the vanilla.

I love this and it is a good alternative to my beloved Antikythera Mechanism when I am in too close quarters with potentially sensitive noses.

Vanilla is always welcome here. I get the cinnamon-vanilla, and it’s just lovely. The leaf and bark mix in nicely. Could be a masculine scent, too.

Wet: Mmmm. Blackened vanilla (which has an anise-like vibe on me that I love) tobacco, and cinnamon. Oh ya. That's great so far. I get bits of orange (but not powdered orange cleaning product, like orange usually turns into on me). Quite complex on me, which is unusual, my skin often picks one or two notes to amp, drowning all the rest.

Dry: This is a really "dry" sort of dusty scent, but not in a bad way. Vanilla, tobacco, cinnamon and a hint of orange is what I get on dry-down. I like it, but I am not sure I love it.

In the bottle: all orange. But like a dark, smooth orange. Not bright and acidic.

Wet: dark, smooth orange and cinnamon. It's the soft, sweet cinnamon.

Dry: very smooth tobacco with hints of orange

In the bottle it was like pure orange, on the skin it's pure astringent tobacco. I normally amp spice, but i detect no cinnamon. Every so often I get a waft of sweetness which would probably be from the vanilla. It dries to a mainly soft tobacco.

Edited by BuxomM

In the imp: tobacco and orange blossom.

Wet: Holy tobacco, Batman! I can pick up the cinnamon and myrrh, but this is primarily a tobacco blend. Very perfumey, I don't hate tobacco but I don't exactly love it either so it's kinda disappointing. Despite typically amping it I'm getting no vanilla at all, it must REALLY be blacked. Not that it matters much, because...

Dry: Gone in less than 10 minutes. My skin smells faintly of woody ash, very similar to how BPAL's coffee note dries down on me. The rest of it's just gone. Blargh.

Wet: hmm definitely a mix, I can't pick anything standing out more than the others yet

On: This is nice. Hint of orange and tobacco leaf. Cinnamon just in the background but not overpowering. Definitely a blackened vanilla. I'm not familiar with myrrh as a single note so I can't speak for it. It's a little low throw.

Dry down: It didn't really morph much on me. The blackened vanilla and tobacco, cinnamon hangs around at the end with some slight orange in the background. It's not love but I'm glad I tried it.

Vanilla and tobacco mostly, with the cinnamon coming out while dry. No orange blossom, probably faded from age. It's got a smoky quality to it and it's a little similar to potpourri.

Not what I wanted, but it's not bad! Just can't see myself wearing this.