Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sweet orange with tobacco absolute and hay.

Orange French Tobacco. Which, really, what the hell else do you want? :rofl:

In the imp i can smell pulpy orange juice. Once it hits my skin, the orange disappears and the hay note emerges trumping everything else. In the end my wrist smells like a stable hay. Very unexpected !!!

A deliciously juicy, beautiful orange note sparkles sun-warmed in the opening. A little later, the chewy rich tobacco note starts to come out a little, still dazzled into submission by the effervescent orange. The hay is warm and subtle and meshes with the tobacco note so much that they aren't really distinct or separate. There is an almost syrupy quality to the overall aroma, in a really enjoyable way. I can see why this was such a popular, raved-about scent! I'm glad I snagged a bottle!

I don't get the orange scent on my skin (it's there in the imp). When applied this smells exactly like horehound candy to me while it's wet, then drying tobacco and hay, like a very clean tobacco barn in August. Lovely.

In the bottle: Orange and tobacco.

Wet: The orange dominates, followed by the tobacco. The orange is a realistic orange and the note seems to include the peel. I'm not getting much hay at this point, and I consider that to be a good thing.

Dry: This stays really close to the skin now. The orange is still there, but it isn't as prominent as it was before. The hay note has emerged, lending a bit of warmth and sweetness to the scent. I was worried about the hay note, but it really works here! It's mainly tobacco and hay now.

Verdict: Like, but not love. I will be holding onto my bottle, though.

Edited by dementia_divine

In the bottle: spicy orange

Fresh: smells like the licorice orange Tea I had yesterday. Spicy orange with something like clove and licorice (the plant, not the candy). I don't really know how straight up tobacco smells, so that could be the spice-note.

No hay yet.

Dry: mellowed out and became very faint on my skin. I still get a light throw though. Creamy warm orange with a hint of spice.

I really like the dry stage and hope it get's a little bit stronger with aging. ^^

Very strong tobacco, layered with a mature, rich orange. This smells dark, and kind of... regal? I'm getting a very opulent, kingly association and I'm not sure why. Its darker than I expected, but simple and lovely. It started off pure tobacco but the orange showed up in short order. I'd say it's about 50/50 orange and tobacco. No hay to be seen, but I'm thinking age might help bring that out.

I'm so sad that the orange fades so quickly :( In the bottle the orange is very strong and sharp, like cutting through the peel of a fresh orange, but when applied it becomes sweeter and rounder, and is so bright and happy but still gender-neutral, and I *love* that stage, but the orange dies off really quickly, and all that's left is the hay. Hay is such a bugger of a note on me, it lingers for DAYS, so I've gotten a bit sick of it - the dry scent of this is the same dismal squelchy grey countryside smell as Bram Stoker, smells like an old man in muddy wellies smoking a pipe >_< I need to try this in my scent locket - if the orange lingers longer, keeping the hay in the background as a nice hint of masculinity, I will have to pursue a bottle, but on skin alone, it's not worth it for 5 minutes of lovely and hours of squelchy hay!

Just realized I have reviewed this!

It's a pretty simple blend overall, just lots of rich tobacco and orange with a touch of hay that emerges in the drydown. I don't have the best relationship with citrus but the orange here is sweet enough that my skin chem doesn't ruin it. The three notes really meld together perfectly once fully dry. Very glad I snagged a bottle. :wub2:

• ITI: Hmm, I'm not sure about this one. I do pick up orange, but it's like the Pledge orange. The tobacco paired with hay, however, reminds me of my barn back home, complete with staples that need to be mucked.

Wet: The orange is much more dominant on my skin and moves from Pledge to orange zest. Thankfully, the hay is only faintly present under the tobacco, which is functioning as the middle note so far.

Dry: By the end of my day, the scent was just sweet orange and a hint of tobacco. It's a 5/10 for me because I really dislike how it smelled when applied wet.

First impression: I got a small decant as a gift and sniffed this without consulting notes, and honestly had zero idea what was going on in it. Like, none whatsoever. I liked it, though. It smelled warm and brown in a late-summer kind of way.

Wet: I don't get the burst of really fresh orange that the reviews mention, but this could be because the oil has already had a couple of years to age. I get a nice mellow fruit in the middle, bolstered by a fresh, grassy sweetness on top and smooth tobacco underneath.

Dry: Dries orange and brown. No, seriously, it smells the way the butterfly looks, on top of also smelling like a wonderfully hot, late summer day - August, when the grass is dry. I'm not sure what happens to the tobacco - there's something sweet and almost creamy about it, like it gains some vanilla. Not much throw, which is fine with me as long as it has some staying power, which this definitely does.

Keeping this one. Hay absolute isn't my #1 favorite note, but I adore orange and tobacco, so the balance is really working for me.

Ooohhh. I love orange but my skin eats it. Here its sticks around, like the faded remnants of citrus you can smell on your hands hours after you've peeled an orange.

The tobacco is rich and sweet and chewy. As it dries I don't really get a hay smell. More the dusty afterthought.

It's very nice and I'll keep my decant but I don't think I'll need a bottle.

Wet: definitely happy orange. Perhaps somewhat artificial, but not orange candy.

Drydown: The tobacco makes an appearance, giving it a more fun cigarillo affect.

Dry: The orange calms down a lot, but still leaves the sweet syrupy smell on your skin, with the hay and tobacco giving it a nice outdoor effect. Definitely a great smell for summer. Like sexy sweet skin smell. Low throw

Edited by Carrie

Wet: Umfg, orange and tobacco is such a brilliant combo, and the hay gives it a perfumey quality I love so much. This is gooood. If the orange doesn't go off on me, this will be an absolute keeper.

Dry: So. Good. Simple but gorgeous, I love it. The tobacco and hay keep the orange from going powdery on me, which is awesome, I love orange and can rarely wear it. I feel like this will be a wonderful early fall scent - it's bright, but grounded. Love it! So happy to have it.