Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GoddesShel

Son of biggerCritter

Coconut pulp and vanilla cream with lemon balm and Mexican lime.

All my brain keeps coming up with is, "You put the lime in the coconut....." It's actually more coconut than lime, on me, but I do get some fizzy lime in there, and the vanilla blends with the coconut and lime when it's dry to just make it heavenly.
I LOVE this - it is PERFECT for hot, humid summer days. It has a really tropical feeling to it, makes me feel as if I'm on a beach somewhere with a fancy drink in my hand!

Coconut and tropical fruit at first, it doesn't really smell like lime to me. Kind of reminds me of Velvet Tiki from a few years back. Changes into a coconut cookie. I'm rather disappointed in this one, I was hoping for a more tropical lime, and not as sweet. Foodies may like this.

Son of BiggerCritter, I so wanted you to work out. On wet, you started off with a blast of lime, coconut and pineapple, and quickly developed a dreaded latex note. BPAL's cream note strikes again.

SAD SAD PANDA FACE.

It dries down to a lime/coconut plastic. Remember BBW's Lime Coconut lotion? Yes, it smells like that. But better.

But I can't wear it.

*sits under the Tree of Despair (picture here)*

Definitely a "does what it says on the tin" sort of scent, which is fortunately what I was hoping for!

It goes on with a blast of coconut and lime while wet, but the lime fades as citrus tends to do, leaving me with a vanilla coconut cookie scent. As noted, this does skew pretty sweet and foody, which I prefer so I'm not disappointed.

The only thing keeping me from wanting more of this is how terribly quickly the lime fades. The coconut cookie scent is nice, but I really wanted to keep that fresh lovely lime around. There are hints of the citrus, when I sniff close, so maybe it'll fare better if I slather more in a full wear rather than just a skin test. I'm keeping the decant I have, and we'll see how it ends up with wear.

This starts off like super-sweet, warm honey drizzled over candied lime. It is intensely sweet, to the point of being cloying. As it dries down, it reminds me a bit of pie crust and honey for some reason. The citrus disappears entirely on me within a couple minutes of wear and I'm left with a vague vanilla sweetness rather than coconut on my skin.

After about ten minutes, this has dried down to a sweet, warm, honey-vanilla-y thing (reminds me of Possets' "The Girls" series of honey blends), which I sort of enjoy, but this doesn't have very good throw or staying power at all. It clings close to the skin and lasts about 45 minutes tops.
It's fine, but I own so many wonderful vanilla scents by this point in my life that I know I'll never wear this one.

My husband smelled this on me and just shrugged and said "vanilla candle?" It does smell a little waxy/plasticy to me after he said that. :/

Overall, I am underwhelmed by this fragrance. It's not bad, and I love the biggerCritters, but I doubt that I'll ever really wear this perfume... it just smells cheap to me, honestly.

Edited by Little Bird

initial reaction: "eugh eugh eugh get it off"

this is one of a very small number of bpals i have tried and just... totally instantly straight-up hated it. this goes so terribly wrong on my skin. i don't know if it's the coconut (which has not been very kind to me lately; i don't think i can wear it anymore) or the "vanilla cream" or a combination thereof but it smells sickly-sweet and rotten... with a hint of lime.

and yet my husband loves it, even on me. it makes no sense!

i'm normally a hoarder even of bottles i know i'll probably never wear but i might just sell this one.

When the forum was down this summer, I was incredibly bereft without it to keep me company. I don't really do any other social media but I was so worried I would miss some wonderful Lab or TP treat that I began stalking other sites. Lo and behold, I stumbled across Son of biggerCritter just after it had been posted (and even then I didn't expect any to be left for me). But I got a bottle, and I am so very glad I did.

To me, the coconut in this scent is very similar to that of Tiki Princess: Sort of a "cold" smell that is not at all reminiscent of warm suntan lotion but rather smells of true pulp. There's a slight "fizz" from the lemon balm and lime, rather than a noticable citrus note. The whole thing is grounded by vanilla cream (which, thank gods, does NOT turn to salty boiled peanuts as that can often do). The scent is lush and lovely and blends so that each note is relatively unidentifiable; one doens't think "that smells like X or Y," just "Man that smells good."

• ITI: It reminds me of a tropical summer – suntan lotion, kafir limes, and pina coladas by the beach.

• Wet: Yum! Coconut cream, bright lime, a touch of sugar, and lemon balm. It’s a a very festive, summer scent.

Dry: Interesting. It dries down into suntan lotion, coconut sugar, shredded lime and lemon, and something slightly basic underneath that I cannot place. The vanilla cream turns a little plastic-y on my skin, but I think that’s just me.

At first it's coconut cookie with a hit of lime juice. I like it! On me it dries down to vanilla cream with a hint of coconut which I also love, but I wish it had longer staying power...it only lasts an hour or so. However, it is great for summer!

I LOVE this scent! It's the most delicious mix of coconut and lime and has that lovely vanilla cream note to make it not too tart or citrusy. So happy to have a bottle! :) 

Edited by vanilla323

Being a complete whore for coconut, I had to track some of this down.

Wet: Like what every coconut lime scent you've ever smelled wants to be This is REAL tangy, slightly bitter lime, squeezed onto fresh coconut. It smells like vacation. It smells like going to the beach. It smells like happiness. This is why I love coconut so much!

Dry: Much more lime on me than coconut, but that's ok, I don't have very much lime in my collection, and it's one of the few citrus notes I can wear. This screams summer. Anyone looking for other companies' "coconut lime verbena" type fragrances, this is it, only a million times better, cuz it's BPAL.

This aged beautifully! On skin, I can not get more than a 20 minute longevity in its perfect balance. But the oil on my cotton sleeve is glorious Coconut Vanilla Lime.

I’m over the moon with this and ISO.

Wet/in bottle: sweet citrus (not just lime) coconut, like a (virgin) tropical drink

On skin: lemon usually goes to cleaner on me, but lime is usually OK. Not sure about lemon balm..I've taken it as a tincture but not quite sure what it smells like in the perfume world. I thought this was turning to cleaner tho and was about to throw it in the destash pile when DH came home and I got the highest compliment ("mmmm you smell good")..so I guess I'm keeping it?

Dry: what my nose interprets as cleaner goes away and the scent overall is pretty soft, but it's like a creamy citrus flavored macaroon (the coconut kind as opposed to the French ones) - heavier on the coconut and pretty foodie, but with a soft edge. I'm not mad about it. I think this scent will shine better in warmer weather tho.

I'm surprised I never reviewed this?

I love Son of a biggerCritter. It's such a lovely summery lime scent, with the lime being the star on me throughout wear. I think the lemon balm just serves to add some oomph to the lime, and there's some creaminess in the background, but I don't get much coconut. Which is great, because I'm not typically fond of coconut-heavy scents.

It's not as creamy as Key Lime Pie perfume oil, so if you're looking for more creaminess than lime, you might want to check out that one. But I love them both!

I'm on my back-up bottle of Son of a biggerCritter, and I'll revel in its summery lime glory while it lasts. :heart: 

Edited by doomsday_disco