Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Miss Spink and Miss Forcible's Tea Leaves

Also seen just as "Tea Leaves".

This one is a light tea, either green or white, and citrusy. I swear I am sniffing also some fresh green dandelions? I definitely get the green stem sap smell along with the tea. It dries down to a clean, little old lady soap but on wet, it's absolutely delightful.

If you're looking for a fresh, clean floral with tea, I'd give this a try.

This came off as a very floral Earl Grey to me - I definitely get the citrus-y scent of bergamot, but maybe also a touch of jasmine? It bothered my nose a little, and I'm allergic to jasmine, so that may have been the culprit.

In the bottle: Very perfume-y at first, and then quite grassy. It's a green tea mixed with either bergamot or orange peel. It registers to my nose as steeped green Earl Grey leaves.

Wet: The citrus component is the dominant note on my skin at first. I am sure that it is bergamot now (and not orange peel). I'm glad it isn't grassy on me (like it was in the bottle). It's still a bit perfume-y, though. I still believe the tea note is a green tea, and it seems like it is becoming more prominent the longer this sits on my skin.

Dry: The scent is quite light now. The bergamot is still there, although it is faint. It's mostly a light, clean scent.

Verdict: I'm glad that I was able to try this tea scent! It's not one of my favorites, but I am going to hang onto my bottle.

*edit* I just retested this one after a few years, and I do think there is jasmine in this... like a jasmine green Earl Grey.

ETA: Retested this to see if it could stay in my collection and I'm getting a lot of anise in the wet phase now? I'm not sure if it is the tea note or if it's because it's a note that pops up in the Miss Spink and Miss Forcible scents, but it's time for me to let it go because I never reach for it.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Hello, single note dandelion. This hits as a rush of green sap and bergamot, with almost no tea at all. This is like fresh tea leaves, not what a cup of tea or dried tea smells like. This is herbal, green and zingy. As it dries, green tea starts to make itself known, making this feel like a green jasmine Earl Grey. I would not have picked this for myself, but I can totally see myself wearing it.

The core of this perfume is white tea, as it's a little lighter and less earthy than green tea. It's light on the skin but present enough to actually get whiffs of.

I definitely get the citrus/floral note that the other reviewers mention. It's a top note that lifts the scent.

I'm also wondering if there is a pinch of biscuit here? It's nothing definite, but there's a hint of something grounding the scent once it's dry that's keeping it from being 100% fresh and bright. I'm honestly suspecting it's there because the other Spink and Forcible perfumes have biscuit crumbs in them. It could also be skin chemistry.

Overall, it's a nice addition to the collection of this tea drinker.

Grassy tea, quite peppery (dandelion-like), with a bright bergamot and light floral note. Then on the tail there's star anise and just an almost imperceptible buttery note, like maybe the ghost of an anisette cookie. It's mostly a nice peppery tea. I like this!  Less spa, more English garden.

After it completely dries, a lot of the herbal notes disappear and we're left with a faint anise cookie note. Reminds me a lot of grandma's pizzelles. Doesn't last very long but it's nice. 

Edited by supreme_c0rt

My bottle is probably two years old. I don't get anything grassy, sappy, or particularly green from it. It reads as a black tea, possibly with jasmine and bergamot. It also has a chewy, fermented quality that reminds me of a fresh vanilla pod after you've scraped it, and a slight spiciness like star anise. 

The more it sits on my skin, the more I get a "perfume" hovering above the tea and distinct from it. I think there are touches of the Miss Spink and Miss Forcible blends in here. Miss Spink would explain the white floral overlay, and Miss Forcible would explain the touches of vanilla/anise - I see that another reviewer got "anise cookies" from Miss Forcible, which was what I was getting from this blend before I even looked at that review. 

Overall a clean, light blend that clings to the skin. Any tea fan should definitely try it.