Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This one is a Coraline prototype.

I get resinous myrrh, with a touch of cherries and a slight boozy note. It was dark, sensual, and a little creepy.

Just like the Other Mother.

I'm getting sweet woods, maybe cedar? This is like walking through the forest in summer, with heat bringing out the oils in the woods.

The Beldam is one of those scents that I really wish I had the notes, she's so beautifully blended it's tough to pick out individual notes. I don't get any cherry, which tends to do bad things on my skin.

Rich, resinous, sticky and slightly herbal and a tad boozy, like an herbal liqueur. Dark, sexy, sinister. Very unique. It's a shame this hasn't been released with the other Coraline scents. She's gorgeous, unusual, just demands to be sniffed!

This oil is very thick, dark golden yellow in colour, and I can tell just from opening the bottle it's going to be gloriously resinous...

Wet: Oh yeah, resins galore! I get that "slightly cola" aspect that makes me think there is some opoponax or maybe laudanum lurking in this. It's rich and sweet. Tiny hints of wood. Something just a wee bit incensey. This is dark, mysterious, compelling.

Dry: This grows in complexity (and sheer gorgeousness) as it dries and warm on my skin. Primarily resins with a hint of wood, I think I also detect some sort of dark fruit brightening things up. I don't think cherry - maybe a very dark plum? Either way, this is stunning. I adore it, and am so happy to have snagged a bottle. A special scent for sure, and not just because I am obsessed with Gaiman. I really wish they had been able to add this one to the Coraline line, it's truly special.

Thick, goopy. brown, red, purple. Almost vanilla-liquorice with a hint of crispy cocoabeetles in the background. Cherry pops and alcohol in a dusty room. Been waiting for a good couple of minutes now but the oil is so thick it's barely drying down, hah.

Dried down it doesn't change much; still pretty sure it's got least a touch of liquorice. I'm not sure if I'm getting the woodsy note though, though I must admit to something earthy in there. Very very interesting! :biggrin:

Edited by Cali

I tried this one at Drag Con. It was thick and syrupy and I thought I smelled like cherry (maybe black cherry -- not a red variety) and dark myrrh, although maybe my nose was mistaken and it was a different dark fruit. It ended up being more resinous as it sat on my skin.

I wonder if this one will end up getting released. If it does, I'd love to test it properly, without a ton of other scents on my arms. :)

Just wanna say how excited I am to find these reviews, having just noticed that this blend is still not included in the collection on the BPAL site.

Gonna see if I can change that! At first sniff it seemed like some kind of dark vanilla/cedar goo, but on the skin I'm getting that mysterious tart fruit note (cherry? currant? prune?) and a hint of anise amidst this backdrop of swirling resins. The oil is almost gummy on the skin, how decadent!