Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

Little Sister is Watching You

A voice on the airwaves: electric, aldehydic cherry blossom.

This is a very straightforward but potent cherry blossom scent. It is heavier on the woodsy, 'fleshier' blossom aspects of cherry blossom. It starts off quite wet-smelling and then develops the dry floral sweetness after a few moments. In terms of aldehydes and electricity, there is a flash of metallic that is somewhat similar to Kataniya. As time passes and this is allowed to dry down, I am getting much less of the cherry blossom and more of a cologney base - not quite natural, making this into a somewhat surreal sakura.

It's similar to Voyeurs amongst the Cherry Blossoms but definitely veers towards artificial in only the best way possible - this is an ominous, quietly mechanical cherry blossom.

Dew kissed sakura adrift on a sea of soft ozone and cologne. As it dries, the sakura fade into the background Dry, it's a nonobtrusive cologne with tinges of a mechanical cherry blossom scent.

Do you desperately miss Neo-Tokyo, or wanted to try it, or maybe wanted to like it but found it a little too fruity for you? Try this one. That scent was very cherry blossom on me, with a metallic tinge, and the fruitiness didn't show up until late drydown. This is like the wet stage of that all the way through. Very sharp, clean, bright, gleaming, pale pink and white-silver, though not chrome. Most of the other recent LEs/GCs with that as a note have warmer or sweeter notes, but not Little Sister Is Watching You.

Cherry blossom is always a little bit like dryer sheets on me, but this is less so than usual.

I really like it, but it also puts my nerves a little on edge, so I'm not sure when I'd want to wear it. ?_?

Cherry blossoms, hint of metal, slight dryer sheet smell.

This is pretty much a straight forward sakura blend. I sort of really love it because there aren't that many straight up cherry blossom blends in BPAL's repertoire. I think the slightly chemically/artificial note in it is deliberate, which is a subtle reminder that this isn't really real.

This is awesome. It's like ferocious cherry blossom doing some ass kicking. Sharp, metallic, and perfumey. Cherry blossom always seems delicate and ethereal to me, sort of a whimsical, feminine floral, so I love that this has an edge. There's moments where it smells tinny or high pitched in some way, and then that gives way to the more familiar floral, and then it becomes bright and insistently shiny again.

It fades into a lighter, transparent clean smell, and I do have to reapply once or twice throughout the day. But it's so appealing to me that I like slathering it on anyway. It's equally good in a scent locket.

The most awesome cherry blossom scent at first! This is the first time the Lab's listed cherry blossom note actually smells like cherry blossom. I've smelled other blends, and I don't get it even though it's listed. This smells like a Lush product cherry blossom note, very authentic. Dry, something else comes out, not sure what, but it's a bit musky, so cherry blossom and musk. I like this, and will probably pull it out in the spring.

• ITI: The scent here smells like clean soap and fresh sakura blossoms. It's quite refreshing.

Wet: Once applied, the scent remains fairly true to form - soapy and slightly sweeter cherry blossoms, but a subtle combination of metallic ozone and something faintly aquatic emerges, which I was not expecting from the scent notes.

Dry: It dries down to heavy soap, very faint cherry blossom. As much as I liked it in the bottle, this is a pass for me.

Starts off as a cherry blossom scented soap. It smells breezy, clean, creamy, floral, and a bit sweet. After about a half hour, though, it's all laundry soap powder and loses the creamy blossoms and sweetness, and then I don't care for this at all.

This is a winner for me! Usually I prefer darker scents, but I loved Neo-Tokyo so I thought I would give this a shot. I'm so glad I did. On me, Little Sister is a mix of delicate cherry blossoms and fresh spring air. It's light and clean and not overwhelmingly sweet. It could definitely be a little sister (ha!) to Neo-Tokyo, but it isn't an exact match. The air in Neo-Tokyo was chilly and crackling with electricity, and had a sharp metallic bite. Little Sister is warmer and even edges towards cozy. I do get the comparison to soap, although if this were a soap it would be expensive and fabulous and I'd never want to bathe with anything else. Little Sister doesn't replace Neo-Tokyo but it's beautiful all on its own. It is currently my go-to fresh/delicate/feminine scent.

Aged bottle: 07/2014

Wet: Cherry blossom with flashes of ozone.

Dry: Predominantly cherry blossoms still, but with an undertone of spring scented detergent. It's weirdly still pretty, just kind of soapy.

Edited by ralenth

for me, this smells like irish spring soap with a slight metallic edge. it softens as i wear it, but i cannot detect cherry blossom as it dries down. eventually it has a light light cherry blossom base. 

it is not a total loss at all though, as my fiancé likes it! 

on him, it still has the cologny- irish spring smell, but there is a cherry blossom scent rounding it out on the bottom. it’s more than it is on me, and it has better throw and a heavier, not quite incense,  but SOMETHING else there ???wowowow! he rolled his eyes at me because i kept asking to sniff it to review.

Don't know if I smelled cherry blossom before, so I can't really reference it to anything, but this is a blueish pink floral, it's got the same 'electric' note in it as midnight on the midway.