Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
fetish911

Ice

Devoted ruthlessness. This is the scent of razors, cold metal, icicles, and her diamond-tipped claws: eucalyptus blossom, crystalline musk, white ginger, mint, and elemi.

Wet - this such a sharp musk. I can smell only a tiny drop of mint (not a mint fan so this is fine with me) and a metallic aquatic note. I don't notice any eucalyptus outwardly, maybe that it's contributing to the sharpness? Eucalyptus on me is very medicinal smelling and I really don't notice any. It's definitely got a cologney feel to it. So far so good!
Dry -it is completely man cologne on me. It doesn't morph too awfully much, although the drop of mint is totally gone. It smells rather sexy, if it was on a guy. I would attack him. It's a masculine clean, scent just not a "me" scent . I do have to say though, this scent is so well blended. I do find myself sniffing my arm and going "mmmmm" over and over....

Wet: Sharp fingered musk, curling around soft tendrils of mint and wisps of elemi. It feels aggressive and cooly distant simultaneously.

Dry: Masculine cologne with tinges of aquatic. It lands somewhere between Volt (sans leather and mintiness) and Villain (sans lavender).

Cool and definitely cologne-like. The eucalyptus burns off almost immediately and I'm left with mostly a white musk and white ginger scent. It reminds me a little of Spider, but less...mmm, friendly, I guess? Harsh, a little bitter, and not as Ice-like as I might have expected. It's also a little headache-inducing for me.

This is the type of icy blend that has coconut, so read this review with a grain of salt.

OMG BBW COCONUT AND LIME, IS THAT YOU??

I get: ginger, mint, lime and coconut.

If you EVER wished that BPAL did BBW Coconut and Lime in anyway shape or form, try this puppy. I am serious.

Coconut lovers rejoice.

Mint and aquatic at first. I can actually feel the coolness of the mint on me. It reminds me a LOT of CK1 at this point. Dry, quite a bit different, musk and woods with a touch of aquatic. Still a great dude blend, but I'll never wear it. I'll save it for a future dude in my life. :biggrin:

I received a frimp of this with my lovely NYCC exclusives.This is not something I ever would have ordered for myself and the SO claims it smells like Irish Spring (I can see that) but I actually really, really enjoy Ice. It's very well blended and each of the individual notes melds perfectly so you can't pick out one over the other. I work in healthcare so I have to only lightly apply 'clean' smelling scents during work days and this works just great for that.

sharp cologney scent with aquatic feel to it. I definitely understand the CK1 analogy. There is a slight coconut sweetness and mint when it dries. this is a pretty, clean scent. perfect for professional days and would be gorgeous on a man!

Edited by Jangzonrice

• ITI: It's sharp and clean, like men's body wash.

Wet: The scent doesn't change much once applied to the skin. The eucalyptus and ginger are present, along with something cool and something that does read as metal. Every now and then, I get a subtle whiff of a soft, pleasant musk, but not enough to counteract the overtly masculine tone of the scent.

Dry: After 20 minutes, it's back to men's body wash. That's a "no" from me.

In the imp this was a minty eucalyptus, very fresh and mild. Once on the skin I got a little of the musk, a lot of eucalyptus, and still a little mint. I thought it smelled quite masculine so it's not something I would wear though I didn't dislike the smell. But I made my brother try it and he liked it (his exact words were "It's good. I like it.") so he may be getting a bottle in the future. Overall, it's a really pleasant scent, but it's not for me.

Men's cologne feel, soft mint, and a watery, cool white musk. Clean and sharp. I don't get any coconut or sweetness from this, personally. Drydown is like a watery type, musky men's cologne.

I was frimped Ice; it's pretty much a panoply of death notes, not something I would ever have chosen.  That being said, it's not nearly as bad as expected.  Apparently eucalyptus blossom is softer than just eucalyptus.  The crystalline musk is not too screechy.  The mint is contributing to an overall coolness without screaming peppermint.  This is quite unisex, and I agree with the previous reviewer that it has a clean and sharp feel.  Not something I would wear often, but I'm glad I had a chance to try it. 

So my experience with Ice seems to be different from most.  I smell everything but the ginger.  The eucalyptus blossom definitely has a gentler quality than plain ol' eucalyptus and the mint is light and sweet.  This whole fragrance is quite sweet on me in fact, and the musk mellows it and gives it a wispy quality.  I get the coconut note others are mentioning, though I'm not sure it's ACTUALLY coconut.  It strikes me as a quality of the musk.  Ice smells less sharply cold than I expected and very aldehydic.  I get no soap, although aquatics often do that on me.  I get why people say cologne, but it's too sweet on me to read as masculine.  I get more of an androgynous leaning feminine vibe.  Tilda Swinton could wear this in a white suit.  I actually quite like it, but I don't if I'd have cause to wear it often.  It has a polished, modern, professional feel.  Not sharp, but slick and synthetic. 

It reminds me a bit of The First Time I Saw a Ghost and Snow White. Maybe sticking the two together and taking out the floral notes?  Glad I got to try it and I'll enjoy having the imp.  :)

Kabuki Ice

In the bottle: Clean, sweet, and fresh with brittle shards of white musk. It's hard to pick any one thing out, this scent is nicely balanced.

Wet: The mint pops out in front, and it's lovely and light. Almost poofy. Now, the eucalyptus bolsters the mint, making it a little less poofy and more stompy. It's still overall an ethereal clean scent with a suggestion of sharp edges.

Dry down: It's gorgeous! Why did I sleep on this for so long! I'm not familiar enough with elemi yet to tell you what role it's playing, but this scent is beautiful. Light. Cold. Sweet. It's just great. I can't stop sniffing my wrist! This might be a new favorite, but that will depend on how long it lasts.

Dry: I'm finally getting a hint of gloopy warmth from the ginger, but it's still mostly just lovely airy sweet light. I'm not getting ruthlessness or razors. That doesn't bother me at all, this is just AMAZING.