Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
OctoberGwen

Eat Me Hair Gloss

Three white cakes, vanilla, and red and black currants.

OMFG, what is that delicious smell?!

Oh. It's me. Me, and my Eat Me hair gloss. :yum:

Like the atmosphere spray, this smells exactly like the perfume oil: the richest, most delicious vanilla cake you can imagine (no hint of frosting, just cake), spiked with currants to keep it from being too, too sweet. Eat Me is my one foodie BPAL, and it's the best.

Like all the BPTP hair glosses, my hair is shiny and well behaved yada yada yada. Seriously: if you have not tried them yet and you have hair, get thee to the Trading Post and get some. My ultra-fine, straight hair looooooooves it. I spritz a couple times into my palms and apply it to dry hair, being careful to avoid my roots. Some folks prefer wet application, so try both to see what works for you. BPTP gloss adds a nice amount of body and my hair looks gorgeous, but best of all: it smells fucking amazing all day long. :luv2:

If you love Eat Me, I hope you got some of its hair gloss!

I love Eat Me, and I love hair gloss. So naturally, I bought three bottles.

It smells just like the Eat Me perfume, which means that it smells like white cake, vanilla (which I believe is the same variety found in Snake Oil), and currants. It's AMAZING.

AND IT IS STRONG.

Seriously, I put this in my hair yesterday, and even though I took a shower today, it is still going strong in my hair. I have to say that it is one of the strongest hair glosses that I own.

That said, I wouldn't recommend slathering the Eat Me perfume while pairing it with the hair gloss. I'm a mega-slatherer, and I regretted my slathering yesterday when I ended up being car sick (whilst being immersed in a never-ending cake cloud). I plan on using a light application of the perfume when pairing it with the hair gloss in the future.

*edit* Day three. I washed my hair twice when I took a shower today. My hair still smells like cake. THIS IS SOME STRONG STUFF.

Edited by dementia_divine

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: I like Drink Me after finally opening a frimp and trying it for lulz, but had avoided Eat Me as being too foody and thinking currants had been the downfall in a couple of otherwise pretty scents. But after a few Lunacy polls of scents that were definitely too dark/musky/patchouli/dirt/etc. for me, I voted for Eat Me as a sort of protest vote, never realizing that it was that popular. And having voted for it, I decided I should follow through and buy it.

In the Bottle: First inhale - rich sweet cake. Second inhale - dark fruity currant on top of the cake. It is indeed a yummy scent. Might toss an imp into my next BPAL order to see what this would do on my skin.

Applying: I have straight and really thick hair, so I bend and hang my head, spritz the hair gloss on hair that's still damp, and use my hands to try and work it through. It usually takes me 6-10 sprays to get it all. Then I blow-dry it. While I was applying I expected to smell the gloss - that's what happens with my CVBT gloss and Lightning Storm. But I didn't really smell anything and when I held my wet hair to my nose all I got was the shampoo.

Drydown: Again, I usually have no trouble smelling my other hair glosses all day long. But I have to sort of hunt for Eat Me in my hair against the shampoo (not a really strong shampoo, but a light citrus-fruity one). Every once in a while I'll find a lock with some sweetness to it, but there's no way I can say this is strong. I even tried asking my husband what my hair smelled like and he could only say my hair smelled clean.

Verdict: Undecided. It's doing the usual job of making my hair nice and soft (but maybe not quite as shiny as the others?), but I'm not really getting the benefit of the scent this way. I'll try again tomorrow, but since I have a couple Butterfly hair glosses en route, I might look to give this a better home rather than overstock. But I'm definitely trying the perfume at some point.

Edited by puck_nc

^^ what OG and d_d said. This is A-MAY-ZING! Long lasting scent, but since I'm a slatherer that's a good thing. So glad I bit the bullet and bought two bottles of this. Very sorry for those who missed it. It smells exactly like Eat Me perfume. This is very sweet vanilla cake, with a fruitiness from the currants. This is very long-lasting and has some powerful throw in my hair. And when I finally shampoo, the shower is filled with the smell of Eat Me as it rinses from my hair.

Edited by Poenari

I have never understood the popularity of Eat Me. It's nice enough, but comparisons to Snake Oil and other classic bpal greats? I don't get it at all. Here, same thing, it's pleasant enough with berries and a touch of perfume, not getting much cake. After my hair dries, not much scent, though someone said that I smelled 'great' today, and I had no other oils on, so must of been the hair gloss. Maybe it's some weird chemical thing with me that I can't smell Eat Me the ways everyone else does. I'll certainly use the gloss, as apparently it smells great on me, but I won't spring for a bottle.

Eat Me, in any form, seems to be just over the "too rich" line for me. That being said, though, once the scent fades a little it does become a cloud of baking and vanilla following you along. This one has gotten me a lot of compliments, though. I suspect that I will be using this more as we (in Australia) are moving towards summer, because even though it is rather rich and heavy it has a musky sweetness that I suspect with cover the smell of being hot and sweaty and gross.

My advice for application is through the hair closest to the back of the neck. It is a little less wafty, and lets the body heat warm it gently enough to not be all in your face.

I recently fell head over heels for Eat Me and knew I had to have the gloss. I was a total jerk and didn't order elebenty bottles of it when it was in stock at the Post, so I've been hunting it down like a loony everywhere. This stuff is seriously amazing. It's so good, I'm considering begging Puddin' to see if he will make it a GC hair gloss. Huh, Puddin'? Whaddya say? Please? Pretty please?

Eat Me hairgloss is more in line with the Eat Me atmosphere spray experience as opposed to the perfume. I get white cake and a touch of currant.

But as stated before, I am not one of those people that likes smelling like cake. I mean, my hair smells delicious, but I keep trying to eat my hair. Which in an office setting is probably disturbing to see a coworker do this.

So. good. Vanilla cake and dark fruit.

It's more mildly scented than some of the hair glosses, so I get soft whiffs of the scent during the day instead of a cloud surrounding me.

Got a decant of this....

The perfume oil didn't work for me, but I have noticed that some of the hair glosses in the same scents tend to work.

In bottle... yep, smells like cake and a little bit of tea.

In damp hair: Still get a bit of cake but something almost floral? Interesting since there doesn't seem to be any floral notes listed.

After a few minutes the currants show up, but all in all, for me, this is just ok. Not a lot of scent. Kind of pale and not a floral fan. But hey, always fun to try! :)

This is a favourite perfume oil for me so I was excited to get the hair gloss after wandcapping the oil through my hair.

HOLY STAYING POWER! Four days after spraying it, my hair still smelled like it! It was something I wasn't reaching for too much, so I wound up selling it.

I wish that I could get more of this. I find Eat Me HG to be really strong, like most of the hair glosses, and it smells (of course) like Eat Me. Thick, sticky, jam-like, dark berries and vanilla cake with a little sour red fruitiness from the red currant (that keeps the other notes from being intensely cloying). Really sweet, but it smells like a birthday party and I think that this is really fun and amazing ^_^ I love Eat Me in spray form.

Edited by Little Bird

To me, the hair gloss smells SPOT ON to the perfume. 

Cake? Vanilla? Currants? All boxes here are checked!

As a word of warning, I would say less is more with this one; she has some SERIOUS throw, and staying power! If you’re like me and only wash your hair about twice a week, you’ll be able to smell this in your hair still the next day. Plan accordingly. ;) 

This is so lovely. I get a little more cake in this than in my Eat Me imp (which is heavy on the currant), but I digress. This is delicious rich vanilla, fluffy cake, and tart currants, and it makes my hair smooth and shiny. I wish this was a GC hair gloss.