Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

If Only One Knew the Right Way to Change Them

A scent that is porcine pink and blood red, with dry woods.

So to me, this is THE sleeper hit of the Century Guilds. It was giving me preconceived palpitations, since I imagined it would be just as unpleasant as Gore-Shock.

SURPRISE SURPRISE!

This one smells like strawberries and cherries. Very sweet candy. It dries down to strawberry shortcake. On me the drydown toggles between sweet strawberry candy, strawberry shortcake, and the smell of strawberry shortcake dolls.

Overall too sweet for me, but even I considered a bottle of this one.

All you strawberry and sweet candy lovers, RUN, DO NOT WALK, and score yourself a couple of bottles. I am serious. This would probably would have already sold out if it was stated as strawberry/cherry candy in the description.

I bought this expecting incredible dark twisted strangeness, but the strangest thing about it was how completely my expectations were dashed.

this is a big pink translucent candy. flavored strawberry and melon. no blood. no woods. no bacon. just sweet pure bright fruity berry candy. a very clean and luminous scent. I tried it once out of the mail and again a few weeks later, and this impression has held over time. no morphing, no changing in the bottle or on the skin.

if you like pink and you like sweet and you like candy, this is your scent! brighter and lighter than rosy maple.

This is so sweetly pink and pretty. It seems like there's some kind of girly pink musk in here, along with some candy blend and a bit of fruit. At some point I feel like I'm smelling pink apples too. It's slightly tart in the beginning, though it's not a natural tartness, like in fresh fruit. It's more of a brightened hard candy tartness. As it dries it continues to be sweet, not obnoxiously so, and it doesn't feel like a sugar overload. I can't tell exactly what kind of candy fruit it smells like, but maybe watermelon, apple, and strawberry.

This is such a great scent, and totally unexpected given the vague description. It's fun and bright and amazing if you like candy blends.

Hollywood Babylon minus the musks. Holy crap this is beautiful! Cherry/Strawberry yum...and dark, almost chewy but not musky.

Fruity, of the plum variety, with woods, as described. This smells a LOT like Dionysia, from Carnival Diabolique, to me anyways. This one is a bit tarter, which is a good thing. Nice to try, but I don't even like Dionysia anymore, so this one is off to swaps.

Edited by milo

Not a candy/foody blend to me at all. In the bottle it's much sweeter, but wet on the skin it's dried pink flowers and the dreaded bpal rose note on me. If you're a rose lover, you may want to try this as that's almost all I get once it's settled onto the skin.

In the bottle - Sweeter than expected with a little powderiness to it. Hopefully it's the same kind of powdered cherry from Bloody Mary.

Wet - Citrusy sweet floral. I understand the Rosy Maple comparisons, but this is far less sweet thanks to the dry woods note and whatever powder is sprinkled into the blend.

Drydown - This remains powdery, musky citrus candy on me. Perhaps it’s a little more fruity now than it was on application, though there is still more citrus-powder than anything else. Maybe rose is in this blend? Roses fit into the scent description of "porcine pink and blood red," plus that would explain all the mustiness. My skin hates rose.

Verdict - This could be beautiful on the right person, but it's going in my swap pile.