Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The perfect vanilla mint.

Lovely, lovely frostly vanilla mint!

Slightly sweet and the drydown is rounded, creamy and soft.

I'm so happy to have this.

Now, I wish I'd participated in the Naughty and Nice Inquisition.

Oh for a whole bottle of this!
Sigh... :P

I was so excited when I heard about this scent. I love vanilla and I love mint so I thought it would be perfect. The first sniff in the vial had me swooning in delight. I could smell the mint and the vanilla although they seemed very distinct, almost like I was smelling two scents at once. I put it on really quickly and was just as delighted. After about 10 minutes though the vanilla turned to a buttery scent and then adding in the mint made it seem like one of those after dinner mints. Unfortunately butter and I do not get along and soon I wished that they had stayed separate. It is a lovely fragrance and it smelled delightful on my friend without ever turning bad. Lucky girl....

Finally got an imp of this in a swap and it's everything it's hyped up to be. Foody scents can sometimes make me nauseous, so the butter phase of Snowblind is a trial, but luckily it only lasts for the first five minutes or so. Then it dries into vanilla sugar frosting that lasts & lasts and makes me happy all day. My quest for a bottle continues!

On me, this is mostly vanilla, with the merest hint of peppermint - it really smells like the photonegative of Lick It. Nice, but luckily for me, not a blend I can't live without.

In the bottle, this was a buttery vanilla with just a little mint. Once on, my skin ate up all the vanilla like it always does, and I was left with a dusty mint scent that made nearby loved ones frown. It was swapped post-haste.

If your skin eats up vanilla like mine does, don't worry about this one. Lick It worked much better for me.

Usually mints don't work on me but I really wanted to try this because I *knew* for some reason it would work...

In the bottle and wet on my skin, I get a very strong peppermint with a subtle hint of vanilla. This is the first time a mint stayed true on my skin. Beautiful.

As Snowblind dries down, the vanilla starts to wax as the peppermint wanes. Still beautiful!

Completely dried down, the vanilla has taken on a more prominent place in this oil and peppermint is the perfect support. What I am left with is "The perfect vanilla mint" !!

Conclusion? I am so grateful to be able to own this scent! It is so beautiful. I think that this could be worn as easily in the summer as it could be in the winter. Good throw and long wear. Excellent!

First sniff: Peppermint vanilla gorgeous wonderfulness.

Wearing: This slowly morphs from Scintillating to Decadence as it dries and the mint wears off. It really does smell like Brooke’s soaps, right down to the faintly-boozey-ness of the vanilla.

Snowblind - Ooooh! I normally despise mint scents, but this one – oh wow. It’s absolutely spectacular! This is the perfect blend of vanilla and mint, and it makes me think of McDonalds’ Shamrock shakes. The mint is strong and it’s very true, it smells just like the mint extract I buy at the supermarket when I do my holiday baking. Unfortunately, after about 45-60 minutes on my skin, I start to notice a strong play-doh smell, like I get with many sweet, foody scents. This isn’t going to work for me. I’m glad I didn’t splurge for a bottle, but I’m really sad it doesn’t work because it’s such a happy, festive scent. And wow does it smell good until it turns all play-doh on my skin.

thanks to a kind forumite (thank you, thank you) I got to try a bit of snowblind today, in the midst of a heat wave...

I see now that "vanilla" was the blend most smelled with the peppermint, but for me it was sheer chocolate mint in a silver wrapper, and very yummy (my favorite childhood candy!). The fun lasted a bit, then wafted into a cool sweet vanilla.

It was extremely pleasant. Yeah, bring on the heat. I'm snowblind, I don't care!

From the vial, this smells of a very yummy peppermint cream lolly-like smell, pure and sweet. On my skin, this is a lovely sugary peppermint that is warm, rather than the coldness of the usual aromatherapy peppermint essential oil - it's peppermint with the vanilla sweetness to temper the sharp mint scent, and it's a touch warm rather than cold. After a few hours, this is still a gorgeous - if softer - sweet, warm, delicious peppermint lolly scent, and so much better for me to wear than Lick It or Spooky where the coconut seems to give a 'stale' scent. Yum!

In the imp: peppermint, sweet sweet peppermint over vanilla, warmer and less vividly sweet than Lick It, but very delicious.

On me, wet: creamy vanilla mint, less candy-cane than buttermint. Ooohh so good.

On me, dry: Oh god the loveliness. I may weep. Something about peppermint makes me so deliriously happy, and even more so in combination with soft buttery creamy vanillas. This is less sugary and more creamy than Lick It, and at extreme drydown it goes a little bit plasticky. Hm.

Verdict: I don't have much of this, but it's joining my imp of Lick It and my imps of Spooky in a special 'oh the peppermint guh' section of my BPAL box. I think on the whole I prefer Lick It and Spooky since they don't have that plastic tinge, but mwah the peppermint makes me happy anyway.

Edited by storme

Snowblind-

In Bottle: Oh my god, vanilla and mint, they weren't kidding! I love this.

Wet: This is minty like tea tree oil (which is often too strong for me), but the vanilla tempers it. I want to see what happens to this!

Dry: How much I love this! The intense mintiness recedes just a little so that it isn't eye-burningly tea-tree oil, but just pepperminty, and the vanilla stays with it, mellow and yummy. A delicious scent!

Overall: I love.

In the bottle: I get a strong peppermint with a subtle hint of vanilla.

On my skin: This is the first time a mint stayed true on my skin and hasn't eaten up any other notes right out of the gates.

Drydown: As Snowblind dries down, the vanilla starts to come further to the surface and the minty goodness backs off and stays this way for hours.

So beautiful! :P

I only have a lil sniffie of this, but it smells so yum! Toothpicks are useful to get to the bottom of the imp... (:

In the imp, it's all buttery mint, I'm kind of reminded of butter menthols.

On skin, it's kind of like I melted those butter menthols down into liquid form, and let me dribble it on my skin.

Once dry, the vanilla makes its way out a lot more. Luckily there isn't any melted plastic kind of thing happening from the butteriness I had at the beginning.

This was well before my time, meanwhile I'll cherish the little bit I have for the moment, because there's no way I'll be able to get my hands on more!

Snowblind is prettymuch as described. I like it enough to keep, but fortunately it's not something I'll die without.

In the bottle, Snowblind is prettymuch 50-50 mint and vanilla. As it touches my skin, it becomes a rounded, creamy vanilla with just a touch of mint -- drying down, the peppermint mostly wafts off, leaving a cool, creamy and delicious vanilla with a hint of buttermint. It's very lovely, and as vanillas go quite tolerable (normally straight-up vanilla and I have Problems). It will live happily beside my dwindling bottles of Lick It Again and Green Tree Viper, and when it is gone there will be no need for more.

--

An aside: I feel so ostentatious wearing this -- like a woman wearing big diamonds out to the grocery store. I put it on when I really feel like treating myself... then go splurge on something huge and creamy. :P

an after-dinner mint, buttery and mild. the peppermint and vanilla balance each other perfectly. the sharp mint gives some “oomph” to the soft vanilla, which in turn mellows out the mint. i love it, and it loves my skin chemistry. this is a perfect “winter-but-not-christmas” scent.

Ohh, I'm not sure about this one...I wanted to love it so much, but the vanilla goes on really buttery and turns plasticky. The mint, however, is glorious.

And after it dries down and is almost faded, I catch whiffs of the most beautiful bakery-foody scent: yeasty, fluufy, creamy, smooth and just a little buttery (I've run out of adjectives :P )

I think I'm going to keep the imp, but a bottle really isn't high on my priority list right now.

MMMMMmmmmm. I traded my Agony: Passion for a bottle of Snowblind, as the clove in Passion overwhelmed all of the other notes. :) I'm so glad that I did! This is Yet Another Freaking Amazing mint scent!

I :D mint & I :D vanilla, so... no-brainer! But this has another, buttery note in it that is so pretty on me - the buttery yellow cake note that's in so many other of Beth's divine dessert scents. After the mint dries down and fades, the cake and vanilla linger on, making me swoon. The throw is very close to the skin, which suits me just fine after once having spilled an entire 5ml bottle of Lick It on my jeans right before I had to run to the market for last-minute birthday party items. :P I will never forget how embarrassing it was to have people staring at me with various expressions of disbelief and dislike...

Snowblind lives up to the hype. It is gorgeous. *sigh* I'm really glad I have a bottle!

In vial: Yep, vanilla and mint! But also creamy melted butter.

Wet: buttery mints. Wow. There's a buttery scent there, warm, like baking white cake.

Drydown: Oh this IS the perfect vanilla mint, liberally slathered over white cake. Love! Not something I need tons of, but I'm glad to have gotten my hands on an imp!

Later: The mint is almost completely gone, and I'm left with the smell of baking white cake. Lovely, but not a scent I'll wear often. Must find something good to swap for this!

Edited by phedre

Snowblind is my #1 and I've paid dearly for this obsession!

When I wear it, I sniff myself oh so many times! This is partly because the throw is not strong (perfect to wear in an office so you are uplifted but no one complains about your scent) and partly because it has this way of morphing into different scents at different stages. While the throw is not strong, the wear is long, on me. And whenever I re-sniff I think, truly..."the PERFECT vanilla mint."

I'm not a mint fan, but the mixture of this gentle mint with vanilla is like heaven, truly heaven.

Wet and in bottle, sweet light vanilla and mint. The mint quickly fades into the background on application.

Dry: creamy, sweet, milky, fresh, pure, gentle, a whiff of vanilla frosting or baked goods here, a whiff of the palest mint there and, sometimes, it's even a GREEN scent. Yes, fresh green, creamy, sweet and perfect! Truly amazing on me!

Please please pretty please bring this back!

Oh, Snowblind is wonderful, minty love. :P I got a sniffie, and now I desperately wish I could have more. On me it's like a lovely, minty Beaver Moon-ish scent, and I can only hope that Tokyo Stomp will be at least somewhat similar. *crosses fingers*

I got a sniffie of this, and was ecstatic once I read the description, as I love mint and vanilla, and hadn't had luck so far with the mint note... I guess fortunately (for my wallet, anyway) this was ok on me, but not great... The mint was a little sharper than i thought it would be given the vanilla, and reminded me of candy cane mint with a shot of vanilla. Very nice, but not quite what I was hoping for...