Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The perfect vanilla mint.

In the imp, this seems a bit more foody vanilla than Tokyo Stomp, like there is a bit of cake thrown in with the vanilla mint. On, this is pretty much Monsterbait Tokyo Stomp, maybe a bit more vanilla-y, and the mint may be a tad different, though I can't find my TS to compare. It does seem to fade pretty fast on me, however, though I still like this blend. I'll enjoy this in the summer for sure!

eta: I found my TS, and while they are similar I would say that the vanilla and mint are two different versions. Kind of like fraternal twins if that makes any sense. TS is the more adventurous minty, and SB is the laid back foodier blend. Love them both!! Edited by Shollin

resurrected version...

straight sniff from bottle is all buttery and minty...mmm

once applied ... sweet vanilla and minty butter...

after 30 or so minutes i am left with plasticky/play-dough...

but wait!!

after 5 hours of wear i keep getting this insanely delicious subtle hint of

warm vanilla mint...mostly vanilla but it is soooooo beautiful...

all i have to do is get past that inital first hour or so and this is crazy lovely...

so glad i have a bottle :P

Snowblind is a thick, delicious and yummy vanilla. It reminds me of really quality vanilla extract, in that it's not overly sugar sweet, but has that wonderful bouquet of tasty vanilla. The mint on me is very, very light and that fades soon after application.

Strangely, I am enjoying layering this with Putrefaction v. 5.0.

This is for the 08 edition.

In the bottle: A lot of mint, perhaps like a winter mint, and a touch of vanilla as a base to give it a little sweetness and not be quite so tart.

Wet: Still very minty.

The dry-down: The vanilla finally comes out and combines with the mint to echo the smell of those wonderful after-dinner butter mints. :) This is just totally delicious, and my nose could be stuck to my wrist the rest of the day. But what elevates this scent above that of the yummy candies is that there's a sparkle to it, that the freshness of the mint is preserved, and is not drowned by the vanilla, the way it is in the butter mint candies. It isn't foodie, but somewhat candy-like. At the same time, the vanilla tames the mint somewhat, and so the mint doesn't run away with the scent. A lovely balancing act. And seems to be long-lasting as well.

If you like the mint in this, you could try Death of a Gravedigger, Garden Path with Chickens, or Cloister Graveyard in the Snow.

This smells exactly like Murray Mints, I don't know if you get them in America but..it's exact! It's almost like a honeyed cream mint that's making me want to lick my arm. The vanilla is..hard to describe. It's like a rich, aged vanilla with honey and a soft mint. It's not like peppermint.

This is yummy, and now??? My flatmate has lost my imp! Sad times!

This really is the perfect vanilla mint. It does have a buttery quality to it, which make me feel that the vanilla is a more foody vanilla than is in some blends. The mint blooms once it hits my skin, but in no way overpowers the vanilla. My one sad, is that I wished it stayed longer on my skin.

Resurrected version: Creamy vanilla mint. Vanilla + mint. This is very simple. It's slightly buttery, but not to the point where it's overpowering. It smells like a butter mint.

Hard to rate this too low because it smells so darn good, but it's just not a smell i want to wear as perfume.

This is creamy mint chocolate chip ice cream. it's not crappy quality mints. This is the good stuff. Very fresh, light, creamy. Not too strong on the mint that it makes you cringe a little. I seriously just want to eat it!

I only had a tester so maybe someday I'll get an imp and wear it for a day. It's just not a scent I would normaly do that for, so that gives this one bonus points.

This is the 2008 Inquisition version. It's a rich buttercream vanilla with a hint of sweet mint. This is much more vanilla than mint for me, and pretty different than Tokyo Stomp, which dries down to something much more akin to a girl-scout cookie. Snowblind is more like a gorgeous buttercream frosting swirled with creme de menthe.

My Witch was sweet and sent me an imp of this in my birthday package - can I just tell you how much I love this!!! It is wonderful and I love love love it. I don't know if it's the 05 or 08, but it's all good. Excuse me while I go huff my wrist again :wub2: Just a beautiful vanilla mint with a hint of butter, yum.

ETA: Then it amped and amped and amped until my husband could smell vanilla sugar cookies in the other end of the house - sigh...

Edited by Truelove

I was really lucky to get a bottle of this finally, and I am in love with it! In the bottle and while wet it is pretty darn minty, which is ok, but I was really hoping for more vanilla. But on the drydown...it really amps up the vanillaness. It is such a soft, warm vanilla...I felt like I had a natural vanilla glow around me all day. Nothing too strong that screamed I was wearing perfume...just a light subtle scent, with a throw you could probably only smell if you were standing right next to me. Really, really love this.

To me, Tokyo Stomp is much mintier, and fades faster. Snowblind gently fades as the day wears on. Lasted about 6 hours on me. :)

In bottle: whoa, vanilla and mint! Heady, absolutely nomnommy. It's caramel and butterscotch with a hint of bright yummy mint. Maybe I should try to find caramel or butterscotch mints to join my chocolate mint stash in my fridge--this is absolutely fabulous.

Wet on skin: it stays true to the bottle smell, with more minty goodness. Sweet candy-mint, yummy caramel. Absolutely loving this one.

Dry: it's toned down to a softer vanilla and mint blend, not the high caramelly sweetness wet and in the bottle. Still foody, but not overwhelmingly so. Not too sweet, not too strong, and not too minty. A little bit later, the vanilla becomes a bit grainier to my nose for no apparent reason--but it still smooths out nicely. I can't stop sniffing my wrist, and I realize what I'm smelling: vanilla ice cream! (After which, I have three exclamation points, and "LOVE", and ♥ in my notebook.)

Verdict: I was absolutely lucky to get a bottle of this. Absurdly lucky! It was a bit of a gamble--I love vanilla, and I love mint, but don't really know how they'd work together. I'm so happy to have gotten it and how wonderful it smells! Throw and longevity is good--one of the best foody scents ever. Definite keeper!

In the Vial: Vanilla and mint! And in a fairly equal ratio. However, the vanilla isn't your standard vanilla - there's something milky about it, and it's very foody, like sugar cookies or something.

Wet: The mint really comes out on my skin, almost completely taking over the vanilla at first, but easing off after a minute or so. The vanilla is warm and toasty enough to keep the mint from being really cold, and because of that, this smells a lot like how Tombstone does on me.

Dry: They're on even ground again now, but the vanilla still has that strange milky, plasticky thing going on. I'm not liking that.

An Hour Later: All plasticky vanilla, no mint. Wah!

Overall: Snowblind has been one of my grail blends for awhile, since I love vanilla and mint together, and I was so excited to finally try it. Unfortunately, this particular vanilla just doesn't seem to work with me. I am a very sad panda right now. (I should add: after about another hour, the vanilla loses the plasticky feel and is much, much nicer. But there's still no mint at that point, so it's still a fail.)

This pretty much smelled EXACTLY as I hoped it would smell. slightly buttery vanilla and cool mint! (mint, like a candy cane).

I had this total moment of "I've smelled this before" when I put it on...it drive me crazy! And then I realized, it smells exactly like one of the Christmas Sugar scrubs I made in my shop at Christmas time! Peppermint Frosting! Though mine was a blend of vanilla Buttercream and Candy canes...so Yes, the scent was almost identical! I was happy to make this connection, because now I don't have to scour Ebay trying to win the elusive bottle!

This is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful and though it hardly matters, I adore the label art too. Looks sweet next to my bottle of Gluhwein :)

As for the blend... cool and sweet and buttery in just the right way.

ITB: Creamy, warm, decadent vanilla buttercream is the first note that jumps out at me as soon as I open the bottle. I can't quite get the mint, but since I've tested it before, I know it's there.

Wet: I smell glorious! The vanilla is not overtly sweet, but still enticing, fluffy (for some reason), and warm. When paired with the cool mint, it makes a combination that is simply irresistible. I want to douse myself in it.

Dry: 14 hours later, it's very faint, but I can still pick up the gorgeous blend of these two notes.

I was lucky enough to get the 2008 version of this in a swap recently! I love the atmo spray so much that I knew I was going to need to try the oil when I found out it existed!

I LOVE it. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It's strong on me - a little bit goes a VERY long way. It's a mix between creamy, almost too-sweet vanilla cake and the perfect candy-cane mint. THIS is what I always want the 'Lick It' series to be, but those never seem to end up working on me.

It's funny, because while it's very strong as I go about my day and catch whiffs of it, if I go and sniff my wrist I actually don't get that much of it.

This is easily one of my top favorites already, and probably one I'll try to snag more of if I see it again!

Soft minty and vanilla. Very soft. The mint is very subdued even wet. It almost smells like many of the others do after they've been on the skin for 6 plus hours. Like a skin scent, vanilla mint. This has been described as how those buttermint candies smell by some. I would agree. Even though I dont get any butter.. its like a light Powdered sugar with just a touch of vanilla. What I smell like the day after Christmas wearing Lick It, where all the peppermint is pretty much gone.

Im not sure what type of mint is used in this but I dont think its peppermint. More of your generic "mint" thats kind of a combo of all mint. Or how the mint in chocolate chip mint icecream smells like.

This is a very dainty mint vanilla.

I was able to snag a 2008 bottle off Etsy, even though I told myself "you have so much vanilla mint already!" But ahhh, this is all about the vanilla to me. It's a rich, dark, aged, bakery type vanilla, with maybe a hint of cake or coconut? There is mint, just adding a bit of cold freshness, but it doesn't take over. It smells like it should be edible <insert disclaimers about not tasting perfume here>.