Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Revisiting Scenes of Past Delight

The pure and luminous joy of dawning love: white melon, oakmoss, bergamot, apple blossom, Italian mandarin, Florentine iris, nutmeg, and white musk.

I'd love to write a long, thoughtful review that properly reflects how much I flove this scent, but it smells like melon Hi-Chews, kind of. Of course, it's more balanced and smells like FANCY Hi-Chews, but that gives you the basic idea. This is so damn pretty, and if you like fruit in scents at all, you have to try this.

Initial Thoughts: White musk is doable. I like iris and apple blossom. We’ll see what the fruits do.

In the vial: Very sweet and fruity but with a cool edge that evokes the dawn rather than a foody scent.

Wet: Orange. Lots and lots of orange. I can barely detect anything else.

Drydown: The musk amps as musk does on me, but not overwhelmingly. The other notes are a vague jumble of floral and fruit with a thread of the nutmeg. The whole thing has warmed up compared to in the vial.

Verdict: There’s nothing in here that’s bad on my skin, but not a scent that grabs me.

Fruity, musky, melon. This one sort of reminds me to La Fee Verte, I think, which was the most honeydew melon blend they put out there.

If you love melon, try this. That's pretty much all I got.

• ITI: It's sweet from the apple blossom, while being deliciously refreshing from the heavy melon note.

Wet: I actually get happy when I apply the perfume. It reminds me of something familiar that I can't seem to place. It's a lovely musky white melon flesh note with a touch of the fizz from mandarin and the subtle softness from apple blossom.

Dry: It fades pretty quickly, but what is left is still pleasant and evocative, like a warm spring day amongst the flowering apple trees and beds of early flowers, but suffused with a sweet muskiness and a touch of spice from the melon, oakmoss, faint nutmeg and bergamot. I really like this scent and I'm more than a little upset that I just picked up an imp of it.

Anything with melon in it is nauseating to me. This one, unfortunately is melon dominant, and although there are other notes, this one screams at me. Yuck.

Hmmm... intriguing.  The melon's up front an center at first, but it softens considerably.  I think it's the oakmoss lending the fragrance a creamy/powdery texture, and I get a wee hint of apple.  It reminds me a bit of Titania and has a soft, luminous quality.  Not something I'd wear much, but Interesting for sure, and always fun to try something with melon.  :smile: 

This is not a scent I would have picked up for myself, so I'm pleasantly surprised at how nice it is. Fresh, sweet melon, with mandarin peeking out just after application. Drying down it is absolutely giving platonic ideal of melon hi-chew, as mentioned at the top of the thread, but somehow soft and luminous is also spot on (thank you white musk). I'm not picking up on any nutmeg, or anything cologne-y or even really floral? It's just the best melon candy you ever had, levitating in a halo of light with a choral sound effect.