Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

When Life Shone Warm in Thine Eye

Flushed with ardor, and vibrant with passion: rose-infused honey, radiant amber, pale myrrh, and golden jasmine enfolded in warm cardamom.

Rosy honey and jasmine. This is a very warm, very sexy jasmine/rose honey blend.

For me, rose, honey, and jasmine are very dominant notes. So I remember this one having a huge throw.

In the imp: Jasmine, myrrh, and the faintest trace of honey. No rose at all, and weirdly, no traces of cardamom at all (that one I can always pick out, even in tiny quantites, on account of how much chai I drink)

Wet: As ever, the rose notes amp after literally two seconds. There's an undertone of jasmine and amber, but 90% of this is dewy pink roses.

Dry: I'm wearing long sleeves today, so I did what I never do with rose blends - applied double. This could have been a disaster. Happily, it wasn't. The rose does continue to dominate, but unlike so many rose blends I've tried in the past, it never turns powdery or into potpourri. On me, it amps to extreme degrees after exercise - I went jogging after I finished teaching for the day, and it was like running through a rose garden at the height of summer.

Throw is medium-strong; life 7hrs+ (I'd assume it would have hung around longer, but the post-jogging shower put an end to it.). I really do like this, and am very surprised by that fact. But I don't think I like it enough to want to track down more, and I'd have loved something that didn't turn into almost pure rose. It's a shame the cardamom never came out to play.

Stars: ★★★½

Sweet honey, a bit of a foody floral with something resiny thrown in. Reminds me a lot of spider silk bath oil.

Honeyed rose and jasmine. No cardamom. If it was just the floral notes, I'd say it's nothing special, but the golden warmth of honey elevates it. Really reminine and sexy, would wear on a date night. Similar to Jezebel or The Expiration.

This sounded so lovely, but on my skin honey and jasmine are trampling everything in kind of a sour way. These notes often don’t work on me, but I keep trying ☹️

So, we received a bottle of this as a freebie with our group lupercalia order this year. From the description, I thought it would totally be my jam. Honey and jasmine? Heck yeah, sign me up. Unfortunately, on my skin, it smells like hydrocortisone and cream cheese. No, I don't understand either. Definitely not for me, regardless.