Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
tziporra

Lady Cecily Sasquets, The Ingenue

Rose-washed fur and a spray of bleeding hearts, China asters, and peony.

First off, as a native northwesterner, I just want to say that I ADORE the concept of these blends. I completely believe in the existence of Sasquatch, and gothic Victorian Sasquatch just makes me laugh and laugh. The art is especially wonderful!

However, when I got to the lab booth at ECCC none of the scents really grabbed me in the bottle. I guess I'm not really much for the furry smells? But I felt like I should snag one of them, anyway, and so I ended up with Lady Cecily. It smells vaguely like flowers in the bottle and so fine. Maybe it will work out (at this point I've skin tested 17 or so scents and so testing it at the booth is kind of out).

First off I get sooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuur rose and it's a bit terrifying. Like the taste of unsweetened rose hip tea. THAT SOUR. But that burns off pretty quick and indeed, this is a furry, powdery floral. On my skin, peony is the most prominent, lending a Victorian air. It really does remind me of some great scented shaggy St. Bernard named Princess or Petunia or the like. Wonderfully evocative, and not a bad scent either.

It's extremely light on me, and since I'm on the fence about keeping it I don't know if I'm willing to slather to get better throw.

Best,

Tzi

That slightly sour, furry musk that I love so much.. it's in Coyote, Ivanushka, Faunalia, etc etc No one floral note really stands out to me (I was worried either rose or peony would take over), but instead they just meld together to give a sweet, fresh, pinkish feel-- not high pitched or heady, but not green either.. just lovely and soft. The rose might actually be similar to the "sugared rose" in Plovers Above the Waves from the recent Lupers.. I think they're actually quite similar besides the fur note here.. this is like Plovers Above the Sasquatch :lol:

Soft, feminine, with pretty decent throw. I really like it :D

Edited by MCS4096

I amp rose in most scents, so I was leary of this. I am so glad that I took the chance anyway. This is lovely.

It opens up with a black of spicy, lemony black musk. (Think Playful Wooden Mallets or Black Temple Burlesque) The flowers are a whisper in the background, there is a hint of soapiness in one of them at this point and I am nervous.

As the musk settles into my skin it becomes warm and cuddly. I don't really smell rose per say, but there is definitely flower dust clinging to this fur. Like rolling around in dried flowers. It's soft and definitely plays second fiddle to the wonderful fur/musk notes. The soapiness is completely gone.

I'm not doing the best describing this, but I love it.

Edited by SadariEvenstar

Oh, so pretty - the same soft musky fur note from Ivanushka, with a light brush of flowers. This is soft but has good presence and staying power. I wore it with Silkybat hair gloss today and I have to say...I smelled great.

I love this and I am so happy I found a bottle. :wub2:

Another Pacific Northwest native (at least three generations on my mom's side, maybe even four or five) over here! Although my dad wasn't born here, he was a timber cutter -- yeah, destroying the forest, and that made for some really ugly family dinners, lemmetellya -- for thirty years until his retirement, his brothers were timber cutters (I think one of them still is), and their dad was one even after he lost part of a leg in an on-the-job accident, so they're naturalized PNWers to me.

Anyway! Yes! I fully believe in Sasquatch. Our forests are huge and weird. I cannot believe that we have discovered every species out there, and I cannot believe that there isn't an undiscovered humanoid out there. I don't believe in *a* Sasquatch. I believe in an entire *tribe* of them because, well, a baby Squatch has to come from *somewhere*, and that somewhere is a mommy and a daddy Squatch. And my family's background made me instantly *know* I had to have every single oil and atmos in this release, and Lady Cecily was the one I had the least hope for because all of those florals made me very, *very* wary. As it turned out, however, the boldest note is lemony black musk, but that's one of my favorite notes, so this makes me very happy! I was afraid this was going to be all screeching florals (for some reason, it didn't occur to me that fur = musk or that it would dominate), and that would be a VERY BAD THING, so I'm delighted that the musk has tamped the florals down on me. The florals are there, but way down in the background, and they're more like dried petals that have been ground up rather than loud bright *pain* of fresh florals. Black musk is very much a winning note for me, although it's also a very heavy note, so I will have to be careful about when I wear it because heavy notes can cause The Quease if I time and dose things wrong.

Conclusion: I have a feeling that this is going to be a very sought-after scent as it ages. I'm very glad I picked this one up even if it's not something I will be able to wear every day!

ITB: I get peony, rose, and a faint musky fur, like a clean cat sitting in the afternoon sunlight.

Wet: It's warm and floral, like a sun-drenched greenhouse filled with asters and roses, surrounded my a touch of furry musk. Oh, this is nice!

Dry: It fades to almost nothing save for a brief hint of aster and rose. It's still very lovely.

Lady Cecily is a rosy, peony heavy floral. Slightly musky on the drydown, but I get no fur, which I have to admit isn't a note that I'm fond off.

Pretty, rugged, floral.

I'm getting a soft floral, it actually smells like violets rather than rose, and a lovely fuzzy brown musk. Stays pretty true, still no rose, reminds me a lot of The Governess, a watery violet, but this one has musk in it. I like this one, it's rather cozy and cuddly, but with a refined, polished edge to it. I'll enjoy the rest of my half imp, but it is very similar to The Governess and Faith to warrant any more.

this is absolutely one of my favorite floral-focused perfumes, from bpal and from all other brands. I love the fur musk used by the lab, and it's gorgeously present here. the lab's peony note really shines in this blend. the rose and other flowers are supporting blooms, adding complexity. (the rose is much much softer here than in the Bear prince, where it stomps out any chance of smelling the musk.) the scent dries down to an almost equal balance of feminine florals and soft musk.

wearing this scent means my mood and heart are lighter and I've got a spring in my step. there's just something incredibly happy-making about this magic potion. the throw is perfect and it lasts all day (at least through a ten-hour work shift plus commute). :heart:

Edited by annemathematics

Forum purchase. Fantastic! Lady Cecily's musky fur is very similar to the musk in Reapers Gonna Reap. Strong florals blend beautifully with the musk. Strong throw at first. I may have to look for another bottle.

i first read this description and read “fur” and was instantly turned off, but after trying the fool’s dog with fuzzy brown musk and finding that very pleasant, the blend of florals in this became too intriguing to pass up. in the bottle this smells sweet and indeed “brownish”, kind of like flat cola. first applied it smells the same. this reminds me of little flora, which starts off murky and then becomes this amazingly beautiful delicate scent. this does the same thing, but it does seem to morph a little faster, perhaps because there’s more florals in this. i can’t really pick them out. they are blended perfectly. definitely no rose peeking out. slight powderiness comes out in the drydown but not like baby powder, and no soapiness. this is imo very worthy of the moniker of “victorian”. i feel like a victorian lady headed to a midnight ball.