Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Bambi Bloodlust

What smells like Orofluido Hair Oil?

I absolutely LOVE the scent of OROFLUIDO - Beauty Elixir. Has anyone else ever used this product? I would love to find a BPAL oil that smells like this!

The scent description they give is pretty vague... "Its delicious amber fragrance with a vanilla foundation will transport you into a fascinating world of oriental perfume."

Any ideas? :think:

On the Ulta website where it lists the ingredients, it just lists as "fragrance" so it'd be hard to pinpoint an exact replica. However, here's a list of amber/vanilla BPALs:

If you don't mind sweet pea and sandalwood:

Mouse's Long and Sad Tale: Vanilla, two ambers, sweet pea and white sandalwood.

If you haven't already tried it:

O: Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla.

If peach blossom and heliotrope doesn't deter you:

Tamora: Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean.

Since the hair oil refers to oriental perfume, here's one thats heavier with musk:

Prurience: red amber and scorched musk with voluptuous carnation, charred vetiver, sensuous tonka, and orris.<- Tonka provides some creaminess.

A tad sugary:

Good: Shimmering celestial musk with vanilla, white honey, acacia, and sugar cane.

Darker vanilla with Orange blossom:

Hunger: Black narcissus, orange blossoms, and vanilla.

I really love Mouses Long and Sad Tale and O :heart: but they are both really different than the smell of this hair oil. I will add the others you mentioned to my 'to sniff' list! Thanks! :D I'm still pretty new to perfume oils so I apologize for not being able to offer a better description!

I wonder what the "oriental" notes are. Is it floral, fruity, musky? You might want to give Okayaki a shot. It's a warm and powdery scent with a vanilla/amber musk vibe. Some of the recent Shungas might work as well - Blooming Flowers of Spring (which has honey and amber) or Reflected Vulva (guessing that maybe Asian = cherry blossom while the cream will provide a vanilla-ish base).

Hmm I wouldn't say floral or fruity. Musky if anything. It's pretty simplistic smelling! It is a bit dusty dry and just BARELY sweet.

I would stick with Okayaki then. It may be sweeter than Orofluido, but it's a dusty/powdery blend that's quite delicate and pretty.

Here's some more possibilities I found.

Titus Andronicus: Dark musk and black amber with frankincense, red sandalwood, neroli and bergamot.

Dorian: three pale musks and dark, sugared vanilla tea.

Lyonesse: Golden vanilla and gilded musk, stargazer lily, white sandalwood, grey amber, elemi, orris root, ambergris and sea moss.

So is the amber prominent or does it just add warmth? Is it just a dry vanilla?

Edited by Amber Tears

Hi :)

I use this almost every day for over a year now ;)

It is a lot of amber and vanilla but I do not find any BPAL the same ... Sorry :P

Mouse is the closest one I guess

So an odd discovery...

Perversion (although it smells NOTHING like it wet) after it's been on the skin for at least 4 hours it seems actually kind of similar to Orofluido. I need to side by side compare when I get home from work!

Of the above recommended scents, I would second Dorian. It's not an exact copy by any means, though I can tell you for a fact that they match well enough and really complement each other!

Sign in to follow this