Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ajcj213499

Long lasting "light" scents

In the colder months of the year I love heavier scents, anything patchouli or red or black musk. Thankfully, scents like that have a good, long wear length on me.

As spring approaches (or at least the thought of spring), I like to wear lighter scents (it's actually one of the few times of the year that florals are anything but anathema lol). The only trouble is, those lighter, springier scents are so fleeting on me. Does anyone have any recs for lighter scents that they've found to have a longer wearlength? Dorian is the only one I've found that lasts a fair among of time on me, though even though it's light, for some reason I associate it with fall.

Some of my favorite "lighter" scents are Gennivre, L'Artiste du Diable, The Oblation, Carnivale Diabolique, and Lady Una.

Any ideas?

Thalia is one of my favourite light scents, and it tends to last for ages (on me, at least!) It's "Plumeria, pear and white champagne" and while I don't tend to like boozy scents, and pear turns awful on me, this combination somehow works beautifully. It's light and sparkly and has the lightest hint of fruit - it reminds me of butterflies flitting from flower to flower in the bright sunshine.

Some LE's immediately came to my mind firstly: The Grand Basin since it's light but lasts all day and then some also Berenice and maybe Lady Death: Savage. Bette Noir is a great light scent which lasts. I'm trying to think of some GC's. :lol: Croquet (-Pink lime, pink grapefruit, white nectarine, wild rose, sage, woody patchouli, bergamot, and ornery hedgehog musk.), Mouses Long and Sad Tale (-Vanilla, two ambers, sweet pea and white sandalwood.), Cordelia (-lilac, lemon, green tea, wisteria, osmanthus, white cedar, and Chinese musk.).

*edit* Oh and Ehecatl (-Hibiscus, matcha, white musk, and lime.) is a great airy spring scent which is about to be discontinued.

Edited by Monday

Titania has staying power! I would also try Hunger Moon, Cheshire Moon & Lady Death:Savage, too. Oh, and maybe Tattered Lace.

They're all bright with something warmer underneath that seems to last pretty well (on me, anyway). I like to switch between them when I get tired of wearing Dorian.

I'm finding that Love and Sleep, though light, lasts a mighty long time.

a sudden invitation (from last year's lupers) is light and spring-y on me - that said, i usually wear heavy, dark, musky or foody scents.

Sandalwood, plum, white mint, and agarwood.

the mint keeps things nice and light...however, it also has fantastic staying power - i can still smell it in my hair from yesterday. :)

I find Hetairae (billed as honey, patchouli, fig, clove and ylang ylang) to be mostly ylang ylang and honey on me and quite light. I tend to reach for it at this time of year when I want something light, golden, and floral (but that does't make me sneeze -- which is a tall order!) It easily lasts an 8 hour day on me, although it does end up lighter and sweeter than it started with just a hint of powder after about 10 hours. (My husband always says, "mmmmm, you smell like flowers and sugar")

I'm thinking I'm going to have to start extolling this one's virtues and/or stock up heavily as I see it hasn't been reviewed in a long time and the honey blends seem to on the chopping block pretty regularly...

It will gut me if Hetairae goes away.

PS I should also add that this one ages well, although unusually. Rather than getting really patchouli heavy as it ages, this one actually mellows and gets more floral/honey with time. The fig and patchouli eventually tame down REALLY far and it ends up being more golden and summery than the way it started (which is a bit spicier and earthier in undertones).

Edited by kakiphony

Fae, Hippie Ghost, and White Rider are my "light" BPALs. My skin eats scent like, woah. Morocco lasts on some people, but not me, sadly...may be worth a try.

Edited by lookingglass