Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Anathema

Looking for BPAL's answer to Escada Moon Sparkle

I've searched quite a bit and while I've seen Escada mentioned a few times, I've not seen this one mentioned.

Up until I ran out about a year ago I hoarded this perfume and even bought sample vials off eBay for way too much money. I never fail to get complimented and I always feel pretty and fresh when I wear it. It's a very youthful scent (maybe even too much so for my being 25 now). The closest thing I've found that reminds me of it is ZOMG Smells Pink Seven which I just recently got and love.

Does BPAL have anything that could work? The notes in Moon Sparkle I could only find on Fragrantica listed as the follwing:

It opens with notes of strawberry, black currant, citruses and red fruits. Middle notes reveal sweet pea, freesia, jasmine and rose, and this fragrant floral bouquet is followed by raspberry, musk, sandalwood and amber in the base.

On me it's a very, very fruity floral. It's bright, but not too sharp and the floral that is present is subtle enough I can't really pick out a specific flower. Any advice? Again, I'm sorry if this has been discussed, but I think I searched pretty well.

Thanks! :wub2:

I've never smelled the perfume you're asking about, but based on notes and knowing some of your tastes, I would say try Titania, Mouse's Long and Sad Tale, Juliet, The East, Tis the Voice of the Lobster, Flora, and The King's Daughter.

Oh man. I used to love that stuff too. I remember buying it in the store 5+ years ago and the saleslady saying, "Men love the grapefruit," and being amused because I definitely wasn't buying it to attract a man (since I was already taken and all)! :lol: But none of BPAL's similar fruity stuff has ever worked in a similar way on me (I think they do the burnt plastic thing). I know I had high hopes for stuff from the Mad Tea Party like Croquet and Cheshire Cat. I wonder about Megaera and Zephyr, I never tried those.... Anyway, I'm probably no help, just wanted to commiserate. :)

EDIT: Just read the post above. Having smelled the perfume in question, I think that most of those recommendations are probably good bets. :smilenod: Mouse's LAST and The East may not be quite fruity enough, though they are beautiful scents.

Edited by neptuneanblues

After reading the notes and thinking of Moon Sparkle, I think Titania and 'Tis the Voice of the Lobster are going to be the closest. Thanks again for the recommendations!

Are you only looking for GC scents? Because I think some LEs might get fairly close, and they might not be too hard to find in the forums. Like:

Pink Moon - Phlox, tulip, daffodil, pink columbine, delphinium, pink carnation, peony, and muscari, dusted with pink sugar and honey, bourbon vanilla, a hint of white chocolate, and a touch of the first strawberries of the season.

Sugar Plum Fairy - Sugar plums, vanilla-infused sugar, tiare, amber musk, apricot peel, and a light dusting of cacao.

Cheshire Moon - A lunatic's blend of lunar herbs and blossoms, with lemongrass, guava, pink grapefruit, banyan fruit, hibiscus, and cherry blossom.

Pink Phoenix - Vanilla bean, honeycomb, sugared pear, sweet pea and a dribble of strawberry.

Strawberry Moon - Wild strawberries, strawberry flower, strawberry blossom honey, vanilla-infused sugar, early summer grasses, and milky dandelion sap.

These might not be exact matches but they'd probably be close or evoke a similar feel. I think the current GC recs are good as well, and you might even like Glasgow. Not very similar notes, but it's definitely a light yet juicy floral.

Have you tried 51 at all? It has a similar note listing and is a gorgeous, commercial-smelling fruity floral perfume. I would definitely get your hands on some of that!

51 and Strawberry Moon both sound amazing. I may have to track Strawberry Moon down. Do all years basically smell similar?

I'm going to give Titania another vote for a sweet, fruity floral that's young and fresh. ♥ Based on some recent blends I've tried, here are some light, fun and fruity florals that I've come to adore (all LE, but reasonably alright to hunt down):

Mariposita Her hair smells like soap and lavender, her skin smells like honey and sunshine, and everything is touched by the scent of the strawberries she's always eating.

Candy Phoenix A dusky, yet effervescent mix of pomegranate and black currant candies, with a dusting of sugared pear and white apple.

Purple Snowballs Sugar plum snowballs with a touch of currant and cardamom!

Sign in to follow this