Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ella LaRose

If your top 5 scents are... Then try these!

I have a new top five! Some life changes have lead me to lighten a lot of aspects of my situation and that has also been reflecting in my scent choices. Here's the new top five right now:

The Fox Sisters

Snow White

Hellcat

Perversion

White Rose

these are all LEs, but the first one is available most years at Yule time, which also makes it fairly easy to find secondhand: Pink Snowballs; Go To Sleep, Darlings; Winter-time; Love. and I haven't yet tried Alan McMichael from the brand new Crimson Peak update, but it's boozy (like Hellcat and Perversion) and people keep saying it reminds them of Snow White

Hello! I've been buying and collecting BPAL for about 5 years now, on and off, but this is my first time posting. I haven't bought anything for a while now and the new Crimson Peak scents have rekindled my excitement, so I'm in the process of making and updating my lists! So recommendations from you friendly folks would be appreciated :> I have a kind of "wintery" skin chemistry and so I prefer green, cool or watery scents, with the occasional exception for honey or warmer roses. (As you'll probably be able to tell, I adore violets and roses.)

My top 5:

Ultraviolet

The Rose (my everyday for a while!)

Elf (also another everyday)

Marie

Leanan Sidhe

Ranger gets snuck in every now in then when my boyfriend's not wearing it and when I want a more subtle, less "perfume-y" scent or simply miss the woods. Prague, Water of Notre Dame, and Maiden also get some play now and again, and Alice and Deadly Nightshade Honey are my go-to oils for when I want something a little warmer or more sensual. Sometimes when I can tolerate vanilla on myself, I wear Snow White.

Edited by starfawn

Hello! I've been buying and collecting BPAL for about 5 years now, on and off, but this is my first time posting. I haven't bought anything for a while now and the new Crimson Peak scents have rekindled my excitement, so I'm in the process of making and updating my lists! So recommendations from you friendly folks would be appreciated :> I have a kind of "wintery" skin chemistry and so I prefer green, cool or watery scents, with the occasional exception for honey or warmer roses. (As you'll probably be able to tell, I adore violets and roses.)

My top 5:

Ultraviolet

Marie

Leanan Sidhe

Ranger gets snuck in every now in then when my boyfriend's not wearing it and when I want a more subtle, less "perfume-y" scent or simply miss the woods. Prague, Water of Notre Dame, and Maiden also get some play now and again, and Alice and Deadly Nightshade Honey are my go-to oils for when I want something a little warmer or more sensual. Sometimes when I can tolerate vanilla on myself, I wear Snow White.

I can contribute finally!

All these except for zombie are le, but can be found aftermarket.

Based on your scents, I recommend:

La Befana- violets & herbs

Rose Red- green wet roses

White chocolate & sugared violets - sweet creamy violet

The Fox Sisters - Rose & violet

Zombie - earthy rose

My top 5:

Ultraviolet

Marie

Leanan Sidhe

Other than the shared love of rose, we have quite different taste (Violet and I aren't friends), so I haven't necessarily smelled/liked all of these, just felt you might like them based on your scent preferences:

1. Ogygia (Wanderlust) - Sea air, kelp, and climbing vines, flame-singed cedarwood and juniper branches, cypress boughs, alder wood, violets, selino, parsley, glistritha, and white sage.

2. Marie (Diabolous) - sinuous violet and elegant tea rose

3. La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente (I love this one so much!) Soft, lush myrtle and dry, sweet melilot with wild rose, pomegranate juice and peach blossom against a background of deep aquatic notes and a twirl of melancholy autumn breezes.

4. Jezebel (This one is gorgeous) - honey, roses, orange blossom and sandalwood

5. Envy - Green herbs slithering through mint, lime and lavender

Whatever you decide on, hope it ends up working well for you!

Edited by LizziesLuck

My top 5:

Ultraviolet

Marie

Leanan Sidhe

Other than the shared love of rose, we have quite different taste (Violet and I aren't friends), so I haven't necessarily smelled/liked all of these, just felt you might like them based on your scent preferences:

1. Ogygia (Wanderlust) - Sea air, kelp, and climbing vines, flame-singed cedarwood and juniper branches, cypress boughs, alder wood, violets, selino, parsley, glistritha, and white sage.

2. Marie (Diabolous) - sinuous violet and elegant tea rose

3. La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente (I love this one so much!) Soft, lush myrtle and dry, sweet melilot with wild rose, pomegranate juice and peach blossom against a background of deep aquatic notes and a twirl of melancholy autumn breezes.

4. Jezebel (This one is gorgeous) - honey, roses, orange blossom and sandalwood

5. Envy - Green herbs slithering through mint, lime and lavender

Whatever you decide on, hope it ends up working well for you!

I actually already had La Bella Donna on my list, so I'm even more excited to try it now! And Envy and Ogygia especially sound just wonderful. Thank you!

Oooh! I'd love to try this!

1. Monster Bait: Closet

2. Fairy Market

3. Midnight on the Midway (original)

4. Black Lace

5. L'Autunno

I really wanted to add Ava, Butterflies, Flowers and Jewels Attending and muse of fire but I'd be cheating because they're on the way and I haven't sniffed them yet

Can I do one with commercial perfume? Would love a separate set of recommendations! (Ignore if not allowed)

1. Chanel - Coco Mademoiselle

2. Chantal Thomass - Chantal Thomass

3. V&R - flowerbomb

4. La Perla - J'aime

5. Marc Jacobs - Daisy

I love expensive smelling sugary fresh florals, sugary incense, sweet musks, vanilla, fresh strawberry, and cotton candy kind of scents.

Edited by celestia

2. Fairy Market

4. Black Lace

5. L'Autunno

I really wanted to add Ava, Butterflies, Flowers and Jewels Attending and muse of fire but I'd be cheating because they're on the way and I haven't sniffed them yet

Can I do one with commercial perfume? Would love a separate set of recommendations! (Ignore if not allowed)

3. V&R - flowerbomb

4. La Perla - J'aime

5. Marc Jacobs - Daisy

I love expensive smelling sugary fresh florals, sugary incense, sweet musks, vanilla, fresh strawberry, and cotton candy kind of scents.

I need to try L'Autunno, because everything else in your list is in mine as well. And you are going to LOVE the ones you have on the way. BFAJA is like Flowerbomb BPALified.

Some others you might adore are Edith Cushing, Love, Pink Snowballs, All Souls, Antique Lace (lol), Pink Lace, Pouring Strains of Sacred Song, Mouse's Long and Sad Tale, Rosy Maple, Lyonesse, Lady Death: Savage, Vasilissa, Champagne and Opium, Sonnet D'Automne, Stardust, Madame Moriarty (I prefer the new one, the currant really balances and makes it smell fancier)

Edited by aphrodite

I need to try L'Autunno, because everything else in your list is in mine as well. And you are going to LOVE the ones you have on the way. BFAJA is like Flowerbomb BPALified.

Some others you might adore are Edith Cushing, Love, Pink Snowballs, All Souls, Antique Lace (lol), Pink Lace, Pouring Strains of Sacred Song, Mouse's Long and Sad Tale, Rosy Maple, Lyonesse, Lady Death: Savage, Vasilissa, Champagne and Opium, Sonnet D'Automne, Stardust, Madame Moriarty (I prefer the new one, the currant really balances and makes it smell fancier)

Yay! Someone who likes similar scents! L'Autunno actually doesn't smell like any of the kind of notes I'm supposed to like, but it's just really nice to me for some unknown reason.

I love antique lace, but yes...lol indeed! Mouses long and sad tale I really like too! I have some pink snowballs on the way too! So that excites me a little! Rosy maple, love and pink lace were all on my tentative list so I may track those down after all thanks to your recommendation! Same with the other scents you've mentioned! I've pulled up reviews on them before but couldn't decide! You've made me give them a chance! Haha

Right, so I might be a little bit of a weirdo... here are my current favorites (i.e. in regular rotation):

1. Spirit of the Komachi Cherry Tree

2. Our Lady of Pain

3. Byron v13

4. A Sudden Invitation

5. Flower Moon '09

None of these smell alike. Can anyone tell me what I enjoy? :tongue:

2. Fairy Market

4. Black Lace

5. L'Autunno

3. V&R - flowerbomb

4. La Perla - J'aime

5. Marc Jacobs - Daisy

I don't have a heck of a lot of experience with your list.

But Monster Bait: Closet is one of my all time faves. I haven't found anything like it, however Bewitched also has a glorious Blackberry note that I thoroughly enjoy, so I just thought I would throw that out there!

I don't have a heck of a lot of experience with your list.

But Monster Bait: Closet is one of my all time faves. I haven't found anything like it, however Bewitched also has a glorious Blackberry note that I thoroughly enjoy, so I just thought I would throw that out there!

Oooh! I've tried bewitched! And omg yes! the fruity part- that blackberry note and wild berries were really nommy! Unfortunately, it came alongside another scent that morphed into a pungent, sweet acidic battle between my chemistry, the berries and the rest of the notes. You know when two scents morph really differently on your skin but don't want to submit the other to dominance and you end up with a conflict of chemistry-infused scents that don't work together? Yea that happened T___T I think it might have been the sage or green tea because I remember going "oh yum...yuck" haha.

I'm still pretty new to BPAL, and I do tend to prefer different scents at different times of the year... but out of all the scents I currently own, these are my favourites. In no particular order:

- Sarah, the Mother Bear

- Shanghai

- Velvet

- Samhain

- Bewitched

I'm still pretty new to BPAL, and I do tend to prefer different scents at different times of the year... but out of all the scents I currently own, these are my favourites. In no particular order:

- Sarah, the Mother Bear

- Shanghai

- Velvet

- Samhain

- Bewitched

hi!

If you like Shanghai, maybe try Embalming Fluid for something where the "zing" lasts a little longer.

If you think Velvet with spice might be good, maybe Tezcatlipoca or Oblivion.

For Samhain, if Samhain is the outdoorsy one, Hetairae might be the indoorsy one.

- Sarah, the Mother Bear

- Shanghai

- Velvet

- Samhain

- Bewitched

If you like Velvet, try Gelt and/or Dia de los Reyes from the Yule update that just launched. Also, as sort of an outlier based on your overall list, give Wanda a try. It's one of my favorite GCs, and it has elements of various tastes that seem to appeal to you.

I tend to end up in ruts where I wear the same thing all the time, so I could use some recommendations! And I just joined the forums so I figured I should post something :)

1. Dorian

2. Aizen Myoo

3. Elf

4. Morocco

5. Bard (although I have to be careful with this one, it can get overwhelming fast)

I tend to end up in ruts where I wear the same thing all the time, so I could use some recommendations! And I just joined the forums so I figured I should post something :)

1. Dorian

2. Aizen Myoo

3. Elf

4. Morocco

5. Bard (although I have to be careful with this one, it can get overwhelming fast)

If you like the soft cozy spice of Morocco, you shoudl try Snake Oil eventually. :)

1. Dorian

2. Aizen Myoo

3. Elf

4. Morocco

If you like the soft cozy spice of Morocco, you shoudl try Snake Oil eventually. :)

I just added Snake Oil to my list of scents to try next, so I'll definitely check it out!

- Sarah, the Mother Bear

- Shanghai

- Velvet

- Samhain

- Bewitched

If you like Velvet, try Gelt and/or Dia de los Reyes from the Yule update that just launched. Also, as sort of an outlier based on your overall list, give Wanda a try. It's one of my favorite GCs, and it has elements of various tastes that seem to appeal to you.

- Sarah, the Mother Bear

- Shanghai

- Velvet

- Samhain

- Bewitched

hi!

If you like Shanghai, maybe try Embalming Fluid for something where the "zing" lasts a little longer.

If you think Velvet with spice might be good, maybe Tezcatlipoca or Oblivion.

For Samhain, if Samhain is the outdoorsy one, Hetairae might be the indoorsy one.

Thank you both for the recommendations! I've added all of those to my wishlist :) I'm definitely going to try out imps of a few of them, like Wanda, Hetairae and Oblivion :)

1. Dorian

2. Aizen Myoo

3. Elf

4. Morocco

Oooo... I like a lot of these too. For Aizen Myoo, try Nightgaunt. They share the yuzu note, but Nightgaunt is a little less sweet and bolder on me. For Elf, try Egle, another bright, light, foresty floral. For Morocco, I've heard Light of Men's Lives is a must try for vanilla lovers, but I've never sniffed it myself. And for Bard, one of my favorites, you might try The Witches' Kitchen. It has a sharp, berryish/herbal blast at the beginning, but dries down to something very akin to Bard on me. Also, I don't know how you feel about rose, but Hedylogos has a really nice, warm, light honey smell.

1. Dorian

2. Aizen Myoo

3. Elf

4. Morocco

Oooo... I like a lot of these too. For Aizen Myoo, try Nightgaunt. They share the yuzu note, but Nightgaunt is a little less sweet and bolder on me. For Elf, try Egle, another bright, light, foresty floral. For Morocco, I've heard Light of Men's Lives is a must try for vanilla lovers, but I've never sniffed it myself. And for Bard, one of my favorites, you might try The Witches' Kitchen. It has a sharp, berryish/herbal blast at the beginning, but dries down to something very akin to Bard on me. Also, I don't know how you feel about rose, but Hedylogos has a really nice, warm, light honey smell.

Thanks! I haven't tried any of these yet, they look great! I actually really like rose scents, but for some reason I haven't tried many of BPAL's.

Hi I'm new here but here is my top five right now:

1.Embalming Fluid

2.Zombi

3.Belle Epoque

4.Lightning

5.Eat Me

My fiance likes

1.Arkham
2.Lightning
3.John Watson
(He's a lot more picky)

Thanks for the recommendations in advance! *w *

1.Embalming Fluid

2.Zombi

3.Belle Epoque

4.Lightning

5.Eat Me

My fiance likes

1.Arkham

2.Lightning

3.John Watson

(He's a lot more picky)

If you enjoy the dirt in Zombi, you might also like Penny Dreadful!

The light citrus in Embalming Fluid always reminds me a bit of Zephyr, so you may like that too.

A lot of the Mad Tea Party scents share the same vibe, so if you like Eat Me, you can try for example Drink Me, The Knave of Hearts, or Queen Alice.

If your fiancé likes John Watson, he may enjoy some of the other citrusy colognes, like Villain and Whitechapel.

Lightning reminds me a little of Luminous Phasmatis, which is an equally beautiful ozone blend, but that one is not general catalog (it's a Yule from last year).

I hope you find something new to love :smile:

1.Embalming Fluid

2.Zombi

3.Belle Epoque

4.Lightning

5.Eat Me

My fiance likes

1.Arkham

2.Lightning

3.John Watson

(He's a lot more picky)

If you enjoy the dirt in Zombi, you might also like Penny Dreadful!

The light citrus in Embalming Fluid always reminds me a bit of Zephyr, so you may like that too.

A lot of the Mad Tea Party scents share the same vibe, so if you like Eat Me, you can try for example Drink Me, The Knave of Hearts, or Queen Alice.

If your fiancé likes John Watson, he may enjoy some of the other citrusy colognes, like Villain and Whitechapel.

Lightning reminds me a little of Luminous Phasmatis, which is an equally beautiful ozone blend, but that one is not general catalog (it's a Yule from last year).

I hope you find something new to love :smile:

Ah! My fiance says both Villain and Whitechapel sound awesome! I've actually tried and liked Zephyr, I have a lot of favorites :B I think I'll take a look at the other Mad Tea Party scents, and is Luminous Phasmatis rare? If not I may try to get some in the sale/swap threads! :)