Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ella LaRose

If your top 5 scents are... Then try these!

Current Top 5:

1. Eat Me

2. Dana O'Shee

3. Snake Oil

4. Black Pearl

5. Coyote

Only tried about 20, so it will be interesting to see how this changes over time. :)

For Dana O'Shee, I found Sudha Segara to be very similar (minus almonds, plus ginger).

Current top 5 in no particular order:

Sin

Hell's Belle

Dorian

Hesiod Phoenix

TKO

honorable mentions: Lust, Aelopile and Imp.

I've hardly tried any BUT! I wanna play too!

1. Drink Me

2. Gingerbread Snakes

3. The Isle Of Demons

4. Very Pink Surprise Cake

5. Dorian in the Pumpkin Patch

this is a really neat idea - to make it harder for y'all I have tried...a lot of things over the years so I'm really curious as to whether anybody can suggest something I wouldn't have thought of, or confirm some of the things I'm still desperately seeking :x my top five :

1) Glühwein

2) Black Pumpkin Floss

3) Story Time at Dark Delicacies

4) Egg Moon

5) Shub Niggurath

tried to do some honourable mentions but it just devolved into a list of everything else I own :x

I can really only make 3 suggestions based on your love of Shub, which I also share - you may or may not have already tried these, but if not, I HIGHLY recommend:

Pickled Imp (carnival Diabolique), Mopsfledermaus (one of the Bat's day exclusives...you may be able to track down a decant or bottle), and Shark tooth (Dragon con 2014 exclusive) - all three of these seem like they are all in the same family as Shub, but all are slightly different. Pickled Imp, is even more foody than Shub, as they both start off foody, pickled imp stays foody, where Shub (at least on me) settles into this glorious ginger incense. Mopsfledermaus has more of that ginger incense feel from Shub, though with brown sugar and molasses added into the mix. it's a little foody, but no where near like what pickled imp is. Lastly, Shark tooth starts of as ambergris, but it morphs into this cinnamon/ginger-esque note that is lovely - it's a very strange blend, but Like I said, if you like any of those blends, you would like it!

I'm going to ask for a more complicated recommendation for me!

I LOVE red musk heavy blends, and would love recommendations from past lupers/shungas that may fit this bill. Things from our lady of Pain, or any past Lupers collections etc, since I only tried one of those which was not a red musk blend (feed me and fill me with pleasure).

I have already tried: womb furie, L'Essence de la passion, and Smut - and I have a ton of weenie red musk blends, so I am specifically looking for Luper blends!

The Arbor: Red musk, East African red patchouli, tonka bean, white gardenia, black narcissus, champaca flower, Roman chamomile, and massoia bark.

O Love and Time and Sin: Red rose, Saturnian opoponax, and red musk.

Lust Bonbon: Red musk, patchouli, ylang ylang and myrrh, surrounded by smoky cinnamon-dusted cacao.

Lips Full of Lust and Laughter: Red musk, wildflower honey, elemi, tangerine, and mint.

Areia: Dragon's blood resin, pimento berry, olive wood, rosemary, black cherry, persimmon, red musk, and red rose.

Ushi: Red musk, crushed tomatoes, mango, and fig.

Of these, I think only Ushi isn't a strong red musk - it's mostly fruity with the musk playing a sexy sidekick. In all the others, at least on me (and in a bunch of reviews too), the red musk is definitely prominent.

The Arbor: Red musk, East African red patchouli, tonka bean, white gardenia, black narcissus, champaca flower, Roman chamomile, and massoia bark.

O Love and Time and Sin: Red rose, Saturnian opoponax, and red musk.

Lust Bonbon: Red musk, patchouli, ylang ylang and myrrh, surrounded by smoky cinnamon-dusted cacao.

Lips Full of Lust and Laughter: Red musk, wildflower honey, elemi, tangerine, and mint.

Areia: Dragon's blood resin, pimento berry, olive wood, rosemary, black cherry, persimmon, red musk, and red rose.

Ushi: Red musk, crushed tomatoes, mango, and fig.

Of these, I think only Ushi isn't a strong red musk - it's mostly fruity with the musk playing a sexy sidekick. In all the others, at least on me (and in a bunch of reviews too), the red musk is definitely prominent.

Thank you! I'll have to add these to my *must try* decant list!!

I am relatively new to BPAL (and brand new to the forums, obviously!). I would love to hear what you guys have to say for my top 5:

Egle

Yggdrasil

Question Mark

Sea of Glass

Windward Passage

I am relatively new to BPAL (and brand new to the forums, obviously!). I would love to hear what you guys have to say for my top 5:

Egle

Yggdrasil

Question Mark

Sea of Glass

Windward Passage

Hi! Yay, Yggdrasil is my favorite. Tho I don't try to find additionals based on it; I just buy backups ;)

For Egle: Oh, I haven't tried this one, either, this sounds like it could be very good! I see you like some scents with jasmine; my favorite jasmine is Salome.

For Ygg: Slobbering Pine, Mag Mell. Pais de la Canela. Death on a Pale Horse. Lyonesse. Ochosi, maybe.

For Question Mark: I got a maple-y scent from this, probably from the tobacco. Since you also like some 'clean' scents, maybe Beer From The Marsh-Woman's Brewery, which on me is a mix of clean plus caramel or maple-y.

For Sea of Glass: You may like Dirty.

For Windward Passage: i haven't tried this! Sounds like a marine scent, there are many really neat & interesting ocean/watery scents. Have you tried Bayou?

Sin

Hell's Belle

Dorian

Hesiod Phoenix

TKO

Since you like Dorian: Jareth, Venustas, possibly Theodosius (I haven't tried it yet - going off the reviews). Maybe Tattered Lace.

Egle

Yggdrasil

Question Mark

Sea of Glass

Windward Passage

Hi! Yay, Yggdrasil is my favorite. Tho I don't try to find additionals based on it; I just buy backups ;)

For Egle: Oh, I haven't tried this one, either, this sounds like it could be very good! I see you like some scents with jasmine; my favorite jasmine is Salome.

For Ygg: Slobbering Pine, Mag Mell. Pais de la Canela. Death on a Pale Horse. Lyonesse. Ochosi, maybe.

For Question Mark: I got a maple-y scent from this, probably from the tobacco. Since you also like some 'clean' scents, maybe Beer From The Marsh-Woman's Brewery, which on me is a mix of clean plus caramel or maple-y.

For Sea of Glass: You may like Dirty.

For Windward Passage: i haven't tried this! Sounds like a marine scent, there are many really neat & interesting ocean/watery scents. Have you tried Bayou?

Thanks, Sqwook! I have tried Mag Mell, and I think it'll be great when the temps really drop in January. It smells so warm to me! The others that you recommended were not even on my radar, so I am really excited to put them on my list for next time! Yay! And yes, Yggdrasil forever. It's perfectly woodsy without any fiddle faddle messing it up. :D

Mine top 5 so far. Recommend me others please:

Snake oil

Mr. Nancy

Mouses long and sad tale

Perversion

French tobacco

Honorable mention:

Black lace

Edited by sarapoep

If you like French Tobacco I would try Visions of Autumn VII, one of this year's Weenies. Once it dries down, I find it indistinguishable from French Tobacco.

Sin

Hell's Belle

Dorian

Hesiod Phoenix

TKO

Since you like Dorian: Jareth, Venustas, possibly Theodosius (I haven't tried it yet - going off the reviews). Maybe Tattered Lace.

Oooh Jareth! Yes I'l put that one on my list. I hadn't even heard of Theodosius, and I'll take a look at Tattered Lace. Thank you!

I did try Venustas but it didn't work out (not bad, just not particularly good)

Thank you!

I am brand new to the forums, but these are my current favorites. Thanks for any recommendations you care to offer!

Sin

Malediction

Dragon's Musk

The Black Rider

Bloodlust

I am brand new to the forums, but these are my current favorites. Thanks for any recommendations you care to offer!

Sin

Malediction

Dragon's Musk

The Black Rider

Bloodlust

If you enjoy The Black Rider, I would recommend trying Rogue from the RPG line as well. It shares that rugged leather note :smile:

If you liked Sin, you might like Vixen, too!

Oooh, this looks like fun, I'd love any recs, since I am not so great at blind imp purchases. My top five are:

Adam (OLLA)

Madame Moriarty, Misfortune Teller
Le Pere Fouttard
Bonfire Night
Casanova

Honorable Mention: Red Lantern

Sin

Malediction

Dragon's Musk

The Black Rider

Bloodlust

If you enjoy The Black Rider, I would recommend trying Rogue from the RPG line as well. It shares that rugged leather note :smile:

If you liked Sin, you might like Vixen, too!

Thank you so much! I will check out both of those.

Oooh, this looks like fun, I'd love any recs, since I am not so great at blind imp purchases. My top five are:

Adam (OLLA)

Le Pere Fouttard

Bonfire Night

Casanova

Have you tried Khajuraho, Wanda, Smut, or Spanked?

Adam (OLLA)

Le Pere Fouttard

Bonfire Night

Casanova

Have you tried Khajuraho, Wanda, Smut, or Spanked?

Ooh, thanks for the recs! I have an imp of Spanked resurrected that I feel like I enjoyed a lot, I'm going to pull it out again. Smut's on my wishlist, and I'm going to add Wanda- I feel like I rejected Wanda because of the roses, but it looks like form reviews the rose isn't very strong? And I've never heard of Khajuraho, but I'm going to go look it up now!

Adam (OLLA)

Le Pere Fouttard

Bonfire Night

Casanova

The leather in Adam is almost exactly like Black Rider to me, and Red Rider is another amazingly warm and spicy leather heavy scent. Tontentanz is another amazing leather if you can find it. You might also really enjoy the current weenie Tattie Boggle, which is a great dry and smokey scent with a lot of both fire and woody notes.

Adam (OLLA)

Le Pere Fouttard

Bonfire Night

Casanova

The leather in Adam is almost exactly like Black Rider to me, and Red Rider is another amazingly warm and spicy leather heavy scent. Tontentanz is another amazing leather if you can find it. You might also really enjoy the current weenie Tattie Boggle, which is a great dry and smokey scent with a lot of both fire and woody notes.

Thanks, I will add these to my list, they all sound awesome! (That's the second rec for Red Rider I've gotten recently, so I should get on that) Tattie Bogle is actually the only Weenie (that I got a decant of) that I'm considering buying. :)

Adam (OLLA)

Le Pere Fouttard

Bonfire Night

Casanova

Thanks, I will add these to my list, they all sound awesome! (That's the second rec for Red Rider I've gotten recently, so I should get on that) Tattie Bogle is actually the only Weenie (that I got a decant of) that I'm considering buying. :)

The Rider set is such an amazing leather trio. Sexy leather, delicate leather, and a very in your face dark leather. I cannot recommend all of them enough. They are very much my top GC scents right now.

Current top 5 (no particular order except Mermaid which is my number 1)

Mermaid

Lamia

Destructive Vagina of the Fox Spirit

Eat Me

Ava

Not really sure exactly what that says about my tastes, but I'm OBSESSED with Mermaid right now! Any thing similar to that especially would be amazing.

Mermaid

Lamia

Eat Me

Ava

Not really sure exactly what that says about my tastes, but I'm OBSESSED with Mermaid right now! Any thing similar to that especially would be amazing.

If you liked Ava, you might like Butterflies, Flowers and Jewels Attending. They are very similar to my nose, both delicate florals with something extra. I have seen it for sale on the forum a few times!

Of General Catalog light floral scents, I could mention Tamora or Fae, although they are not *as* similar to Ava as Butterflies etc...

Sadly, I can't readily recall what smells like Mermaid. I'd love to help, but I think I need to think about it some more :smile:

Mermaid

Lamia

Eat Me

Ava

Pumpkin Princess was a Halloweenie LE that smells just like Mermaid to me, but with a bit of foodiness. Might be worth tracking down a decant.

Since you like Eat Me, try Bread and Butter Fly and Snake Oil. Comforting Plush Companion is also a lot like Eat Me, but it's LE and can be somewhat hard to find. Same with Sprinklecake.

Any scents that are similar to Ava that I can think of are super rare. So I don't know how helpful it would be to rec them. But they are: Black Lace, Giant Vulva, and Eve (from the same series as Ava). Maybe also The First of the Three Spirits. That one is an easier to find LE. similar in "feel" to Ava but not that close. (Edited to add: Bastet is a general catalogue scent similar to Ava.)

happy sniffing :wub2:

Edited by ModderRhu