Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ella LaRose

If your top 5 scents are... Then try these!

This is such a nifty topic. I wish I could actually help others, but my top five are:

1) Hermia

2) Le Lethe

3) Hygeia

4) Thousands of Lights

5) The Ta-Ta

Le Lethe smells absolutely stunning and sultry on me. I've gotten compliments on it from strangers. My ex bit my wrist when I asked their opinion. Which might also have something to do with me shoving my arm in their face, but still.

I'm a bit of a newbie and would love some suggestions on what to try next. I haven't sampled a ton but My favs so far are:

Vasilissa - Creamy skin musk and blushing pink musk with soft sandalwood, white amber, dutiful myrrh, and star jasmine.

Dorian - A Victorian fougere with three pale musks and dark, sugared vanilla tea.

Morocco - Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia.

Tamora - Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean.

Miskatonic U - Irish coffee, dusty tomes and polished oakwood halls.

Centzon Totochtin - Bittersweet Mexican cocoa with rum, red wine, and a scent redolent of sacrificial blood.

(This one isn't as harsh as it might sound.)

This is such a nifty topic. I wish I could actually help others, but my top five are:

1) Hermia

2) Le Lethe

3) Hygeia

4) Thousands of Lights

5) The Ta-Ta

Le Lethe smells absolutely stunning and sultry on me. I've gotten compliments on it from strangers. My ex bit my wrist when I asked their opinion. Which might also have something to do with me shoving my arm in their face, but still.

Since you are a big fan of Le Lethe you should try Bien Loin D'Ici. They don't really smell that similar, but they are in the same family. I find that they both have something weird and indefinable about them, plus they are both pretty heavy on the red musk. You might also like Sed Non Satiata. Sorry I have no recs for your other selections!

this is a really neat idea - to make it harder for y'all I have tried...a lot of things over the years so I'm really curious as to whether anybody can suggest something I wouldn't have thought of, or confirm some of the things I'm still desperately seeking :x my top five :

1) Glühwein

2) Black Pumpkin Floss

3) Story Time at Dark Delicacies

4) Egg Moon

5) Shub Niggurath

tried to do some honourable mentions but it just devolved into a list of everything else I own :x

I'm a bit of a newb, but the obsession is building.

My current Top 5, order depending on mood

1. Mommy Fortuna

2. Eve (OLLA)

3. Kumiho

4. Chuparosa

5. Goblin

At the moment, my top five scents are:

Ava

El Dia de los Reyes

Plastic Pink Flamingo

Boomslang v2

Black Temple Burlesque Troupe

1. ? (haven't tried this one)

2. Mayan Chocolate with Amaretto, Anaheim Pepper, Cinnamon and Vanilla

3. Velvet Unicorn

4. Tarantula Fascinator, WILF, and Snake Oil Hair Gloss

5. Playful Wooden Mallets, The Velvets

Thanks so much circaea :D I indeed like Velvet Unicorn very much and Tarantula fascinator too. The others you mentioned are going on my wish list :D

It's hard to limit to 5! But here are 5 of my favorites:

Smut

The Black Temple Burlesque Troupe

Fae

Samhain/Samhainophobia

Persephone

Honorable mention: snake oil, Blackbear moon, and ondurdis :)

Edited by venusinfurs

Smut

Fae

Samhain/Samhainophobia

Persephone

If you like Smut as much as I do, you might like Sed Non Satiata (probably the closest GC scent to it) or Miss Forcible (what Smut's great grandmother would smell like).

Some scents that remind me of Black Temple Burlesque Troupe are Intrigue (the same fuzzy softness),Titus Andronicus (unisex, and has an almost identical musk) and Velvet.

Smut

Fae

Samhain/Samhainophobia

Persephone

If you like Smut as much as I do, you might like Sed Non Satiata (probably the closest GC scent to it) or Miss Forcible (what Smut's great grandmother would smell like).

Some scents that remind me of Black Temple Burlesque Troupe are Intrigue (the same fuzzy softness),Titus Andronicus (unisex, and has an almost identical musk) and Velvet.

if you two like BTBT, you should Chase down a decant of Carnaval Diabolique! It has a similar feel, but is more rounded than BTBT.

for BTBT, try Delight and Consternation or Playful Wooden Mallets. Delight & consternation has chocolate + lemon which is similar to the somewhat lemony black musk and choc combo in BTBT. Mallets has the same musk as BTBT plus super dry, non-potpourri cinnamon. I bet any of those would layer nicely too. Mmmm...

this is a really neat idea - to make it harder for y'all I have tried...a lot of things over the years so I'm really curious as to whether anybody can suggest something I wouldn't have thought of, or confirm some of the things I'm still desperately seeking :x my top five :

1) Glühwein

2) Black Pumpkin Floss

4) Egg Moon

5) Shub Niggurath

tried to do some honourable mentions but it just devolved into a list of everything else I own :x

Have you tried Third Charm,The Arrival at the Sabbath and Homage to the Devil, or Red Lantern? Your faves seem to be complex with a hint of sweetness. Those might be worth at look. Or maybe Butterscotch Balls and Black Beetles?

1) Glühwein

2) Black Pumpkin Floss

4) Egg Moon

5) Shub Niggurath

Have you tried Third Charm,The Arrival at the Sabbath and Homage to the Devil, or Red Lantern? Your faves seem to be complex with a hint of sweetness. Those might be worth at look. Or maybe Butterscotch Balls and Black Beetles?

thank you! <3 I LOVE Arrival at the Sabbath - Red Lantern was just a combination of notes that aren't great on me, unfortunately. the other two I haven't tried; Third Charm is definitely on my list but I hadn't considered Butterscotch Balls and Black Beetles - I think based on reviews that it would probably be too cloying for me, but I might see if I can pick up enough to test from somewhere :) thank you though! I will move Third Charm up the list :x

Been a part of the Bpal madness for 2 years but i'm a first time forum member so I would really love some recommendations from you all. (:

My top 5 at the moment are:

Jazz Funeral

Tombeur

Samhainophobia

French Tobacco

The Perilous Parlor

Edited by Haltija

I haven't tried very many, but so far, in order:

1. Sin

2. RPG Mage

3. Kumiho

4. The Apple of Sodom

5. Cairo

especially looking for something like Kumiho minus the ginger or The Apple of Sodom so please let me know if you know anything!

I wanna play! My top 5 is:

1. sin

2. defututa

3. bastet

4. anne bonny

5. areia

Honorable mention goes to my nightime scent: kathmandu

Edited by ravenheather

My top five are:

1. Veil

2. A Moment in Time

3. Lacus Solitudinis

4. The Nutcracker

5. Pele

I'm always looking for suggestions!

My current top 5 are

1. Morocco

2. Yucca Giant Skipper

3. Lilith Victoria

4. Snake Oil

5. Cake Smash

My top five are:

1. Veil
2. A Moment in Time
3. Lacus Solitudinis
4. The Nutcracker
5. Pele

I'm always looking for suggestions!

1. Nocturne

2. havent tried yet, sorry!

3. TKO

4. again, havent tried

5. Baobhan Sith

Edited by Lady_Fire

I haven't tried very many, but so far, in order:

1. Sin

2. RPG Mage

3. Kumiho

4. The Apple of Sodom

5. Cairo

especially looking for something like Kumiho minus the ginger or The Apple of Sodom so please let me know if you know anything!

One of the reviews for Eldritch Drunken Constellations says that it is very similar to Kumiho, no ginger in that blend.