Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ella LaRose

If your top 5 scents are... Then try these!

OK I'll play!

1. Titania

2. She Crushes For Dead Men Deadly Wine

3. Hamadryad

4. Shadow Witch Orchid

5. Samhain

6. Kali

Its strange when you list them like that you can see the themes running through. I think Beth's gift may be to channel personalities into a bottle. That came out funny, but I'm hoping you guys get what I mean. Cause queen Mab and phantom queen would both be on that list if I could get my little mits on more than imp sniffies lol

Ooh! Great thread!

1. Fascinum

2. Spellbound

3. Omen

4. Haunted

5. Lyonesse

Honourable mentions: Black Forest, Vasilissa, Mage, Dorian

(See what I did there, I did like a top 9...)

Alright, lets see what you lovelies think I'd like:

1. The Girl
  2. Door
  3. TKO
  4. Black Lace
  5. Boo 2010

With Mouse's Long and Sad Tale being that one I just can't bear not to mention but have a hard time fitting in there.

1. The Girl
  2. Door
  3. TKO
  4. Black Lace
  5. Boo 2010

With Mouse's Long and Sad Tale being that one I just can't bear not to mention but have a hard time fitting in there.

Against Idleness and Mischief (kinda like Door but heavier on the honey), Beaver Moon I 2013 (you have some creamy faves and this is delish)

OK I'll play!

1. Titania

2. She Crushes For Dead Men Deadly Wine

3. Hamadryad

4. Shadow Witch Orchid

5. Samhain

6. Kali

Its strange when you list them like that you can see the themes running through. I think Beth's gift may be to channel personalities into a bottle. That came out funny, but I'm hoping you guys get what I mean. Cause queen Mab and phantom queen would both be on that list if I could get my little mits on more than imp sniffies lol

If you are interested in something similar to "Titania" with a bit of spice, you might want to try Pele. It has a similar aquatic/light floral feel that Titania does, but with fresh ginger, and less fruit, a bit of some tropical flower.

Ooh! Great thread!

1. Fascinum

2. Spellbound

3. Omen

4. Haunted

5. Lyonesse

Golden Priapus - Vanilla and amber with juniper, rosewood and white pine.

The Raptures and Roses of Vice - Red roses, heady Moroccan musk, cinnamon, lobelia, coconut flesh, magnolia blossoms, and tobacco tar.

Countess Karnstein - Red musk, purple orchid, frankincense, smoky vanilla, Styrian herbs, peru balsam, tonka, Zanzibar clove, and patchouli.

Morocco - Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia.

Pallas Athene - Antiqued amber, cumin, saffron, frankincense, Atlas cedar, myrrh, mandarin, Ceylon cinnamon bark, and osmanthus.

Anteros - Throbbing red musk and shimmering chypre with saffron, sweet patchouli, Italian bergamot, red currant, and vanilla bean.

Ranger - Buckskin accord with Terebinth pine, Russian birch, black ironwood, elder bark, hay, armoise, juniper, patchouli, galangal root, Spanish moss, and cabreuva.

Edited by Balame

I want to try...

1. Candy Phoenix

2. Snow, Glass, Apples

3. Blood Phoenix

4. Red Moon 2004 (I'll be nice and list another more well known... Red! From Fraggle Rock)

5. Velvet Pink Kitty

Honorable Mentions: Crumpet Rebellion, Liz

My Top 5 are:

1) White Rabbit (hands down favorite)

2) Snow White (second favorite)

In no particular order:

Pink Snowballs

Go To Sleep, Darlings

The Last Unicorn

If I can sneak in a sixth and seventh- Dana O'Shee and Dragon's Milk.

Alice, The Hellcat, and The Lion react terribly on my skin.

Ooh! Great thread!

1. Fascinum

2. Spellbound

3. Omen

4. Haunted

5. Lyonesse

Golden Priapus - Vanilla and amber with juniper, rosewood and white pine.

The Raptures and Roses of Vice - Red roses, heady Moroccan musk, cinnamon, lobelia, coconut flesh, magnolia blossoms, and tobacco tar.

Countess Karnstein - Red musk, purple orchid, frankincense, smoky vanilla, Styrian herbs, peru balsam, tonka, Zanzibar clove, and patchouli.

Morocco - Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia.

Pallas Athene - Antiqued amber, cumin, saffron, frankincense, Atlas cedar, myrrh, mandarin, Ceylon cinnamon bark, and osmanthus.

Anteros - Throbbing red musk and shimmering chypre with saffron, sweet patchouli, Italian bergamot, red currant, and vanilla bean.

Ranger - Buckskin accord with Terebinth pine, Russian birch, black ironwood, elder bark, hay, armoise, juniper, patchouli, galangal root, Spanish moss, and cabreuva.

Holy crap some of those sound incredible - thank you!! And how did you know I loved Golden Priapus?? I suspect you're magic :biggrin:

Holy crap some of those sound incredible - thank you!! And how did you know I loved Golden Priapus?? I suspect you're magic :biggrin:

Haha, you're welcome! I suppose I have my moments of magic (though I wish there were more of them). ;) Golden Priapus seemed to tie into Fascinum well, plus you have a theme of woodsiness, musks, amber and vanilla. A nice mix, if I do say so myself! Hope you can track some of them down and enjoy.

Edited by Balame

I love this thread! As a nine year BPALer I still get new awesome ideas.

Current top five:

Blood Kiss

Suck It

Ghoulish

Blood Popsicle (!!!)

Madame Moriarty

The Most Honorable of Mentions: Halloween Las Vegas, Cake Smash and Hellcat. (Looking for velvety, sweet, decadent things.)

1. The Girl
  2. Door
  3. TKO
  4. Black Lace
  5. Boo 2010

Against Idleness and Mischief (kinda like Door but heavier on the honey), Beaver Moon I 2013 (you have some creamy faves and this is delish)

Ooh, I'll have to try those out! Thanks <3

My Top 5 are...

Pink Snowballs

Go To Sleep, Darlings

The Last Unicorn

Dorian - A Victorian fougere with three pale musks and dark, sugared vanilla tea.

Delight and Consternation - Bourbon vanilla, custard accord, white rose, cocoa absolute, oudh, lemon blossom, and skin musk.

The East - Bluebonnet, passion flower, freesia, jasmine tea, mint, thyme, and redcurrant.

Contemplating the Moon Through An Open Window - Milk accord, tuberose, oakmoss, Asian pear, opoponax, and carrot seed.

Vasilissa - Creamy skin musk and blushing pink musk with soft sandalwood, white amber, dutiful myrrh, and star jasmine.

Brood XIX - Tree sap, almond blossoms, moss, hemp, corn stalks, acorn, sweet amber, and rice milk.

Current top 5 in no particular order:

1. Snake Oil

2. Lilith Victoria

3. Morocco

4. Mouse's Long and Sad Tale

5. Lyonesse

Honorable mentions: Le Serpent Qui Danse, Scherezade, Cake Smash, Tamora

Current top five:

Blood Kiss

Suck It

Ghoulish

Blood Popsicle (!!!)

Madame Moriarty

The Most Honorable of Mentions: Halloween Las Vegas, Cake Smash and Hellcat. (Looking for velvety, sweet, decadent things.)

Hey there Fury sugar, sounds like you are singing my song! Have you tried any of the following?

Centzon Totochtin - blood and chocolate and wine

Countess Willie -Chocolate plum musk, red musk, amaretto, candied fruits, and red ginger

Creepy - butterscotch apples

Red Lantern - Amber, coconut, caramel, and black current

and since you said velvety things....

Velvet - sandalwood and cocoa with vanilla

ETA: I love this thread, so fun!!!!

Edited by AlectoFurious

Current top five:

Blood Kiss

Suck It

Ghoulish

Blood Popsicle (!!!)

Madame Moriarty

Hey there Fury sugar, sounds like you are singing my song! Have you tried any of the following?

Centzon Totochtin - blood and chocolate and wine

Countess Willie -Chocolate plum musk, red musk, amaretto, candied fruits, and red ginger

Creepy - butterscotch apples

Red Lantern - Amber, coconut, caramel, and black current

and since you said velvety things....

Velvet - sandalwood and cocoa with vanilla

ETA: I love this thread, so fun!!!!

I have bottles of all but Veil so you are right on the money! Adding to the wishlist! :D

My Top 5 are...

Pink Snowballs

Go To Sleep, Darlings

The Last Unicorn

Dorian - A Victorian fougere with three pale musks and dark, sugared vanilla tea.

Delight and Consternation - Bourbon vanilla, custard accord, white rose, cocoa absolute, oudh, lemon blossom, and skin musk.

The East - Bluebonnet, passion flower, freesia, jasmine tea, mint, thyme, and redcurrant.

Contemplating the Moon Through An Open Window - Milk accord, tuberose, oakmoss, Asian pear, opoponax, and carrot seed.

Vasilissa - Creamy skin musk and blushing pink musk with soft sandalwood, white amber, dutiful myrrh, and star jasmine.

Brood XIX - Tree sap, almond blossoms, moss, hemp, corn stalks, acorn, sweet amber, and rice milk.

Thanks Balame,

I've had Dorian (and have Jareth for that matter.) The East is on my list, but, the others? I'll seriously need to look into those.

My Top 5 are...

Pink Snowballs

Go To Sleep, Darlings

The Last Unicorn

Thanks Balame,

I've had Dorian (and have Jareth for that matter.) The East is on my list, but, the others? I'll seriously need to look into those.

You might also like Ichabod Crane, which is a halloweenie from the 2008 Sleepy Hollow collection. It has a bit of the same vibe as White Rabbit, but with a floral element. It's "Dusty black wool, tea with cream, black pepper, muguet, and beeswax candle drippings."

:smile:

My Top 5 are...

Pink Snowballs

Go To Sleep, Darlings

The Last Unicorn

Thanks Balame,

You might also like Ichabod Crane, which is a halloweenie from the 2008 Sleepy Hollow collection. It has a bit of the same vibe as White Rabbit, but with a floral element. It's "Dusty black wool, tea with cream, black pepper, muguet, and beeswax candle drippings."

:smile:

That sounds awesome! I'll have to see if I can track that down.

This is fun and I would love some new recommendations... would love to find a replacement for Blood Countess!

1. Blood Countess
  2. Tamamo No Mae
  3. Hungry Ghost Moon
  4. Morocco
  5. Neo-Tokyo

I'm also a sucker for O, Snake Charmer, and anything in that realm.

This is fun and I would love some new recommendations... would love to find a replacement for Blood Countess!

1. Blood Countess
  2. Tamamo No Mae
  3. Hungry Ghost Moon
  4. Morocco
  5. Neo-Tokyo

1. The Hanging Garden (also discontinued), maybe Berry Moon? (I like Australian Copperhead's initial berry note, but it doesn't stay)

2. Lovers in a Ricefield

3. Street Festival

4. This is a wild card recommendation, but I found the Coconut Tiare hair gloss made me think of Morrocco. Not that they have the same notes, but they give me a similar impression

5. Holiday Moon

extras: Womb Furie, Le Petit Mort, and Le Lethe.

Thanks for the recos! I have Berry Moon, and love it a ton! I'll have to put the others on my track down list :-)

1. Blood Countess
  2. Tamamo No Mae
  3. Hungry Ghost Moon
  4. Morocco
  5. Neo-Tokyo

1. The Hanging Garden (also discontinued), maybe Berry Moon? (I like Australian Copperhead's initial berry note, but it doesn't stay)

2. Lovers in a Ricefield

3. Street Festival

4. This is a wild card recommendation, but I found the Coconut Tiare hair gloss made me think of Morrocco. Not that they have the same notes, but they give me a similar impression

5. Holiday Moon

extras: Womb Furie, Le Petit Mort, and Le Lethe.

I'm a bit of a newbie and would love some suggestions on what to try next. I haven't sampled a ton but My favs so far are:

1. Mouse's long and sad tale

2. The lion

3. Dana O'Shee

4. Mata Hari

5. Fae

Mouse is absolutely my favorite perfume ever, I've been wearing for a couple years and is my favorite, also bears the distinction of being the only perfume I've tried that my husband has liked.

Some floral (especially rose) tend to be overpowering*sad*

I tend to like amber, vanilla and coffee notes.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

I've been out of the loop for aggggggges so have no idea what is what any more.

Of course all my faves are disconned and almost impossible to get and while I have bottles and backups there will come a day when one runs out :(

In no particular order (ok, that's a lie #1 is #1 for a reason)

1 Quincy Morris

2 The Traveller

3 Rivet Goth

4 Clockwork ♂

5 Infernal Lover - the heavy on the musk one.

Oh, and the Carnaval better come back soon, I'm almost out of Wulric!

Edited by marquis