Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ella LaRose

If your top 5 scents are... Then try these!

Right now my favs are:

The Solider

Herr Drosylmeyer

Totentanz

Black Rider

Lampedes

(One of these things is not like the others. XD)

Right now my favs are:

The Solider

Herr Drosylmeyer

Totentanz

Black Rider

Lampedes

If you like leather, I can warmly recommend trying the Steamworks scent Tarasque. It's a soft, spicy leather :smile:

Oh, and I forgot to add, Picture Books in Winter has a little bit of the same feel as The Soldier, in that it is a bit of leather + a warm overtone of caramel.

Edited by Aviatrix

top 5 here lately: (Been awhile since I've bought btw!)

Illustrated Woman

Banded Sea Snake

Coyote

Haunted

Rapture and Roses of Love

Right now my favs are:

The Solider

Herr Drosylmeyer

Totentanz

Black Rider

Lampedes

If you like leather, I can warmly recommend trying the Steamworks scent Tarasque. It's a soft, spicy leather :smile:

Oh, and I forgot to add, Picture Books in Winter has a little bit of the same feel as The Soldier, in that it is a bit of leather + a warm overtone of caramel.

PBIW was way too foody on me. I super want to hunt down Tarasque, but apparently it's an event only GC?

Right now my favs are:

The Solider

Herr Drosylmeyer

Totentanz

Black Rider

Lampedes

PBIW was way too foody on me. I super want to hunt down Tarasque, but apparently it's an event only GC?

Yes, it's sold at cons and so on. I signed up for an event group order/fairy to buy my bottle, so that might be a possibility to consider, if you're unable to go by yourself?

Right now my favs are:

The Solider

Herr Drosylmeyer

Totentanz

Black Rider

Lampedes

Yes, it's sold at cons and so on. I signed up for an event group order/fairy to buy my bottle, so that might be a possibility to consider, if you're unable to go by yourself?

I'm going to NYCC this year, so I'll be able to pick it up there! Pumped that BPAL is going this year!

Okay, I'll bite.

My top 5 are:

Snake Oil

Brisingamen

Hymn to Proserpine

Bette Noir

Mouse's Long and Sad Tale

Honorable mention to I am Tired of Tears and Laughter, my sleeping oil.

Of those, I've only smelled (and loved) Brisangamen, but if you like that, you might also like Bastet, Bengal, or Anubis.

top 5 here lately: (Been awhile since I've bought btw!)

Illustrated Woman

Banded Sea Snake

Coyote

Haunted

Rapture and Roses of Love

I'm just guessing but you might like to try voodoo, or the apothecary, or alcie from the GC. For the amber/musk combo in haunted you might like bptp eldritch dark

Mine are currently:

Dorian

Oberon

Kumiho

Pumpkin V 2007

Sed Non Satiata

Outsiders: Haunted and Chimera

Haha all of those scents have sex or desire right in the description. Dorian and Kumiho both have delicate tea notes, and several of those have lighter musk notes. Have you tried Smut or Lust? If so how did those work on you?

Mine are currently:

Dorian

Oberon

Kumiho

Pumpkin V 2007

Sed Non Satiata

For Dorian: Jareth, Embalming Fluid.

Kumiho: Baobhan Sith, Aizen-Myoo, Mag Mell,

Pumpkin V 2007: Bakaneko, Pumpkin Queen, Ravenous.

Sed Non Satiata: La Petite Morte, Queen of Sheba.

Mine are currently:

Dorian

Oberon

Kumiho

Pumpkin V 2007

Sed Non Satiata

Haha all of those scents have sex or desire right in the description. Dorian and Kumiho both have delicate tea notes, and several of those have lighter musk notes. Have you tried Smut or Lust? If so how did those work on you?

I've tried Smut and all i get is patchouli stinkfest, sorry :(

I've tried Lust, but i couldn't discern much, but i loved Lust Bonbon instead wub2.gif

Mine are currently:

Dorian

Oberon

Kumiho

Pumpkin V 2007

Sed Non Satiata

I've tried Smut and all i get is patchouli stinkfest, sorry :(

I've tried Lust, but i couldn't discern much, but i loved Lust Bonbon instead wub2.gif

If you liked Lust Bonbon then I have to second Circaea's recommendation for La Petite Mort. I would also second Pumpkin Queen because I love it and I wish more people would wear so I could smell it more. :twisted:

You might also try Bien Loin D’Ici, it's GC and it's similar to Smut without the Patchouli and dirtiness.

I'm new to BPAL, but my top 5 so far are

1. Mouse's Long and Sad Tale

2. Le Serpent Qui Danse

3. Nocturne

4. The Lion

5. Lilac Wood

6. Cottonmouth ---> sorry, coudnt resist adding a 6th!

Currently:

-Jazz Funeral

-Santo Domingo

-Creepy ('08, I think)

-Ephemera

-Santa Muerte

It sounds like you need Elegba, to go with your themes. Along the lines of Santa Muerte, Flowering Chrysanthemums is a great mum scent. Perversion and Havana are must-try's for the booze/tobacco thang. Ephemera is a discontinued violet/floral combo. Maybe Time Does Not Bring Relief. For Creepy, perhaps Punkie Night. You might also give Incubus a try: it's caramel, tobacco, musk and mint.

ETA: oh, and for some reason I thought of Mata Hari. (Maybe it's just your username that's giving me an old-fashioned Vamp vibe.) Oh, and Wanda - wine and leather.

Edited by Circaea

Fun topic! Okay, my top 5 at the moment are...

Coyote

Delphi

Laudanum

Smiling Spider

Stimulating Sassafrass Strengthener

Anybody?

I would love to know what you guys think I may like. Haven't been sure what to try lately!

Top five of the moment:

- Mabon 2010

- Loi Krathong

- The Illustrated Woman

- Witch Dance

- Chimera

Edited by PumpkinGuts

I am new to BPAL, only a few months in. I have tried about 30 scents and my top 5 are

Snake Oil (have already ordered 2 5mls)

Morocco(same, ordered two I know, I'm crazy)

Alice

O

Bliss

I would love to have some other recs before I get my next imp order together!

Sorry to the previous poster because I feel I'm too new to recommend .

If you like Alice you might like Maiden, Fae or Mouse's Long and Sad Tale :smile:

Velvet and Vice are other chocolatey scents that, while not exactly like Bliss have some of the same vibes nonetheless.

I am new to BPAL, only a few months in. I have tried about 30 scents and my top 5 are

Snake Oil (have already ordered 2 5mls)

Morocco(same, ordered two I know, I'm crazy)

Alice

O

Bliss

I would love to have some other recs before I get my next imp order together!

Sorry to the previous poster because I feel I'm too new to recommend .

I would try Scherezade. Its similar enough to Morocco and SO that I think you'll like it (I love all 3!). You may also like Mouse's Long and Sad Tale, Lyonesse, Eat Me, The Black Rider or Hollywood Babylon.