Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ella LaRose

If your top 5 scents are... Then try these!

I am always looking for new so I'll play

Banshee beat

Feed me and fill me with pleasure

The mouses long and sad tale

Mme moriarty

Tombstone

I am always looking for new so I'll play

Banshee beat

Feed me and fill me with pleasure

The mouses long and sad tale

Mme moriarty

Tombstone

Goblin for Banshee Beat

Reflected Vulva for MLAST

Maybe Black Death for Mme Moriarty?

I am not sure for Feed Me nor Tombstone...

I have only tried maybe 100 or so blends, so suggestions are appreciated. So far I have loved these enough to purchase bottles:

1. The Zadok Allen Vineyard (purchasing every bottle I can find! Insanely beautiful!)

2. Centzon Totochtin

3. Dia de los Muertos

4. The Grave Pig

5. Gomorrah

I do have quite a few other bottles, but those are the ones I reach for the most, especially the first two. This is fun, so thanks in advance for the recommendations! Enable away! :)

I have only tried maybe 100 or so blends, so suggestions are appreciated. So far I have loved these enough to purchase bottles:

1. The Zadok Allen Vineyard (purchasing every bottle I can find! Insanely beautiful!)

2. Centzon Totochtin

3. Dia de los Muertos

4. The Grave Pig

5. Gomorrah

I do have quite a few other bottles, but those are the ones I reach for the most, especially the first two. This is fun, so thanks in advance for the recommendations! Enable away! :)

Have you tried Kali? (blend of the sacred blooms of cassia, hibiscus, musk rose, Himalayan wild tulip, lotus and osmanthus swirled with offertory dark chocolate, red wine, tobacco, balsam and honey.)<- has chocolate and wine notes similar to centzon totochtin. I'd be a more complex change of pace from just chocolate and red wine. Reviews here

For Zadok Allen Vineyard, I heard the She Crushes for Dead Men Deadly Wine (Poppy wine, chthonic incense, Balm of Gilead, and pomegranate.) was similar. Maybe pomegranate isn't your thing, though. Reviews here

Now the above are out of stock as of right now, unfortunately. :(

If you like red wine, I would recommend Athens (voluptuous myrrh, golden honey, red wine, and sweet flowers.) Your skin chemistry has a huge factor into how this blend turns out. On myself, Athens is a honey-sweetened red wine (yum!). On my sister, it was just myrrh and honey. Definitely worth trying, at least. Reviews here

You seem to like chocolate/tobacco/booze blends so I also recommend Perversion (Smoky rum and black tobacco with a whisper of steamy leather with a splash of crystalline chardonnay, layered over a sensual, sweet, and deceptively magnetic base of tonka.) Reviews here

Now, this one is only if you like roses: Lilith (Red wine, myrrh, black musk, and attar of rose.) It's one of my favorite GC's. a fresh rose saturated with red wine :yum: Again skin chemistry is a factor here. Reviews here

Re: a World Where There Are Octobers... I've actually got that one! and you're right, it's lovely. :) Thanks!

Have you tried Kali? (blend of the sacred blooms of cassia, hibiscus, musk rose, Himalayan wild tulip, lotus and osmanthus swirled with offertory dark chocolate, red wine, tobacco, balsam and honey.)<- has chocolate and wine notes similar to centzon totochtin. I'd be a more complex change of pace from just chocolate and red wine. Reviews here

For Zadok Allen Vineyard, I heard the She Crushes for Dead Men Deadly Wine (Poppy wine, chthonic incense, Balm of Gilead, and pomegranate.) was similar. Maybe pomegranate isn't your thing, though. Reviews here

Now the above are out of stock as of right now, unfortunately. :(

If you like red wine, I would recommend Athens (voluptuous myrrh, golden honey, red wine, and sweet flowers.) Your skin chemistry has a huge factor into how this blend turns out. On myself, Athens is a honey-sweetened red wine (yum!). On my sister, it was just myrrh and honey. Definitely worth trying, at least. Reviews here

You seem to like chocolate/tobacco/booze blends so I also recommend Perversion (Smoky rum and black tobacco with a whisper of steamy leather with a splash of crystalline chardonnay, layered over a sensual, sweet, and deceptively magnetic base of tonka.) Reviews here

Now, this one is only if you like roses: Lilith (Red wine, myrrh, black musk, and attar of rose.) It's one of my favorite GC's. a fresh rose saturated with red wine :yum: Again skin chemistry is a factor here. Reviews here

Kali and Perversion are on my Wishlist, as well as Athens. Lilith sounds beautiful. I am scared of roses, but mixed with wine? It just might work. I think I was subjected to too many fake rose scents in commercial perfumes as a child. However, a real rose is a lovely scent.

I am so sad I didn't get She Crushes for Dead Men Deadly Wine. I am on the waitlist for it and I think I am going to have to search the forum for a decant - it sounds perfect!

Thanks for the reply, perfect recs I believe! :)

2. Centzon Totochtin

3. Dia de los Muertos

4. The Grave Pig

5. Gomorrah

If you like The Grave Pig - you might want to check out Strangler Fig - they have the same fig note, but Strangler Fig has *more* of it, and also is a very earthy blend.

I am scared of roses, but mixed with wine? It just might work. I think I was subjected to too many fake rose scents in commercial perfumes as a child. However, a real rose is a lovely scent.

I too am picky about roses. But Lilith, and other blends with attar of rose I find, work out for me.

A bonus rec: The Rose is probably the truest rose I've smelled so far. Held the imp next to my rose bush, couldn't tell the difference :D Then there's Rose Red, but The Rose is GC!

If you like The Grave Pig - you might want to check out Strangler Fig - they have the same fig note, but Strangler Fig has *more* of it, and also is a very earthy blend.

Oh yes! I love Strangler Fig! One of my top 10 for sure :) I have a bottle of it that I layer with Gomorrah.

I love the earthy ones I have tried. I wish Down the Rabbit Hole came in a perfume oil as well as a room spray! The mix of dirt and sweet orange marmalade is delightfully child-like and whimsical innocence. I spray my Enkelsohn's room with it all the time. I have a bottle of Destroying Angel too, but I need to explore more earthy/dirt blends. Thanks for the rec!

A bonus rec: The Rose is probably the truest rose I've smelled so far. Held the imp next to my rose bush, couldn't tell the difference :D Then there's Rose Red, but The Rose is GC!

I added The Rose to my list, but as a gift for my daughter. She adores good rose scents. I think she will love this based on what you said. Thank you!

I love the earthy ones I have tried. I wish Down the Rabbit Hole came in a perfume oil as well as a room spray! The mix of dirt and sweet orange marmalade is delightfully child-like and whimsical innocence. I spray my Enkelsohn's room with it all the time. I have a bottle of Destroying Angel too, but I need to explore more earthy/dirt blends. Thanks for the rec!

Have you ever tried Death Cap? I generally don't like earthy scents, but that one was surprisingly lovely.

Have you ever tried Death Cap? I generally don't like earthy scents, but that one was surprisingly lovely.

No, but after just reading the reviews, it went on my list too. Sounds like the dirt and fungus of Destroying Angel with a sweetness added! I accidentally layered Snake Oil and Destroying Angel the other day and loved it. I wonder if thus would be similar. I certainly sounds lovely, so thanks for the rec!

2. Centzon Totochtin

3. Dia de los Muertos

4. The Grave Pig

5. Gomorrah

You may like - in the GC Urd, Tezcatlipoca, lady MacBeth

In LE, you could try Mictecacihuatl and calaveras, if you liked dia de Los muertos and also for the vineyard experience you could try mason and Jenkins port jelly.

Good luck on your findings :-)

I posted before but I have decently varied tastes, so I'd love to hear some more recs. :) Another top five:

Jacob's Ladder ... Golden amber, galbanum, benzoin, ambrette, rockrose, costus and tonka.

Hungry Ghost Moon ... Ginger candy, sugar cane, smoky vanilla and rice wine mingle with a ghost's perfume of white sandalwood, ho wood, ti, white grapefruit, crystalline musk and aloe. This scent is tapered by the presence of seven herbs, woods and resins used in the purification of the spirit and the purging of earthly concerns from the soul.

Fairy Wine ... An ethereal vintage, steeped with dandelion, honey, and red currants.

Y'ha-Nthlei ... The deepest marine notes with bergamot, eucalyptus and foamy ambergris.

Go to Sleep, Darlings ... 
Kiss-soft clouds of spun-sugar snow.

I posted before but I have decently varied tastes, so I'd love to hear some more recs. :) Another top five:

Jacob's Ladder ... Golden amber, galbanum, benzoin, ambrette, rockrose, costus and tonka.

Hungry Ghost Moon ... Ginger candy, sugar cane, smoky vanilla and rice wine mingle with a ghost's perfume of white sandalwood, ho wood, ti, white grapefruit, crystalline musk and aloe. This scent is tapered by the presence of seven herbs, woods and resins used in the purification of the spirit and the purging of earthly concerns from the soul.

Fairy Wine ... An ethereal vintage, steeped with dandelion, honey, and red currants.

Y'ha-Nthlei ... The deepest marine notes with bergamot, eucalyptus and foamy ambergris.

Go to Sleep, Darlings ... 
Kiss-soft clouds of spun-sugar snow.

Ok- from the top:

If you like Jacobs ladder, you may want to try Cleric.

For hungry ghost moon, (this is a bit of a stab in the dark, given that I haven't smelled it but am guessing by the notes) but try sudha segara or Gingerbread snake.

For fairy wine, you could try blood kiss, or fairy market if you can find it.

For yha-nth lei, perhaps Macchu pichu might be fun or Alcie.

And to me go to sleep, darlings is very similar to Snow White and also is slightly reminiscent of boo.

But for some other random stuff that I'm guessing based on synthesis of the fragrances, I will suggest Juliet, absinthe, nymphia, Alice, tweedledee, thousands of lights, pandy, door, lyonesse, and kuang shi. Good luck with your search :-)

Ok- from the top:

If you like Jacobs ladder, you may want to try Cleric.

For hungry ghost moon, (this is a bit of a stab in the dark, given that I haven't smelled it but am guessing by the notes) but try sudha segara or Gingerbread snake.

For fairy wine, you could try blood kiss, or fairy market if you can find it.

For yha-nth lei, perhaps Macchu pichu might be fun or Alcie.

And to me go to sleep, darlings is very similar to Snow White and also is slightly reminiscent of boo.

But for some other random stuff that I'm guessing based on synthesis of the fragrances, I will suggest Juliet, absinthe, nymphia, Alice, tweedledee, thousands of lights, pandy, door, lyonesse, and kuang shi. Good luck with your search :-)

Thanks so much! I have a few of these on my wishlist already but I don't know how I passed up a few of your GC picks like Alcie or Tweedledee. I'll start the search. :)

I'm glad I could enable, I mean, be of assistance.

I want to try this one :-)

It was really REALLY hard to narrow it down to five.

But:

Snake Oil

Fairy Market

Jezebel

Callidora

Blood Kiss

Edited by JasminDreams2010

I'm glad I could enable, I mean, be of assistance.

It was really REALLY hard to narrow it down to five.

But:

Snake Oil

Fairy Market

Jezebel

Callidora

Blood Kiss

If you like Jezebel, you might like Paramatman (Orange blossom, East Indian sandalwood, and champaca)

For Fairy Market, maybe Poisson d'Avril? (Lenten rose, crested iris, Virginia bluebell, primrose, moss phlox, blue crocus, daffodil, and dewy tulip with a touch of sugar blossom and honey)

I also did this a while back, but I thought I'd try some more of my favorite scents (does anyone have just 5?)

--Scherezade

--Kathmandu

--Hymn to Proserpine

--Peacock Queen

--Sudha Segara

Edited by non_boingy

Snake Oil: Mme. Moriarty, Snake Charmer, Halloween: Las Vegas

Fairy Market: Tristran, The East, Butterflies, Flowers and Jewels Attending, Midnight on the Midway

Jezebel: Catherine, Womb Furie, Pandy

Callidora: Centzon Totochtin, La Mano del Destino, Lucy, Kissed

Blood Kiss: Bloodlust, Three Cocks, VILF, Countess Willie

I also did this a while back, but I thought I'd try some more of my favorite scents (does anyone have just 5?)

No one who's been around longer than a day. :lol:

Kathmandu: Cathedral, A Demonstration of Affectionate Excitement, Magus, Scrappy Damsel

Hymn to Proserpine: Philosopher in Meditation, Ezekiel's Phoenix, September Midnight

Peacock Queen: Kurukulla, Two, Five and Seven,

Sudha Segara: Bezoar, Bengal, Queen of Sheba, Dragon's Milk, Alice

Edited by Balame

I'd like to try, new recs are great, especially GC's!

So... Top 5:

The Apothecary

Mary Shelley

No. 93 Engine

Oblivion

Men Ringing Bells with Penises

And close runners-up: Ameles Potamos, Kumiho, Pele, Baruch's Phoenix, and Day of the Skulls.

I wish Down the Rabbit Hole came in a perfume oil as well as a room spray!

It Does!

Sorry about the hijack, I'm just showering you with good news. :lol:

Yes, I have the room spray. It's my favorite. I wish it came in a perfume oil as well is what I meant :) - or am I missing something? I spray my jackets with it, but I would slather it on if I could buy a bottle of oil. Wait, are you saying I should/can/it's safe to just wear it like my bpal oils?! *squee*

You may like - in the GC Urd, Tezcatlipoca, lady MacBeth

In LE, you could try Mictecacihuatl and calaveras, if you liked dia de Los muertos and also for the vineyard experience you could try mason and Jenkins port jelly.

Good luck on your findings :-)

Thanks so much for the recs! I have never even heard of Mason & Jenkins Port Jelly. What fun! I am off to read about them now. It's like a fabulously scented treasure hunt!

Edited by Jensen

I'd like to try, new recs are great, especially GC's!

So... Top 5:

The Apothecary

Mary Shelley

No. 93 Engine

Oblivion

Men Ringing Bells with Penises

And close runners-up: Ameles Potamos, Kumiho, Pele, Baruch's Phoenix, and Day of the Skulls.

Since bpal descriptions have proven unpredictable for me - of these scents, I have only smelled the apothecary.

I can make an educated guess on 93 engine that you might like Mage or Cleric. Otherwise, not sure.

But if you like the apothecary, you might like twinkle twinkle little bat, water of notre dame, high john the conqueror (which is total magic, btw), lovers in the tea house, and possibly absinthe or Thalia.

By the way, thanks for the suggestions. I do want to try mme. Moriarty.

Edited by JasminDreams2010

Okay, I'll bite.

My top 5 are:

Snake Oil

Brisingamen

Hymn to Proserpine

Bette Noir

Mouse's Long and Sad Tale

Honorable mention to I am Tired of Tears and Laughter, my sleeping oil.