Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

Rose-ampers discuss. What rose scents can you wear?

So those who amp rose, can you make some reccies? :)

I amp rose like crazy. It's one of my favorite notes, but I do sometimes feel wary of buying more rose blends because I don't want them all to just smell like ROSE!!!! on me. With that said, I don't amp the rose in Godfather Death (I'm not sure I even smell it) or Wanda, and The Raptures and Roses of Vice is a very balanced and lovely scent on my skin as well.

There are only a few rose blends in my collection of sweet,dark resins and wood notes. It seems that if it is coupled by vanilla, sweet notes, resin, and woods it can be ok. Sometimes strawberry too..

Pink Lace: Delicate tea rose and strawberry-laced vanilla stained by tobacco, champaca incense, and white cognac.

Lilith's Tea Party: Imaginary génoise cakes, imaginary trifle (with imaginary rosewater, imaginary Madeira and imaginary strawberries), imaginary macaroons, and imaginary Devonshire tea served in an imaginary garden surrounded by one-thousand imaginary flowers.

Red Rose: Red rose buds, with amber, clove, tonka, Indian musk, fir, and tobacco.

Ysabel: Red carnation, red roses, Spanish cedar, velvet musk, pomegranate, clove, and incense.

Hope that helps.