Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
OneMoreFilthySeaShanty

I Feel the Need! (For Smells)

Hi there loves!

I have been exploring the lovely land of BPAL for a while but am having a hard time finding things that I like and that don't go wholly wonky on my body chemistry! I'm hoping y'all can help me out. So far my only love is GIANT VULVA (of course), so anything that is comparable to that would be wonderful. I love that skin but better, sweet but not too sweet, creamy, heady almost floral thing it has going on. The way it hits the back of the throat is similar to Alkmaar from Lush- I'm looking for that second, sexy, feminine skin scent.

Any help at all is appreciated!!

Best,

Cat

Your Description of Giant Vulva made me think of Young Pine Saplings (Cream, clove, ginger, and honey.) which is another Luper from I *think* the same year. I know for some people the cream went sour and it threatens to do that to me sometimes but for the most part it's cream with soft spices and a touch of golden honey.

It sounds like the Lupers might be a good place for you to start. A lot of them have a similar feel to them. That creamy, skin scent with flowers thing that only every once in a while works for me. But if that's the feel you're going for maybe try the Lupers, especially the Shungas.

If you don't mind a little leather in the mix maybe try Sara Pezzini (A hint of leather and an understated vintage musk layered over the scent of lightly perspiring, honey-dusted skin.) For me it's mainly "honey dusted skin", which is a perfect description for that scent, with a tiny bit of smooth, warm leather.

using the Lab's new fabulous search page I peeked at honeycomb and honey scents… the two that popped out at me as soft skin scents were

Dana O'Shea and Door

obatala is a sweet gentle skin scent but to my nose the coconut makes it a just washed off the suntan lotion but it is still lingering…. a summer day skin scent to me. It is lovely

Defututa is a definite favorite of mine. I am not sure it is a gentle skin scent. I might amp something in it tho.... it reads as very heady to my nose. But I second the suggestion in regards to it's beauty.

Try to find some aged Defututa if you can. When it's fresh the cinnamon can be quite powerful, but aged is just perfect.

Also:

Haunted: Soft golden amber darkened with a touch of murky black musk (gentler than it sounds)

Euphrosyne: Gardenia, tea rose, vanilla and jasmine

Against Idleness & Mischief: Pollen-dusted honey, diligent tonka, steadfast chamomile, and goodly hyssop (similar to Light of Men's Lives, but lighter and softer)

Good: Shimmering celestial musk with vanilla, white honey, acacia, and sugar cane

Neutral: A flawless skin musk

(^All GC)

Edited by BoneBone24

Y'all are AMAZING! I have so many things to hunt down and sniff! Thanks a ton!

I actually had an imp of Defututa in my twee imp box- initially the smell in the bottle made my brain go into immediate "DENIED." mode, but I pulled it out and gave it a go on my wrist.

My skin chemistry has proceeded to do this very strange thing where I now smell a bit like a woman who works at a daycare center, had a proclivity for florals and just got done changing a diaper- dirty, a bit on the plastic side, a little floral and some SERIOUS powder (which unfortunately, is the major deal breaker).

DAMN. MY. PHEROMONES.

Edited by OneMoreFilthySeaShanty

Sign in to follow this