Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
VictoryXo

reccomend for me! (fave: Jailbait; aunt caroline joy; eden; jailbait)

Hey there;

I am looking for some new scents to try.

my favorites are Jailbait; aunt caroline joy mojo; eden; jailbait. I also really like Heusos de santos and bliss.

I am not a fan of musky, incensy, or the powdery scents. I seem to really like the sweet; honey; figish; candy; rose; orange; caramel; anise type of scents. Any recommended for me? perferably not limited editions, so i can try with imps first :)

Thanks so much!

Edited by VictoryXo

You may love Miskatonic University. To me it's very strongly caramel and coffee with a lovely undercurrent of wood and paper.

The Red Queen is a really pretty cherry dominant scent. There are wood notes in there but overall it's pretty sweet and juicy to my nose. :)

If you can find a decant on the forum of Red from Fraggle Rock that's another nice fruity scent.

Others I would recommend are Vice, Prunella, Bordello, O, Bon Vivant, Dana O'Shee, Bastet, Elegba, Obatala, Eat Me, Tis The Voice of the Lobster, Chokecherry Honey, Dorian, and Cockaigne :)

I hope that helps!

You might like:

• Eden (fig leaf, fig fruit, honeyed almond milk, toasted coconut, sandalwood) (somehow didn't catch that this was in your description, d'oh)
  • Eve (apple blossom, rose, ylang ylang, honey)
  • Jezebel (honey, roses, orange blossom, sandalwood)
  • Maenad (strawberry, orange blossom, carnation, black poppy, hibiscus)
  • Swank (a crisp pomegranate martini)

Edited by vthesiren

For GC's that haven't already been mentioned, try Hollywood Babylon, O, High Strung Daisies, and Mouse's Long and Sad Tale. I know you aren't looking for LEs, but if you peruse the For Sale section here on the forum, check out the Beaver Moons (esp. 2007), Pink Lace, Sugar Skull, Gollettes, Plastic Pink Flamingo, Velvet Unicorn, the Sugar Moons...I bet you could find some decants of most of these. I would also check out this recommendations section for the threads on candy/sweet scents and gourmand- there are tons more that I'm not thinking of!

ETA: I typed LE where I should have said GC.

Edited by VioletFemme

Pandy: fresh white musk, honeycomb, sweet apricot, elemi, orange blossom, and mischievous pink pepper. I don't think it's overly musky or powdery (though I love those things!).

Edited by lookingglass

All of these are GC, reviews linked:

Gomorrah: Ripe fig, date and currant with black herbs.

The black herbs aren't as scary as they sound, it's mostly very warm and figgy.

Bordello: Bawdy plum with amaretto, burgundy wine and black currant.

Somehow it smells like watermelon candy to me. There are several reviews that agree so it might work for you.

'Tis the Voice of the Lobster: A woody, musky-weird base glooping over with blackberry preserves, a twist of mandarin, strawberry juice, pulverized watermelon, and a handful of smushed gardenia petals.

Very sweet and fruity.

Thalia: Plumeria, pear and white champagne.

One of my favorites, very light and sweet.

Bon Vivant: An effervescent blend of crystalline champagne notes and sweet strawberry.

Smells like strawberry soda, bright and fizzy and sweet.

Kyoto: A gentle, soothing blend of cherry blossom, white sandalwood and star anise.

Sweet and also has a nice edge from the anise.

High-Strung Daisies: Daisy, pink carnation, pink pepper, and sugar.

Smells like some kind of pink candy, a little like bubblegum.

Ladon: dragon’s blood resin, golden apple, apple blossom, white musk and hyacinth.

I am biased and Ladon is my favorite ever but it really very sweet and fruity.

Edited by Angelized

Obatala is soft and lovely: Obatala’s ofrenda is soft, white and pure: milk, coconut meat, shea butter and cool, refreshing water. Edited by Ahania

If sweet & fruity are favorites, I think you'd really like Titania (A nocturnal bounty of fae dew-kissed petals and pale fruits: white grape, white peach, iced pear, musk rose, sweet pea, moonflower and snapdragon.) It's sweet, juicy & pretty.

If you like the idea of a creamsicle (orange + vanilla ice cream), I highly recommend Gobo. It fades on skin, but stays lovely when applied to fabric or (lightly) to hair.

Thank you so much everyone! wow didn't expect so many replies so quickly! I cant wait to place my next order and try out some new scents and find some new favs! :):)

I know that you've alredy gotten a whole lot of good reccomendations, but just adding one thing.

Lady MacBeth is a very sweet, juicy, red/purple fruit scent. To me it's mostly berries and currants with a bit of red wine.

Sign in to follow this