Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kashmira

Sweets to the Sweet

Sugar upon sugar, honey upon honey: white cane sugar and honey absolute.

This is one time when the scent description and the actual oil do seem a bit different from one another. I was expecting a super sweet honey scent, similar to O, except 100x sweeter. Instead, in the bottle, I smell sweet lemon oil -- bright citrus-y lemon+ sugar. On my skin, it goes straight to lemon with an undertone that to my mind seems chalky, waxy(I perceive scents in texture/colour). The more I sniff it, the more I realise this oils smells like the lemon part of Fruit Loops. Overall, I like this one and can see this being quite nice for warmer temperatures, though the disparity between the scent description and the actual notes did take me by surprise.

Sweets to the Sweet smells like my favorite sugar from BPAL, the one in Midway. It's like the dusty, crack sweetness of Midway with out any of the other smells. Wet, it's reminding me of gummi-bears, and it takes about a half hour before I can smell any of the honey. I am definitely getting that lemon oil thing.

In the bottle - A gentle honey with a rich treacly undertone

Wet on me - A sweet almost lemony fizzy sherbet scent

Dry on me - A sweet soft floral honey with an almost anise-like undertone

Overall - Whilst I do like this I don't love it as much as I expected to

I am getting sweet lemony honey incense - reminds me of a Lush (the company) smell. Very pretty but I don't think I'll ever wear it - off to swaps. :( (would have loved this as a bath product)

I was taken by surprise by this one. The notes don't really match the scent.

In the bottle: Citrus and a bit sweet.

Wet: Sharp lemon. The kind that clears out your nostrils.

Dry: Lemon dies down but still pretty strong. Like Kashmira, I'm getting a bit of a Fruit Loops thing going on but creamier. It smells more like a combo of lemon/bergamot. I'm also getting a sweet tea from this. Unexpected but lovely since I do love citrus scents.

In bottle: I would swear there was anise in it, but I think it’s a figment of the place the honey and sugar combines. It’s pretty much what it says, honey and sugar cane. Wet: There is a hint of the floral about the honey and I think that’s what I was ready as anise, some accidental accord. The effect is simple and sweet and sticky, very spring, somehow. Could the floral element be orange blossom, because orange blossom honey is what it smells like. The soprano of the sugar twines beautifully with the alto of the honey with the floral grace notes floating through. Dry: Mostly sugar with a kiss of honey.

On wet, its sugary lemon candy that reminds me alot to Lemon Scented Sticky Bat.

As it dries, I get less lemon and more of a straight up honey and rock sugar blend.

Sweet, candy, honey.

In the bottle: Not sure how to describe this scent, actually. I want to say it's almost... boozy, somehow? Kind of like what I get with Sugar Skull, only not so strong.

On skin, wet: Candied lemon! Weird! This is not what I expected at all either from the description OR what it smelled like in the bottle.

On skin, dry: Still pretty lemony, but there's an undertone now that I suspect is honey. It's still a bit faint, but it's there.

After an hour: Yes, definitely honey now. The lemon is almost entirely gone at this point, leaving basically a pure honey note. Which is pretty much exactly what I hoped for! I may still try this up again Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat, just to see how they compare head-to-head, but so far I'm quite glad I sprang for a bottle unsniffed.

The comparisons to Sticky Bat are on point, to me.

This is like Sticky Bat + Honey, with the lemon drifting a little more herbal than the candy lemon in Sticky Bat.

It reminds me a little of those honey + lemon cough drops, but not in a bad way.

Since I already own a bottle of Sticky Bat, I don't think I'd seek out more of this. The lemon aspect of this scent was definitely a surprise to me, since I tested my decant before reading these reviews.

Sweet, but with a slight citrus twist, to me anyways:) It's a lot like Fresh's Brown Sugar, a scent that I love on others, but not so much myself. This does get slightly dusty after awhile, but it's still a really great scent, and it's more sweet than dusty. I do see the comparison to Sticky Bat, too. I do like this, but Knockout Drops is one of my favourites in this scent category. That being said, I'll probably use up my decant, it's pretty good:)

In the decant: Lemony honey... but the more I sniff it, the more I think of a lemon drop.

Wet: Sweet lemony candy.

Dry: The honey seems to have won out over the sugar, so now it is a lemony honey again.

Much later, the sugar seems to be the dominant note, but the lemony honey is still present. I like this phase of the scent the most.

Verdict: I'm glad that I was able to try this, and that I didn't get the anise-like note that some of the other reviewers mentioned. It's pleasant, but I don't think that I need a bottle of it.

I wish that this smelled like candy or froot loops on me, but the lemon and honey combo is a bit sharp and reminds me of cough drops or a medicinal lemon & honey flavored tea for colds. Not for me.

Straight up Domino's white sugar with sticky honey. The honey is a bit cloying but at least it isn't musty on my skin. Not a fan of this at all. PASS.

Edited by Dark Alice

I never reviewed this, bad me. This was a gift to me, with a wink, as I tend to turn most things sweet anyway.

I love this, it's a delicate sweet sugar scent, kind of perfect and light hearted without being silly.

Imp: a rather dry sweetness, like powdered honey over powdered sugar.

Wet: Lemon! It's not quite the lemon pledge that my skin does to a lot of things. Perhaps lemon icing? It is surpisingly citrus-y.

Dry: Wax. A clean wax, almost like church candles. It's a bright paraffin smell, with no colour scent (yes really) or aroma added. It's nice in a way, but not what I wanted.

I've had this for a long while, hoping that the lemon note would settle a little. It initially smells like lemon drops, all sugary and tart, but with wearing the lemon note fades to a bright, but note overpowering, spark in the centre of it. The sugar reminds me of making toffee - that magic moment when the sugar melts, but before it starts to brown. The honey note is deep and warm, forming the base for the perfume balance. It's a rich honey, rather than a bright honey, and manages to ground the sugary lemon explosion.

Top note: candied lemon; heart note: melted sugar; base note, honey.

Wet this smells like honey-lemon, as others have mentioned.

Dry it is nondescript sweetness. Quite nice, but nothing special on me. I do think this would be perfect for layering.

the honey and sugar are light and sweet, however over time the lemon becomes a little acidic and overpowering. this one totally changes depending on when i wear it during my cycle, at some points it's spun sugar and honey, other times straight up lemon that has almost turned.

Some days there is lemon, other days there isn't. Today, that mysterious lemony quality has decided to hang out in the background and let the sugar and honey shine. Lemon was always prominent when the bottle was brand new, and yet I've only had it for about three months, which makes me think the lemon might mellow even more.

I love lemon and I find this to be one of the most wearable honeys from the Lab, so I don't mind at all either way. The scent lasts most of the day and it's not overpowering. It's everything I hoped it would be!

Honeyed sugar single note. When it was first applied I definitely noticed a lemon scent, my first thought was sour candy. A little like beeswax as it starts to fade. 

It stays pretty close to the skin, I'm sure this would work well for layering if you want to sweeten up a perfume. Doubt I'll wear this too much on it's own though.