Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
kashmira

Smutty Goblin Hair Gloss

A goblin’y take on Smut! Smutty Goblin Musk sweetened with sugar and tonka, and woozy with dark booze notes.

I simply couldn't wait to try this straight out of the mailbox. This, by far and large, is one of the most fantastic HG scents I have ever tried. To me, it is like the best brown sugary parts of Sugar Skull decided to have a romp in bed with the best musk(and non grapey) notes of Smut. It's slightly boozy and I'm so overcome with joy that I'm feeling kinda woozy!

I'm thrilled to pieces with this HG. :wub2:

This is my third hair gloss. Truthfully, I don't use that much hair gloss. It's not for lack of trying or anything, I just usually keep my hair in braids or a ponytail, so my gloss needs only happen once every week or two. But when I saw that Smut was showing up in the mix, I just couldn't resist- and I could not be more delighted with the chance I've taken!

First of all, there's the scent that's up close and personal in my hair, and then there's a *different* scent, which is the cloud that's hanging out in a halo around me- and those two scents are actually pretty different.

The halo scent is All Smut, All The Time. It's the red musk booziness that continues to make Smut on my top 10 list year after year.

But up close, grabbing a fistful of my hair is where something quite interesting happens. The tonka note is so richly resin-vanilla that it becomes almost chocolatey- but not foody. And then there is indeed that sugar note from Sugar Skull- a particular sugar note, that is. Most BPAL sugar notes amp like crazy on me, but this one stays put and has an almost burnt toffee aspect to it that is just perfect with all the rich treat and booze notes here.

On my mane, as with the other HGs, a little goes a long way- start with a spritz or two and layer on more if you really feel like you need it (I didn't. 2 was plenty for all my long hair.)

In all, a lovely item. I predict this will have it's own cult following! :D

I smell brown sugar and maybe a dark musk with some booze. I do not smell Red Musk (which I was hoping for - Smut) but this is still nice, even though it doesn't smell like Smut or Goblin lol.

ETA I like this very much...it just isn't what I expected. :-)

Edited by Herb Girl

Is this what Smut is supposed to smell like? Because on my skin, Smut is awful - sugary notes simply don't work with my chemistry. In my hair, OTOH, it smells like ten orgasms. I loooooooove this. I suppose the Goblin-ified version that we have here is a bit different than the classic Smut oil, but what I'm getting is all sweet, musky goodness. Super sexy, deep, and rich.

I have a problem, because I now have enough hair gloss for an army...but I will probably need to snag a backup or two. Smutty Goblin is just that delicious.

Yup. Chocolate brown sugar smut. It's incredible.

Also, incidentally, it matches really well with all of the light and airy Shungas (which of course I was frantically testing at the same time as soon as I could rip the boxes open, haha).

Well, phooey! I was too impatient to wait for the decant circle, so I purchased this, knowing that I *really do not* like red musk. I was kinda hoping it wouldn't be a dominant note. BUT, to my nose, it is! The reviewers who haven't detected the red musk might not amp it like I do. I even amp it on my HAIR. I think I even amp it IN MY NOSE!

I don't know what it is about red musk, but it has what I call "the roofing tar effect". It doesn't smell anything like roofing tar, in fact I think it actually smells pretty nice - in the bottle - at first. Then, it begins to have that slight nauseating effect similar to what roofing tar does to me, but it still actually smells nice! Weird chemistry.

Other than the red musk, it has a luscious brown-sugar-baked scent, vanilla, spice, anise(?), and maybe the barest eensy bit of patchouli.

It really is a lovely scent, but not to me. Can't explain it any better than that.

I think the Goblins tricked me.

My beloved Smut has been replaced with caramel/ brown sugar hair gloss and no sweet red musk to be found. It screams like dessert to me. This would be perfect for someone who loves foody scents. Unfortunately, its not for me.

Sorry Goblins........

Caramel corn. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Sticky, slightly boozy, woozy with caramel popcorn balls.

This is making me hungry!

I was expecting Smut in hair gloss form, but what I got was brown sugar and cake :( Doesn't smell like Smut, there's maybe a tiny hint of patchouli, so brown sugar, caramel, cake and patchouli, which sounds nice, but it's not doing anything for me. I love Smut and am rather disappointed in this one, I wish there were more musk and less sweetness and NO caramel.

I thought this scent might be more on the musky side, but what I got was a very sugary/caramel vanilla richness with an overtone of booze. It reminds me a lot of Red Lantern mixed with Grog.

This is definitely a dark sugar and caramel scent, predominantly. Rich, sweet, and foody. Once it's had time to settle down in my hair a bit, I get some of the musk. Like all the glosses, it's sadly very faint on me.

Hmm... Count me among those wondering why this doesnt smell like Smut :huh?: All I get is cake and burnt sugar of doom-- one of the worst Lab notes for my chemistry unfortunately.. it's interesting to discover that caramel/burnt sugar also smells like dusty plastic death applied to my hair, as it does applied to my skin.

This is definitely nothing like Smut or Goblin. It is a completely different scent of its own. Basically a sugary musk, more than a hint of brown sugar in there. Some of the same sugar in Silkybat, but not a hint of red musk or patchouli. It would be nice but I already have so many other hair glosses that are even better that my decant will suffice.

edited 4/10 for updated info: Well this isinteresting. I applied Smutty Goblin this morning ti my dry, day-after-shampooed hair and IT SMELLED LIKE SMUT! Seriously, I could smell the boozey sugary Smut-musk in my hair all day long. Maybe this one needs some aging to become a fabulous Smutty Goblin. Much better than my initial impression.

Edited by Poenari

Brown sugary, spicy sweetness. At first I thought chocolate, but brown sugar is a better description. I am getting the musks from Smut and Goblin's coconut, but it is really nothing like either scent, both of which I tried and didn't care for. It's not unlike the Sudsy Furball bath oil in the type of foodiness, with the same sort of chocoaltey spice and overall warmth, but it also is very different.

This on the other hand is frisky, warm and playful. Not at all as dark as I thought it might be with musks and patchouli in it, and this serves the scent well. I dusted the tiniest bit from my bottle (the decant I got was separated to avoid leaking and it went home in the packing so all I had was a tiny bit of oil left in the empty bottle) and it is still wafting around me in a wonderful cloud of lushness. Getting out what little drops remain so I can get some so my body smells nice too!

Must hunt down more of this if I can. :wub2:

:heart: Love. True love. My hair and the area around my head smells so damn good.

I do smell teh Smut for sure. It’s there, boozy, glorious and strong but there is a brown sugar gooey note that is just as strong. This is scent heaven. I think i am going to need more than just one bottle.

This is the first hair gloss that is almost overpowering on me. Happily, this comes out as a mist. Unhappily, it needs enough sprayed that it becomes almost TOO much sweetness for my nose. I will keep using it, but I'm worried the girl will use it more. SHE gets the smut scent.

So, I'm getting a sweet, not really brown sugar, but more of a turbinado sugar with the tonka slaughtering any other possible scents. On the girl, it starts off completely all red musk, booze, and patchouli. (I am so lucky that the school did not call me about her wearing that) It faded to a gentle hint of sugary-ness and musk. And, this was from spraying one after the other. I also must say that this one lasts for a couple of days on both of us.

Oh man, this one is caramel burnt sugar musk. And it smells amazing on my hair. And I may need more.

YUP. Color me surprised.

Mmm, I wish Smut smelled like this on me. Musk, and caramelized sugar. SEXAY. I immediately feel the need to find more of this (I only have a tester). Thanks so much to the lovely who sent me this to try - Smut is horrid on me, so I wouldn't have thought to try this, but so glad I did, it's amazing on me.