Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sweet pea, cherry blossoms, and sugared cream.

In the bottle when it first arrived: Upon opening the bottle, I get the sweet pea note. I have the single note, so I know it is the main floral I am getting in the bottle. However, the sugared cream note makes it a sweeter sweet pea (if that makes sense). I can smell another floral in the background that must be the cherry blossom. This is really promising!

In the bottle a few days later: The cherry blossom note is far more prominent after the blend has settled for a few days. However, I can still detect the sweet pea note.

Wet: I can detect all of the notes, but the cherry blossom note is the dominant note on my skin at the moment. It is really lovely. Although it is cherry blossom, I can detect cherry in the note (much like I get apple from the Lab's Annurca Apple Blossom single note before the blossom dominates). The sugared cream note is emerging more over time. It is more cream than sugar on me.

Dry: Ah, the 'sugared' part of the cream has made an appearance!

This has dried down to a sugared cream (like the kind one would eat with a scone) with cherry blossom.

Verdict: Absolutely lovely. I will definitely be keeping my bottle and may get a back-up bottle if I don't fall in love with too many scents from this Luper update.

*edit* On second wear, the sweet pea is more prominent on me than it was during the first wear, and the scent is even more gorgeous than it was before! I think this is going to age wonderfully. I may need a second bottle.

Gorgeous scent.

In the bottle I get a nice mixture of sweet pea and cherry blossom. Just a hint of something creamy and sugary underneath.

Wet on the skin, the sweetpea dominates, just held in check by the cherry blossom.

Dry, the cherry blossom and cream come out and mix beautifully. I can still smell a bit of sweet pea, but it has faded a lot. Now it's a wonderfully balanced scent, and super, super creamy. It is absolutely amazing. Not too sweet on me, definitely not sugary, but soft and feminine. Very gentle. Definitely in love with it. May even purchase a backup bottle!

Omg. I effing LOVE this. In a flash, the sweet pea is there and gone into the background. Then sugary vanilla cream blasts up to the with that beautiful soft floral note of cherry blossom. Creamy vanilla and luscious cherry blossom. Yummmmy. Let's put it this way. Do you love these three notes? Yeah? Then you will LOVE this blend.

Edited by pinkstardust420

In the Bottle: The sweet pea note in this is coming across as more fruity than anything. It's throwing me a bit off balance. It's not that I don't like it- I do. It's just very unexpected.

Wet On Skin: Even though it's not one of the three notes, I'm getting a distinctly coconut-y thing from this scent at the wet stage. Like suntan lotion kind of coconut. I *think* it might be the sugared cream. Again, it throws me off balance, but I'm liking it- it's just odd.

Dry Down: Wow. This is like summertime in a bottle. It's morphing every second. I get melon and then cotton candy and then the suntan oil and then vanilla ice-cream and then candy floss once more. It's bizarre and delightful and like walking a midway set ion a beach town.

In All: Sweet and strange and lovely. :wub2:

Violetchaos, I love your review, and mine would be just like yours! I keep thinking coconut when I wear it. I really like it but it's odd to me, can't put my finger on it....considering a back up for sure.

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: I love sweet pea. I like cherry blossom. I have no objections to sugared cream. It sounds girly enough for me.

In the Bottle: Definitely an unexpected fruity character to this, given that my usual experience with fruit blossoms is that they are *floral*. This smells like juicy fresh fruit to the point that I can't tell where the sweet pea might be and the sugared cream is only there to suggest the idea of a dessert.

Wet: There's the sweet pea! But it smells like it's dragged in a watermelon from somewhere. Very pink and summery.

Drydown: The sugared cream comes out and I think this is what is giving the coconut impression. It definitely feels tropical.

Verdict: I am waffles. In and of itself, it's a pretty scent. But it's so not what I was expecting and it doesn't seem to have that vibe of "Oriental" that I look for in the Shungas. I'll give it another go and see if it grows on me.

I bought a bottle as a gift for my sister after she feel in love with it at Dark Delicacies so I can't speak to how it wears over time or how it might change after settling for a while but straight out of the bottle it was all sweet pea and sugared cream. After the initial wet stage it was exactly as it says on the tin - sweet pea, cherry blossoms, and sugared cream, a really sweet soft pink scent. She said it wore close to the skin and lasted all day on her.

I'm honestly considering a bottle for myself!

I love Sweet Pea! So, it was a no-brainer buying a blind bottle.

In the bottle: Slightly fruity Sweet Pea.

Wet: I get a big ol' whiff of Sweet Pea followed by an even bigger whiff of dense cream.

Dry: The cream creates a soft bed for Sweet Pea to take a nap on. It lazily floats on top amidst a light fruitiness.

Soft and pink, yes, definitely. And SWEET. This scent is sugary, creamy, and gorgeous. The sweet pea is a very juicy, fruit sweet pea, but definitely recognizable as that sweet floral, while the cherry blossom is also present, though more in the background, a beautiful soft flowery pink note, and they're really very nicely mixed together. It's very, very sweet, this is definitely sugared cream, soft and creamy but also bright and girlish and very springlike. To me, this is pretty much exactly what the notes listed suggest, sugary cream mixed with the two flowers, and it's wonderful, everything I hoped for. It's sweet and happy, or makes me feel that way, and it has good throw and lasted quite a while on me. I'll probably get a backup bottle. :D Absolutely lovely!

Edited by Sakura Tsukikage

I get coconut at first, plus that sometimes weird thing that coconut does (like Elegba) and it hits this weird celery-like note. Then I get a strong cherry blossom and a hint of sweet pea, then it goes sweet and creamy.

This is really pretty and it reminds me a LOT of Snow White. I will probably skip a bottle, but my decant is staying for sure, and I hope I don't regret not getting a bottle in case this ages into something more beautiful than it already is.

ETA- the dry-down is nice, but I'm passing on my decant, mostly because I'm overwhelmed by my decant collection lately. :lol:

Edited by Caper

In the bottle: CREAM. Smack-you-in-the-face, very foodie cream. Not what I expected but hey, I love cream, so even if it did stay this way on my skin I'd be happy.

But this is quite different when on. The cream starts out strong but fades into a sweet dairy note while the cherry blossom becomes significantly more prominent the longer I have this on. It's a very soft floral: I was worried it might veer into actual cherry territory and I really hate fruity blends but this stayed floral from beginning to end. Not overwhelmingly floral, but very... childlike almost, with an innocent quality.

This is my first experience with sweet pea and for some reason I was expecting it to smell like... peas, which is why I only got a decant to start (which will be remedied immediately!). Nope, no peas here! I do get a juicy quality, and I swear something like fresh coconut shavings or coconut milk. This is just a heavenly blend, and it lasted for an exceptionally long time.

Reflected Vulva truly does smell light pink. Wet or dry, I can pick out all the notes...it's like if sweet pea and cherry blossom were whipped up into a creamy candy. A playful take on springtime that I think a lot of people will enjoy.

I also catch a phantom light coconut scent at times, maybe it's the cream note? I love coconut, so I don't mind a bit! And I can see the comparison to Snow White...this is also a creamy floral, although it's pinker and sweeter than Snow White.

This is a fun and candy-like scent! The sweet pea is the most prominent note, which is fine by me as I love anything sweet pea. The cream is not very noticeable, but it lends a softness to the blend overall, and the sugar makes me think of candied sweet pea flowers! :D

The cherry blossoms are mostly in the background.

I can see this scent appealing to a lot of people. It's fun and sweet and pretty, and floral without being heavy. Wonderful creaminess!

This is just breathtaking, and one of the most unique BPALs I've tried. Not only divine in the decant, but on my arm, even more heavenly. It's been 2 seconds and I already know I'm getting a bottle.

Creamy, fluffy sweet pea and wafts of cherry blossom. I think a word to describe this is "darling". It's sugary, not overwhelming floral.

Rocketing to the top of my favourites list... and normally florals fail on me!

I do get the coconutty/Snow White comparisions. Even though I don't interpret this as having a coconut note per se, I definitely agree it has a similar feel. This is the spring Snow White, if you're going to compare them.

10 out of 10.

I could swear I reviewed this one, but...? Oh, well. I have to be the voice of dissent and say that Reflected Vulva is very pretty at first, with comparisons to Snow White being very apt, but it dried to an unbearable powder, what I think of as "vanilla musk", something that almost chokes me in its dryness. I had a similar reaction to Morocco and Celeste. Tested it twice, and I don't want to go there again.

I get two comparisons to this blend Alice and the Mouse's Sad Long Tale. For the cream part of this blend, is the cream note in Alice, and the sweet pea note in the Mouse's Sad and Long Tale. I fell in love with cherry blossoms from Blossoms in Springtime.

I can't do a lot of floral blends because they go to powder on my skin. However, sweet pea and cherry blossoms are winner floral notes for me. :wub2: This is sweet and innocent blend. Buy multiple bottles if you love Alice or Mouse's Sad Long Tale.

5/5 hoard-worthy bottle purchase

I can't stop smelling my wrist

EDIT:

On the dry down is the most amazing vanilla note comes out.

Edited by DJ Sin

Wet on the skin, this is gorgeous. The florals are soft and not too sweet (I don't get candy like other reviewers) and the cream is not too foody. Just gentle and girly. Sadly, the cream turns a little salty with time, and after about 30 minutes all I can smell is Boo. Yep, it's the same cream note.

First sniff – exactly as I imagined. Very sweet and creamy with equally strong and compelling florals. There's something in here that almost reminds me of coconut, like a sweetness you can bite into. Makes me think of a more mature and glamorous version of snow white.

Testing – it does end up being a lot like snow white. Not able to distinguish itself enough to make me want a bottle, but very pretty.

Edited by strahlend

Tropical pineapple and coconut. :huh?: It reminds me a lot of Velvet Tiki. I don't get sweet pea (the lab's sweet pea note is unrecognizable as sweet pea to me), cherry blossoms or cream just a tropical scent.

It calms down a bit from being exotic flavored chewing gum to coconut and sun tan lotion when it dries down. Not at all what I was expecting. It's somewhere between Lady Death: Savage, Snow White and Velvet Tiki.

I love florals with cream, and sugared florals, and I'm also obsessed with cherry blossoms at the moment. So there was no doubt I'd love Reflected Vulva. Sweet pea and cherry blossom are present in equal amounts, and they're perfectly blended with sweet vanilla cream and a touch of coconut. So pretty and feminine. Did you like Love's Philosophy? Try this. My favorite of this year's Luper/Shungas update, hands down.

I knew this was going to be a big hit, but that it was not a very good candidate for me. Hence, a decant instead of an instant bottle. For a brief moment on sniff and wet phases, I thought I might have misjudged. When this goes on it's sweet and floral-fruity, nice and warm and soft. But as it dries, the cherry blossom does this powdery thing it does on me, and the cream goes into this unpleasant sour musky thing it does, and the whole spell is ruined.

I thought this was going to be great since all the reviews are glowing. Turns out the destructive kind of vagina is more my speed. This went screaming floral on me and almost into instant headache territory. I had to wash it off and of course, it took 3 washes to getitoff!!

Man, I was so sure this would be perfect, as I quite like cherry blossom and sweet pea is pretty much my favorite floral. Unfortunately, the cream does not work well on my skin and it drowns out the florals. :-( It almost smells good, it really does, but something in there (vanilla? coconut?) is giving off platic vibes. Not full on plastic but enough to bother me. I think I might keep my decant, it might just need a bit of aging, but I don't think there'll be a bottle in my future.

Edited by tharsei-thanate

I wasn't sure what to expect from this blend, my chemistry doesn't often cooperate with floral scents that don't include a dark note of some kind. This is light pink in nature, its very relaxing and pretty, but not too delicate. The top note stage is beautiful, right now i am entering the middle stage with it and it is creamy, soft, it reminds me of the coconut in the last unicorn and I really like it. If the final stage is just as pretty then I am ordering a bottle immediately.

edit: I have officially struck out on this lupercalia. The final stage of this perfume smells exactly like the plasticy aftermath of snow white. Sigh.

Edited by velvet

Sugar sugar cream floral.

I somehow expected it to be more delicate, but this is a pretty strong, sweet scent. Cream can sometimes go off on my skin, but it doesn't seem to be doing so here.

While wet, the sugared florals almost become fruity. This borders on candy-scent territory for me, which isn't a bad thing.

As it dries, the sweet florals fade a bit into a slightly powdery creamy-musky-vanillic base.