Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GoldenRubee

Koito and Sashichi

Green tea, tobacco absolute, and agarwood.

In the bottle this smells very rich and tobacco like.

On my skin, it lightens up and it is warm, woody, a bit resinous and earthy. The green tea gives it the lightness and airiness it needs to make this a great Spring and Summer fragrance. The touch of warm tobacco and rich agarwood (Oud) gives it richness and depth. This is a gorgeous scent and will get better with age. I might need a second bottle of this. :wub2:

In bottle: Green Tea dominant with agarwood support and a touch of tobacco to give it a bit of sensuality. The tea and the wood play beautifully together, complimenting each other’s strengths. Wet: The tea and agarwood swim in and out of focus, with the tea staying dominant, continuing to perfectly compliment each other. The tobacco twines through, understated, but contributing. Dry: Lots of green tea, doing that thing green tea notes do as they start to break down, haunted by agarwood’s ghost.

In the decant: Extreme green tea! I can't smell the agarwood or the tobacco in the decant. I can smell a hint of them if I inhale really deeply, but mostly, it's just the green tea note!

Wet: The green tea note is the dominant note on my skin. It stays that way for the first few minutes, stomping all over the other notes. Then, the agarwood and tobacco start to peek out. The agarwood adds a somewhat resinous quality to the scent, and tobacco adds a bit of smokiness. The green tea is still the dominant note, and the tobacco comes in second.

Dry: Smoky green tea.

Verdict: This is nice, but I prefer the green tea and honeysuckle combination of Shanghai, so I will not be needing a bottle of this.

I am a bit confused. I was expecting tobacco and oud, but this, on my skin, is basically a green tea single note. Which is pretty enough, since I adore green tea, but there should be some other stuff going on, no?

It appears my skin has completely eaten the other notes.

I'm experiencing the same thing as Avi, this is just pure green tea on me. It's very nice and refreshing, but I was hoping some of the other notes would darken it up and create a bit more complexity. It's a wet and juicy note, not dry. Makes me thirsty just smelling it!

Green tea, wood and a hint of tobacco.

This is again, very clean, green and fresh. The astringent green tea + woody notes makes this more gender neutral, but very appealing.

Oh yum! This smells like green tea! And.... green tea! Aaaaannnndddd.... where's the tobacco? The oud? Oh look - green tea!

There's another green tea blend from the lab that does the same thing. Guess what I'm going to avoid now? :-(

shanghai? Is that you? It also smells a bit like one of the atmo sprays, minus the cherryblossoms.

Mostly bright green tea, but with something in the background keeping it down a little bit. Probably the agarwood. Maybe some tobacco, but I can't smell it over the tea.

Try it if you like: Shanghai, Evil, Okiya Atmosphere Spray.

Beth's tobacco note is one of my favorites, and I was really excited to see what it would do with these pale green notes. Unfortunately, for some reason I am not getting any tobacco at all here, which surprises me. Koito is all green tea and aloe to me, and while it's very fresh and pleasant it is not a scent that belongs in my wheelhouse at all.

Fans of fresh, pale green, almost aquatic scents should definitely try this!

Like others, I was hoping for some tobacco but this is almost single note green tea on me, with touches of warm wood. I do love tea blends so I can deal with it, it is very fresh and pretty, but I'm still disappointed that I don't get any tobacco since tobacco is one of my favorite notes. Hopefully aging this brings the tobacco out. I'll keep the decant for sure but I won't get a bottle since I already own lots of other tea blends.

A green tea blend, like Diversions in the Chashitsu. While Diversions combines tea and apple blossom, K&S is almost a green tea single note. Lemony, bright, fresh. I'm not even getting the slightest kiss of tobacco here, and I'm not sure what agarwood adds, but I wouldn't call this a woodsy blend. I am waiting to see if the other notes come out...nope. Pure green tea! I prefer the tea and floral combo of Shanghai.

This reads as Embalming Fluid to me, from wet to dry. EF may have a slight citrus quality, but it is almost a dead ringer. Not detecting any tobacco or agarwood. No need for more, as I have plenty of EF, though this is a BIG win for me. Those who find EF to lemony may like this.

Wow, I love the Lab's green tea note but it dominates this blend. I don't get any tobacco and the wood is soft to the point of being nigh-undetectable. I like it enough to keep, but I think I'll need to add French Tobacco SN to actually get any tobacco out of this.