Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Absurd! Green mango, fig, patchouli and green tea with white chocolate and white hazelnut cream.

In bottle: I’m surprised this has no liquor. I think it’s an accidental accord with the white chocolate dominant in it, but it smells like whiskey to me. I’m having trouble parsing it back into the listed components. I love the way it smells to me, but that is likely no help to people with more standard sensoriums. So call it whiskey with a strong white chocolate component supported by hazelnut cream and hints of patchouli and fruit. Omnomnom! Wet: It still smells like whiskey, but I’m now reading the mango as the dominant element of the accidental accord. If I concentrate, I can now disentangle the listed components from the accidental accord. As it wears, the accord collapses and you get a strongly mango dominant scent, with green tea support, a hazelnut cream second with white chocolate support, over a canvass of fig, with hints of patchouli. I still like it and it still reminds me of whiskey. It is delightfully strange. Wet: Fast Fading, alas to a soft patchouli.

Oh my God. Oh my God, yes. This may be the first time in history that I have picked a BPAL because it sounded amazing and it turned out to be just as amazing on my skin. Normally I kind of try to rope in a variety of scents because my chemistry + BPAL's oils tend to be an unpredictable match, but this ... This is everything I wanted it to be.

It's the kind of scent that reads as warm but would be great to wear in summer weather too. It's definitely fruity, with a sort of green (fig and mango) juiciness right up front, but it's anchored in white chocolate and this beautiful hazelnut cream. Really, really delicious. The patchouli and green tea are definitely here, but I think what they do is mostly just give this a more perfume-y and grown-up feel, because otherwise the notes could go straight to middle school lipgloss territory.

As it warms and dries, I'm getting more patchouli over the white chocolate and hazelnut cream with much less fruit. It's still beautiful, but different. It's now more of an off-white scent than a green one. I love them both, but I kind of want to get a scent locket now so that I can actually wear them both instead of having one fade so quickly into the other.

This would make a beautiful room fragrance for those of you who don't like to wear foodie scents, but as for me, I want to bathe in it. I'm going to test it all on its own after it settles down, and then I'll probably purchase at least one bottle. Possibly two. :o

Okay, in my decant, this smells absolutely DIVINE and NOM WORTHY.

Has a hint of a spicy, nutty undertone, underneath the slight tinge of fruit and creaminess. It's really nice; may have to retest, though, since on it's not OMGLOVE.

Ommm nom nom nom.

In the imp: white creamy chocolate mmmmm

Wet: Spice comes up and has sex with the chocolate

Dry: The offspring of the spice and chocolate are mango and fig children. Everyone dances together in harmony. I don't get much patchouli, but I'm going to assume he's the creepy uncle that doesn't show up until later. Not much green tea, but if I sniff really hard it might be there.

I consider this the best of the best in foodie scents: not overly sweet, definitely not the plastic snow-sugar of the late yules, and no nasty ass flowers coming to play. Just delicious with enough spice and fruit to give it complexity. Not a one-note sugar-fest, but a feast of awesome

one hour later: Alas, gone the way of 95% of bpal on my skin to turn into a vague incense/hippie/amber. I'll have to experiment with scent lockets or hair application. The fresh scent is to die for, but the long term wear turns into every other bpal.

Edit/Update: I've decided the long lasting base note that I refer to above must be patchouli. Since it is in so many BPAL blends, it's no wonder they all smell the same (and not great) after long term wear to me. Henceforth, I will refer to it as the "creepy uncle" of base notes. Bleh :eek:

Edited by khemistry

So Tweedledum did not give me the mango I wanted, but maybe I'll adore it with the white chocolate and hazelnut?

In the imp: White Chocolate and... unidentifiable fruit. Actually, it's probably the fig. That note dominated Tweedledum a little too much for me.

Wet on skin: Well, I'm definitely getting the white chocolate and hazelnut. Nothing else. But it is very pretty.

Dried down: Well, this isn't changing, and I'm not getting any more mango out of it than I did with Tweedledum, but I am enjoying it more for the white chocolate and hazelnut.

Throw: Faint and sugary sweet.

Verdict: **** I really do like this. But I've been collecting so many chocolate scents that I'm willing to wait to see if I can get this one second hand. It's nice, but not quite special enough for me to feel like I need a bottle right away.

In the imp, I get mango and some creamy nuts! It smells delicious.. I'm not sure if I want to eat it, or slather it on my skin. I went with slathering.

Wet, I think the mango and fig might be combining and giving me the oddest sense of banana.

Dry: The fruit slinks into the background, and mostly what I get is hazelnut and cream (and I can smell both of them distinctly). Mango and fig don't go away entirely for quite a while. They keep lending some sweetness and brightness to the warm nutty cream for a few hours. In the end, it gets a little bit woody - I think that might be the patchouli coming out. I never get any of the white chocolate as far as I can tell.

Gorgeous, though I like the earlier stages better than the ultimate drydown. Will have to retest, and see how it goes in a scent locket. :D

wet, this smells like fresh mango and white chocolate with a light hazelnut cream. on me... it smells almost woody. i think its the hazelnut and patchouli, there is a light creamy note in the background. I think this would smell amazing on the right person.

This is mainly a fig, hazelnut blend with a hint of mango and white chocolate.

It's not bad, but it is a little odd. If you like foodie/fruity blends, give this a whirl.

Light but juicy. Small burst of fruit when wet, but as it dries it becomes creamy with a nuttiness to it. Gotta say I hoped for better things with this one, on me it's barely-there and unremarkable.

In the imp: The fruits are being supported by the other notes; I rather like, so far.

Wet: Lots of mango and fig, and some cold green tea.

The dry-down: Much as when wet. Not really getting the patch, hazelnut cream, or white chocolate, which are all fave noes. Debating a bottle.

Sweet, fruity candy at first. Mango I'm guessing. Dry, the white chocolate comes out, and it's a mango infused white chocolate, which sounds good on paper, but I strongly dislike the lab's white chocolate note, it smells rather fake to me. I wish the patch and/or the green tea would come out, it may have saved the blend somewhat, but this bonbon is not making the cut.

In the bottle: White chocolate predominates, with the green-ness of tea and mango giving it an edge.

Wet:

On my wrist, the white chocolate still wins, but higher on my arm the scent opens with sweet fruit candy -- the green mango, though it also makes me think of passionfruit. (It's almost fruit gum, but stays more pleasant than that.)

Drydown:

The interlude of patchouli is a little startling. For a little while I'm not wearing a food scent at all, but something perfumier.

The fig and the tea don't come forward on my skin. This never becomes sharp or earthy.

The lingering scent is of hazelnut wafers -- light, delicious, oddly comforting.

I like this a lot.

Got a partial bottle in a swap.... why the heck not?

In bottle - Not sure what I am smelling... I think I get fig. There is a "dry" kind of patchouli I smell. I know that seems odd, but there is a dryness to sniffing it.

On skin - I get zero mango, which is ok. Some fruits can go weird on me. I think I am getting some sort of hazlenut...white chocolate, not so much, but maybe it is just well blended, and aged of course.

Dry down - I think it is like smelling a nutty semi-dried out fig. It isn't bad per se...it's different. I am really on the fence with this because it is nice, but then it is odd. I am not getting any patchouli out of this, which is also a good thing, since we don't play nice. If you like foody blends but are afraid of them being TOO overly sweet or cloying, I think you would like this.