Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Uncontrollable passion and insatiable sexual desire: red musk, patchouli, ylang ylang and myrrh, surrounded by smoky cinnamon-dusted cacao.

In the bottle:subtle patchouli and delicious cacao.

On my skin:beautiful red musk (my favorite) light myrrh, cacao, some spice and the patchouli takes a back seat. The notes blend effortlessly together into a very smooth delicious scent. This has everything in it to make it a fabulous oil. It has everything anyone could ask for, musk, spice, the beautiful custard-y note of ylang ylang. It's hard to decide which note is predominate here, the patchouli or the cacao. They are so intricately intertwined that they keep swirling around until they meld together. This is really an outstanding blend that if you like even one note in here, you must give it a try! :D

So gave Lust bonbon a full on test post shower! This had given it a good 8 hour rest outta the mailbox and it was actually in the 40s today so don't think that had much effects on the results. I applied at my normal points including at my wrists, crooks of the arm, neck and chest, a nice good slathering.

I got a generically sweet flavor with a dark chocolate vibe. There was the tantalizing hint of Patchouli, and thought "ooh, this is going to be amazing" and then, 20 minutes later, nothing.

Not a bloody thing whatsoever, it was just gone gone gone.Which is straight up bizarre, I am red musk (in a good way) so if nothing else that should have hung around!

Very sad. I shall be giving this another try though, as it sounded magical. Good thing I will soon have more a bonbons to try!

It makes me sad that I get very little, if any, red musk or patchouli. Those notes and the cinnamon-dusted cacao were the reasons I bought this bottle. At first it's all semi-sweet cacao, no cinnamon that I notice. Minutes later a sour sweetness emerges and I guess it's ylang ylang, but I'm still not that experienced with that note. Myrrh is in there, too. For hours and hours, the cacao diminishes and that sour sweetness takes over. The next morning, that's all there is and it's still pretty strong. Ylang ylang has just made onto my list of iffy notes and it could go either way, depending on how this ages.

Unfortunately, I don't feel this is the least bit sexy even though red musk and patchouli tend to make for the most sensual fragrances on my skin. Maybe with time, I'll get more red musk and patchouli. After all, I've only had the bottle for four days and I've just tested it twice. I'll update this review if anything changes.

In the Bottle: Brown musk (?!) and cocoa powder

Wet On Skin: Red musk, myrrh and a little cacao thrown in for good measure.

Dry Down: Much the same. the red musk is stronger now, and since I adore that note I welcome it. There's still some myrrh, making it a bit earthy, which is a nice twist, and now just the faintest hint of cocoa powder (no cinnamon).

In All: I confess that in all my years I do not recall testing Lust. Since I'm really only getting the two notes on my skin, I am curious how the original would compare. In any event, I like what I'm getting just fine, and am happy to have a bottle to play with. :)

Decanted an imp from a bottle purchased unsniffed.

IN THE IMP: The sharpness of the patchouli but with a lurking sweetness.

Dabbed on one wrist.

WET: The chocolate amps so quickly that I can smell it as a single note before I even bend my head to sniff my wrist. It's a more sweet chocolate note for me than some of the cacao/cocoa/chocolate blends and I get a touch of hazelnut in it, which I suppose could be the cinnamon. Meanwhile, the floral and musky notes of lust blend very nicely with this.

DRYDOWN: This is unusual and unique and sweet and floral and musky and resinous all at once. I'd say when all is said and done it lands on the lighter sweeter side instead of the darker sinuous sexy side. That's not a bad thing, it just is what it is.

OVERALL: I like this a LOT. I don't love love love it as much as some of my favorite cocoa blends (Velvet, Tezcat, etc.) but I like it a lot.

On a scale of 1-5, a 4.3

This reminds me of Velvet. The chocolate itself is very dark and dry, but the overall effect of it blending with the other notes is sweet, resinous, and powdery. It reminds me a lot of Velvet--so much so that I would probably not be able to tell the two apart in a blind sniff test, although I like this one better. As it warms up, I get lovely hints of patchouli and and red musk, which give this scent depth and keep it from being pure, sweet chocolate powder. There's no cinnamon here, though, and I don't know the scent of ylang ylang well enough to know if it is contributing to that Velvet-like sweetness or ... doing something else.

Boomtownrat's description is very similar to my experiences, especially this bit: "a sour sweetness emerges." I kind of like that because it takes away from the overwhelming sweetness of before, but I could see how someone else would not.

Closing my eyes and sniffing, I get ... patchouli but blended in so well that it's more of a feeling of patchouli than patchouli standing up and declaring itself, an almost baby-powder sort of scent that I am learning probably means myrrh is not for me, something sexy and perfume-y that I'm guessing is the red musk, and ... that's about it. Did my skin drink the chocolate? It was there during the application, but now I'm not getting any of it. The application area is warm to the touch, but that's all the cinnamon I ever got.

I actually think this does have the potential for sexiness, as when I closed my eyes and pressed my nose to the skin, there was a moment where I went, "Oooh," followed by something that threatened to give me a headache. I'll have to come back to this after it's settled for a while, hopefully when I don't have Absinthe Bonbon competing for my attention further up my arm.

I should know by now that I can only wear dark or white chocolate, and this isn't it. This is the chocolate of Gelt and El Día de los Reyes and it is powdery and chalky and dusty.

I do eventually get the Lust notes, but the milk chocolate takes a long time to dissipate.

This smells like a regular snickers bar on me. Nougat, chocolatey, and nutty goodness. Making me hungry. PASS.

This scent reminds me a lot of Tezcatlipoca, but with a strange undertone of vitamins. Even though leather isn't listed in the notes, it seems to have a chocolate and leather feel to it.

I keep trying to convince myself that one day, chocolate notes and I will get along. This is all "ooh, patchouli!" when wet with only a hint of bitter cocoa powder, and then... I smell like a tootsie roll. Powdery and milky.

The red musk is strong in this one.

It's all I smell in the imp, though when I put it on, some of the myrrh and cacao come out. Musky, and nutty, and a touch sweet. As it dries down, though, all of those go away and leave just red musk. And a kind of stinky red musk, at that. :(

Red musk, patchouli, and cacao.

This, oddly enough, works better on me than the original Lust. I think the cacao tames the red musk a little, and lets the patch and a hint of the ylang ylang through.

Deeply feminine, chocoately, compelling.

In the imp: Mmmmm...... I can smell the cocoa in this one. And a bit of patchouli.

Wet on skin: Mmmm...... soft cocoa.

Dried down: Still soft cocoa, but with a whiff of incensey patchouli. Beautiful. There's a touch of cinnamon there, too.

Throw: This has some throw on me.

Verdict: **** 1/* This is the only one of the bonbons that's really calling for me to get a bottle of it. Except maybe the Deadly Nightshade Honey. Interesting.

Mmmm, I really dig Lust Bonbon. It may be my favorite of the Lupers so far. It totally smells like one of those fancy little truffles from Godiva or whatever, all cocoa powder and deliciousness. It's foody and sexy without being an intensely dark "seductive" type scent. I'd love a bottle!

So I got a brief glimpse of chocolate and spice when I first put it on, but it settled down to pure Tootsie Rolls on my skin. Even my boyfriend thought so! :(

I get a blast of cocoa and red musk, but i can't help but notice that the resemblence to The Third Charm is uncanny. It's basically Third Charm with added cocoa.

This was one luper I HAD to try before they went down. I love Lust and cocoa in scents, so I thought that this would be a no brainer. Color me disappointed. It is a fake chocolate, like those cheap Easter bunnies in a discount store. There's something fruity, too, that's making this worse than it already is. I strongly dislike fruit with my cocoa blends, and this is possibly one of the worst bpals I've tried. The musk comes out after a bit, but the yucky fake chocolate/fruit is just 'there'. I'll stick to my fave cocoa scents, Boomslang, Boomslang v2, Black Temple Burlesque Troup and Velvet.

In the imp: All the notes, beautifully blended.

Wet: Mostly the cacao nesting in a bed of musk, patch, and myrrh.

The dry-down: As time goes on, the cacao is not so in-your-face, and melds into the other scents aforementioned. The ylang ylang, a fave of mine, might be present as a faint whiff now. No cinnamon at all, which is a relief. I do like this, indeedy. :)

When I first opened the bottle to sniff, I smelled strong cacao -- sweet and yummy. Also a hint of red musk. And strangely, an almost creamy, boozy note of some sort.

When I put some on my wrist it's chocolat and musk with a tiny hint of patchouli.

I slather, and at first this blend is velvety chocolate and musky and then the myrrh comes out strong. I don't smell the cinnamon at all.

At about 10 minutes in the ylang ylang comes on strong and stays, mixing with the cacao and myrrh.

It's about four hours later now, and the ylang ylang is still amping with the creamy cacao and myrrh. There is a little bit of sweetness mixed with the resiny quality of the ylang ylang and I think that must be the myrrh.

I'm so glad I bought a bottle of this. I was wishing for strong patchouli, but this is even better.

Sweet mercy. Why in the hell did I wait so long to try this? I like Lust a lot, and with added smoky cacao... marvelous. Man, I love this. Dammit. Probably won't be able to find any more of it. Well, that'll teach me for being an idiot.