Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Wormwood essence, light mints, cardamom, anise, hyssop, and the barest hint of lemon embraced by white chocolate.

I almost didn't purchase this because of the mint, mint doesn't like me at all. But I love wormwood and everything else listed and when it said " light mint", I decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did. It has the lightest mint, just a touch, both in the bottle and on my skin. It is very refreshing. All the notes listed are very light so after applying I can detect light spice, light anise, very light floral, no lemon at all on me, and hardly any white chocolate. The dry down was pretty much the same but a little bit lighter with just the mint standing out a little more. I do like this scent and think it perfect for hot summer days. I did notice that I sensed a cooling affect (not burning) on my skin where I applied it so it would be perfect when it hits the 90 degree mark or higher. ;)

This scent held good news and bad news for me.

The good news is that it's beautiful, positively gorgeous. Fresh on my skin it was all lemon, light mints, and powdery white chocolate. I actually would have said "cocoa powder" instead of white chocolate, but I think that's the interaction between anise and the white chocolate. You see, anise is very powdery on me ... and it amps ... and amps ... and AMPS.

Which is the bad news. As soon as it sinks it, this scent becomes ANISE andwhitechocolateandotherthings. It's unfortunate, because Black Snowballs made me believe that anise and my skin could play well together, but I think that was a one-off scent. On me Absinthe Bonbon may as well be Kyoto, because both of them were PURE ANISE over the slightest hint of background notes that I desperately wanted more of and never got. Sobs.

In the decant I get a lot of white chocolate with a background of the well-known Absinthe scent, which to me is mainly anise and very fresh. On the skin, the white chocolate all but disappears into a very faint background note that I only detect because I know it's supposed to be there. The rest is all Absinthe.

It's a nice enough scent if you enjoy Absinthe, but I was a bit disappointed that the chocolate note faded so quickly.

this is lovely. bright sparkly absinthe with a creamy robe of white chocolate.

alas, it sinks down into my skin and stays there, too shy to come out and mingle with the rest of the world.

if this develops a bigger throw, I will wear it because it's beautiful. if it doesn't, I still will wear it but no one will know... :ninja:

I'm not sure I can describe what this smells like in the imp - it doesn't smell like absinthe, but I also can't pick out any of the notes in particular.

Regardless, as soon as it's on my skin, it's a genuine absinthe smell - complete with flambeed sugar and added water. I'm certain, because I drank a fair amount of the stuff just last week.

I never get any of the white chocolate, sadly... I'll have to compare this to the GC Absinthe and see if I can detect any differences.

This is really absinthe with a hint of white chocolate.

I get mainly wormwood, anise, hyssop and a hint of sugary white chocolate.

Nice, but not my type of blend.

I love the Absinthe note, but in this blend I get all white chocolate and mint. I smell like an Andes Candy. But then the whole thing fades away in minutes. Not a good one for my skin, I guess.

I don't get any chocolate once it hits my skin. its all wormwood and anise as its starting to dry, then it kind of mellows out and rounds its self. its much nicer on the dry down, it gets sweeter too. it's like absinthe with an ample sugar cube.

This one had me curious - I'm still on the fence about whether I like absinthe or not, but I'm starting to find that more absinthe-y, anise-y scents that work on me. Plus, I do love the chocolate scents.

In the imp: Mint with a touch of anise and possibly the cardamom.

Wet on skin: Stronger anise, but the mint is still there, too. This reminds me of the fennel candy they have at the exit in some Indian restaurants. Not unpleasant smelling, but I never really liked that stuff.

Dried down: Same as wet, and I'm not getting any chocolate at all.

Throw: This one has a little bit of throw on me. Anise with a hint of mint, making it a little sharp.

Verdict: *** I could probably do without this one,honestly. Maybe I'll change my mind in the future if the chocolate note comes out more, but for the time being, I don't think I need a bottle of this.

This is not as sweet as I would have thought. Turns into a soft wearable, feminine perfume. And may I emphasize soft, so that it is very faint. Not as much absinthe prominent either. I'm going to pass on this one, as it is just too faint, quite pretty though.