Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Longing and loss: fallen leaves, the memory of pale roses, and long-ago dried tears.

In the Bottle: a sweet Aquatic, no rose at all, just soft florals.

Wet on skin: Floral aquatic salt, very similar to the Ghosts of the Arroyo Seco, to me, which I love. I thought the tears would wind up being that belovesd aquatic salt note of mine, and they are.

Drydown: Very much like the wet stage, only with a hint of that lovely leafy note. Definitely a keeper, and I hope the rose comes out as it ages.

In The Imp:

What it says on the label - roses, leaves and a lovely aquatic note.

Immediate Application:

Stays pretty much the same. This actually smells to me like it could be unisex, or even a mens' aftershave.

Dry-Down:

The scent stays pretty consistent - cool, clean, and fresh. Definitely like an aftershave. I think any salty aquatic is going to be like that for me.

Mental Image:

A beautiful brownstone apartment or house up northeast in the autumn, and a charming, well-dressed, ridiculously attractive Significant Other cuddling on the couch with you as you watch the leaves fall outside your window. Stealing kisses, talking about your day, making Thanksgiving plans. You turn to plant your nose into the nape of his neck and just breathe deep for a moment while he chuckles and strokes your back.

Verdict:

Very nice. Bears re-testing, I don't know yet if I want a bottle. I'm so glad the Luper deadline's been pushed back!

Edited by lavenderfrost

Saltiness and a hint of the Lab's bitter leaf note. I don't really get any florals.. maybe at the very beginning, but then this becomes pretty much salt and leaves. I don't care for it at all, but was interested in trying it. I'm often drawn to the concepts of aquatic blends, but they generally dont work on my skin.

I don't really get the rose or the leaves explicitly, though I can kind of get a hint of floral and green. Mostly it's a sweet and slightly salty aquatic. The scent doesn't seem to morph at all from application through drydown.

I like it aquatics, and this is a nice example of one.. but I also tend to amp the water notes in a way that erases a lot of the distinctions between many of them. I'm not sure it's distinctive enough, on me, to merit purchasing... though I do agree with lavenderfrost that this would smell amazingly sexy on a man.

Aquatic roses and a touch of brown leaves.

This reminds me to the autumn blends the Lab puts out because of the fallen leaves bit, and the aquatic overlay accentuates that melancholy/pensive time. The roses are a sweet touch, like memories you like to reminisce about.

Soft, roses, muted.

In the imp: Bitter dried leaves, salty tears, a hint of rose.

Wet: The leaf note is indeed dry, bitter, almost crunchy.

The dry-down: Much as when I 1st applied it. No roses, just a trace of salty tears. Seems to more of an autumnal scent, somewhat masculine. I like it, but not enough for a bottle.

At first, bitter leaves and strong aquatic. Dry, lovely fresh aquatic, no leaves or rose to speak of, though they must be there somewhere. Very pretty, and nice and fresh for spring, but I don't need any more. Nice to try!

salty pink rose.

I wouldn't label it as soapy but it does remind me of taking a big bubble bath in the middle of a very rainy day. all cozy and warm and you don't have to do anything you don't want to do.

very much a comforting scent, I find myself reaching for it when I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. the rose is calming and the salt is delicious.

An aquatic take on autumn. I love autumn leaves, but here they seem to clash with the rose. And the aquatic note is going sweet and cloying as it almost always does on me. Sorry, leaves. Not this time.