Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
pinkstardust420

Love and Sleep

Fig milk, vanilla, orchid, and ylang ylang.

Absolutely beautiful blend. Lusciously soft & creamy fig with a beautiful floral blend of ylang ylang and orchid. These two floral notes do not overpower the blend at all, rather they fall into the background just enough to make the whole blend almost "powdery". Gorgeous!

I knew I was going to love this from the description and I do!

When it's wet, I smell the fig milk strongly. Milk and cream notes don't work for me at all, but this is definitely a nectar of fruit, not a milk, but with creaminess to it. I also get a lot of vanilla orchid in its most warm and slightly musky stage. It's almost got a smoky white chocolate quality. It's a warm scent that is edible without being foodie.

Once it dries, I get mostly a perfect vanilla -- not buttery or dry, but a clear pure vanilla, with the floral tinge of ylang ylang. It's very close to the skin.

I only wish this had greater throw and longer lasting. That may come with some aging. As I have to slather it right now, I am thinking i may want to get a backup bottle.

In the bottle: Weird, this smells boosy. Wasn't expecting that.

Wet: As soon as it hits my skin it's light floral and cream.

Dry: Powdery, but in a good way. Powdery and creamy at the same time. Floral and candied fruit. This smells absolutely dreamy. :wub2:

In the bottle this is creamy fig and sweet, sweet tropical florals. Wet on my skin this stays pretty true to the bottle scent but the ylang ylang is more distinct. On drydown the scent clings close to the skin, sweet-creamy fig and florals with very pink candy. Very. Pink.

This was instant love from the minute I smelled it in the bottle. It's like nothing else I've tried before, but I feel like I've had it forever. It's sweet and sun warmed and beachy, all while being incredibly feminine. It's definitely flirty but with a blushing cheeks, coy glances type of vibe. It's mellow, silky smooth fig milk at first, naturally sweet and without any sourness. My skin wants to conjure up a vanilla in there somewhere because of the orchid, which is all light petals and creamy budding floral. The orchid is actually very prominent on my skin. I picture pale pastel blooms with dew clinging to it. It just smells so very real like that. Ylang Ylang is always golden and fleshy in my mind but it's quiet in this. It adds that roundness and makes everything feel weighted and full bodied minus the floral domination. But despite the weight it's not heavy or cloying.

It's seamless, lush, and clings closely. It's a lean in to enjoy it type of fragrance but I still get whiffs of it whenever I move around. A nice balance.

This is leaps and bounds more than I was expecting. I love when one turns out to be insanely better than I could have hoped for. It's beautiful and I am LOVING it.

This is a very pretty blend with a dominant note of creamy (as in actual milk) fig and ylang ylang. There is a base of vanilla in the background, grounding the scent nicely. I'm not sure I detect the orchid, but then again, I'm not entirely sure what orchid smells like in the first place.

It's an extremely sweet and creamy blend, and I was positively surprised by how life-like the milk note was. I absolutely love milk scents!

It has the same overall feel as Reflected Vulva, although this one seems a bit lighter.

I love both, and deciding which bottle to get will be difficult!

Smells delicious in the imp! Not foody delicious, but sweet floral delicious.

On, there's a slight plastic smell to it...hope it goes away. It may just be some high pitched green note.

It's light, creamy orchid with a hint of fig on me. It's very lovely. As it mellows, it becomes more milky and softly sweet, with that weird off note fading away.

In the imp: Creamy, sweet, and floral.

Wet on skin: Still sugar-sweet and floral.

Dried down: Vanilla orchid flowery sweetness....

Throw: I'm not getting much right now, but I keep wanting to sniff my wrist...

Verdict: ***** I may have bottles like this, but I want this one. Like yesterday.

Like sticking your nose into a bag of marshmallows. That powdery, dry, sweet candy smell. Unfortunately there is a note in here that doesn't like me at all it overpowers the other notes smelling like burnt plastic. It dries down to a heavy white plastic floral. :ack:

First sniff – more orchid, floral, than I expected. I thought it would be more milky and sweet.

Skin tested – to my nose this is an orchid blend with some other notes faintly in the background rounding it out. I had hoped that the dominant note would be the fig milk, so this is a lot more floral than I anticipated. Ends up smelling like a drawer sachet to me, but might work great for the orchid lovers out there.

In the imp, this is floral and figgy and creamy. I want vats of this! I need it on me now! :lol:

Wet, it's definitely very sweet, but it's not at all cloying. It's rich and glorious, creamy and soft. The ylang ylang and orchid are definitely present, but they don't make the blend at all floral... rather, they seem to add some depth and complexity to the sweetness. It gets even creamier once dry, and the sweetness abates a bit.

Overall, Love and Sleep is incredibly warm and comforting. This would make a wonderful bedtime perfume. Wearing it is like being wrapped up in a tender, loving hug and softly sung to sleep.

When I sniffed this in the bottle, it was all ylang ylang. When applied to my skin, it's much more balanced, with the fig milk and vanilla having a strong presence...the orchids less so, but every now and then I get a whiff of them. A very foody floral, spicy and candy-sweet. Boho/exotic and super girly at the same time.

For someone who generally can't "do" florals, I think I could acually wear this! It's a very soft, sweet scent. I don't get much fig. I can only describe this as a clean, fresh, shampoo-like sweetness. Floral haters might be surprised to find they can wear Love & Sleep :)

I bought this unsniffed because my sanity is somewhat suspect. It is full of death notes - the lab's fig generally goes strangely powdery on my skin, many vanillas turn to plastic, and any kind of dairy-foodie deliciousness instantly smells like dried baby spit-up.

However, the reviews sounded wonderful, and despite all the above I was shocked to find I can wear Uncle Traveling Matt, so even though my lovely Luper enabler did not have this one on hand for me to sniff I took the chance.

I'm insanely happy I did.

To my nose this does, in fact, smell almost exactly like a fig newton in the bottle. But on the skin the florals bloom and the scent is fresh and young. This is not a cooked fig, but a juicy ripe one, doused in vanilla sugar and eaten in a flower garden. Definitely Uncle Traveling Matt for warm weather. This is a SWEET scent, but I'm shocked to find that is all I want to wear lately - scents that are tooth achingly sweet, but absent of any foody associations. This one definitely fits the bill.

It's very light, but I am happy to slather.

Best,

Tzi

at first: holy ylang ylang! yes at first it's all ylang ylang with hints of fig and vanilla...not sure if i'm smelling orchid yet or not. after it's been on my skin awhile, the ylang ylang completely disappears and it's a milky orchid scent, i am getting that kind of "plastic scented doll" scent from this, which reminds me of the strawberry shortcake dolls from my childhood. not sure why though, as it's usually plum type of notes that do that. maybe it's the fig? not sure. this is kind of nice, but i think i will pass on getting a bottle.

Soft creamy fig, with pillowy orchid and ylang ylang.

This is the scent of reclining on a super luxurious bed in a super luxurious hotel and not having to worry about a thing. Except perhaps wondering if that is egyptian cotton or silk.

In other words, anytime you feel like you need to bring some Marie Antoinette luxury in your life and not give a damn, wear this.

This is a quiet scent. It reminds me vaguely of a dilluted and less potent version of Carnal. The fig milk and ylang ylang are the stars of this potion. If you were looking for a tamer version of Carnal, look no further.

In the decant: The fig milk is the most prominent note, followed by the orchid.

Wet: Orchid and ylang ylang. The fig milk is still present, but the florals became the dominant notes once this hit my skin. That said, the fig milk is becoming more prominent over time. I'm not really getting any vanilla from this at the moment. It is mostly orchid and fig milk now.

Dry: Ah, there's the vanilla. Fig milk, orchid, and a lovely vanilla note.

Verdict: The fig milk makes this a little too fruity for me. I like this, especially once the vanilla note emerged, but I don't think I need a bottle.

Very likable. A touch sweet, but the way milk is sweet, not candy-like. Just a soft, milky floral, not at all sharp like so many florals are. zankoku_zen made a comment about a hotel room, and yes, that. Love and Sleep is like lying back on smooth, clean, cool sheets and closing your eyes.

I just got my decant and this is GORGEOUS and will be a bottle purchase as long as it doesn't sell out before Tuesday...

springy and sweet...this ylang has some bite to it!

Edited by Herb Girl

When first applied, Love and Sleep is a sugar-dusted, candy-like ylang ylang, which I'm realizing, is what gave Tiki Queen that Sweet Tarts quality. The fig and vanilla are very faint to my nose while the orchid gives this a feminine, perfumed quality. The final dry down is all ylang ylang and orchid on my skin. The throw is average and it lasts for about an hour before I need to reapply. It has a tropical, sophisticated simplicity to it and would probably work really well in the warmer months. For those of you who fear florals but are intrigued by them, I urge you to try this! As a die hard resin gal, I have found myself in love with The Lab's orchid note. It's so luxurious and…purple!

:wub2: Another winner!

In the imp: The florals, drenched in the fig milk that contains a drop of vanilla.

Wet: The fig milk is more creamy now.

The dry-down: In the dry-down, the flowers come on more strongly, but are still somewhat muted by the creaminess of the fig milk. The vanilla is not foodie, but adds just a bit of sweetness. Lovely--I may have to add this to my collection.

Creamy fig (not the lovely dark one, but a soft sweet fig drenched in fresh cream) and sweet vanilla. I think part of that sweetness is the ylang-ylang, actually, but I can't quite pick it out separately. Orchid can be many things, and I have no idea which one may be here. Overall, I love it - soft, sweet, a little sexy without the usual assocated musks. Perfect for summer!

In the bottle - Insta-floral. It’s not bad, but it’s not me. I’m doubting myself on this one.

Wet - It’s still a sugary floral, only now there’s a medicinal quality to it that makes me wonder if I’ll like it on my skin as much as I did in the bottle.

Drydown - Oh. ...OH. There’s no trace of that sharpness on drydown. The heavens have opened for me, and vanilla is my new god. There’s an inviting mellow sweetness to the floral blend that leaves me tranquil and content. There’s also a subtle touch of spice underneath to round out the scent a bit. I can’t pick out the florals, but I’m in love with the blend as a whole.

Verdict - It’s understated but brilliant. I am wearing this to bed tonight. Love and Sleep is a masterpiece and I will treasure my bottle. Plus the three more I am bound to purchase.