Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Monday

Leptodirus Hochenwartii v1

Bottle procured from the Trunk Show overstock on Etsy.

On my skin wet: Fresh harsh tree sap and woods. There is some sweetness in the background which smells a bit like licorice. Unusual but not bad. So far it smells brown and strangely cute.

On my skin dry: The harshness has disappeared taking the licorice with it. It's now a fresh, sweet woodsy scent. I like it.

I compared this to India Ink which I found closest to it at first but India Ink is more industrial and inky, Leptodirus holds its own. Nice throw. Do try this if you like resins and woods.

Licorice, vetiver and I think sandalwood. This one reminds me to India Ink, but less inky and more resinous. There's a fuzzy brown quality to it which is what I think the sandalwood brings to it. It also vaguely reminds me to a few sandalwood heavy Shungas. For me, this is definitely masculine.

Dark, fuzzy, male.

I got this as a surprise free bottle from an Ajevie flash sale, so it’s about 6 years aged by now. It reminds me EXACTLY of the smell of animal kingdom at Disney world in the best way possible. I know that’s not specific notes but wow did the perfect warm nostalgic feels hit me hard!