Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Yuurei

Purple Snowballs

Sugar plum snowballs with a touch of currant and cardamom!

It has the same sickly-sweet smell as Yellow Snowballs, but once it is on it is delicious. I bought this one blind because Yum! and it is good. Fruity, a hint of spice, and slush. Good stuff!

Well this goes into the What To Wear When it's Hot and Horrible Out pile, perfect summer wear. I love all of the snowballs, this is no exception. and it's hello purple.

Piney snow, hints of currant and cardamom. This one is dark fruity piney blend.

At least it smells like winter in the outside. If by winter, I mean a pine tree who seems to be drinking copious amounts of black currant lassis.

Do they even make black currant lassis? [What do I know. Not a pine tree.]

A sweet, plummy-purple smell! In the bottle it's all sugar plum, and then on my skin an almost grapey aroma joins the plum - maybe that's the currant? The cardamom joins in as it dries down, but at the same time, the freshness of the fruit diminishes, so it's a little more candy-sweet (and candy-spicy, if that makes sense).

I never really get any snow with this one. Eventually it dries down into an indistinctly sweet fruit smell.

In the Imp: First sniff is sharp and perfumey, almost camphorous. I'm scared of this one :/.

Wet: Still camphorous but not as sharp. This is one tart plum o.O

10 minutes: Toilet cleaner.

Drydown: Sharp plum and aquatics. Maybe a hint of cardamom. Softer and slightly sweeter than wet application.

Verdict: This does soften a bit, but I'm not really a fan. I get no sugar out of this at all, and the plum is too sharp for me. The toilet cleaner stage lasts a long time and lingers into the drydown. Not for me.

1.5/5

Wet: Gummy bears in the sky, I can fly twice as hi-igh...uhh, right... I’m smelling purple gummy bears and ozone.

Drydown: The purple fruitiness softens a bit, becoming more palatable. Meanwhile, the ozone is joined by citrus and juniper. Bright, high-pitched, and slightly fruity.

Dry: This is not slush or flurries, but rather an icy, crystalline ball of snow whizzing through the air. Icy, sour, chilly, and sweet. Only a barest hint of plum and cardamon color the edges, while at the core this is all ice and snow.

7.5 out of 10 bones

I need to stop trying the Snowballs scents, because they share the common snow note that just isn't great on me.

As with the other snowballs, I find this one lovely in the decant and quite well-balanced, but on my skin the snow note just takes over and becomes SNOW OZONE SNOW with the shade of purple fruitiness lingering in the background.

In the decant: Lots of ozone, hints of the other notes.

Wet: Now lots of cardamon!

The dry-down: Mostly the sweet ozone note, with a touch of sugar plum and currant. What a morpher! I like it, and might go for a bottle. I adore the Lab's ozone note. :wub2:

Edited by thekittenkat

Plum can be a hit or miss note on me, so I was a little nervous ordering this. Luckily, the plum doesn't turn on me. Mostly maybe because there isn't a whole lot of plum or currant or cardamom here. Sure, the snowball has a faint purple tint, but the emphasis is on the snowball rather than the purple. And this isn't the snowball from Pink Snowballs, unfortunately. That snowball was like its description- soft. This snowball is piney to me and sharp- there are shards of ice packed into this snowball. You don't want to get hit in the face with this one.

Also, not a comment on the scent, but I find the label of this perfume to be virtually illegible. Trying to read dark purple text on a mostly-black background is a tough task.

In the bottle - Cardamom and something fizzy

Wet on me - A bit soapy with that cardamom on top

Dry on me - Cardamom scented soap

Overall - I never really get past that soapiness

Purple Snowballs could almost be part of the Luau Lounge collection. This smells like a fizzy gin concoction with a dribble of fruit. Unfortunately, my skin eats this up and after only an hour I'm left with a very faint powder note.

I detect the lab's snow note right away, along with purple fruits. This reminds me of Skadi at this point, icy berries! Dry, more fruity than icy, but still very much a cold scent. There is some kind of floral here, kind of like violets, but it's very faint, and may just be my imagination. Ends up to be a powdery, purple fruit, with a touch of ice and floral. This is just a teeny bit too fruity for me, but it is quite a nice blend, and those who like berry blends should give this a whirl.

Yep, this is the same ozoney, piney snow note from Yellow Snowballs, but with plum instead of citrus. Strong, sweet, and fizzy.

My skin is apparently hungry for fruit, because after a short while I'm left with nothing but dryer sheets. My favorite snowballs are still pink. ;)

In the bottle I am getting what I call "Christmas fruits", which I guess is the plum and currant - it smells rich, dark red, and spiced. There's also something that smells like pine or a Christmas tree note. I almost feel like there's orange in here, though I think that might just be my nose filling in the blanks for what goes into a lot of the "Christmas fruit" blends.

On my skin, it's sweeter than in the bottle, right away. The fruit and spice combination are still reminding me of a Christmas candle, but not in a bad way; I enjoy those scents. Cardamom is normally a pretty distinct scent to me but here it just smells "spicy" without really smelling distinctly like cardamom. I have Blue Snowballs on my other arm and the snowball note here seems different; Blue Snowballs is more mint and cold air while Purple Snowballs is more piney, though there's a trace of that "coldness" in Purple Snowballs too.

Blue Snowballs is more of an all-year-round refreshing scent to me, but Purple Snowballs is much more "Christmasy" because of the spices and pine.

Edited by sunlitgarden

Lots of snowy plum and cardamom on me, not much currant. It blends together well, but I think something in the snow note makes this smell quite "perfumey" on me. It also resembles soap after drying. I like it, but so far I think Pink is my favorite from the Snowballs line of the ones I have tested. Would have liked more currant, but I don't hate it.