Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Brian and I made this one for Ted to honor his undying, incessant, relentless love of Abba: silvery snow reflecting myriad glimmers of orange blossom, black currant, pink grapefruit, white mint, sweet plum, and Italian bergamot.

ITB: This reminds me of the old-fashioned hard ribbon candy my grandfather used to have out each Christmas. I remember there being swatches of sweet citrus, berry, and peppermint, which is very similar to what this smells like to me in the bottle.

Wet: The bergamot comes out warmly on my skin first, followed by the clean white mint, the slightly sugar grapefruit, the plum, and finally the orange blossom. The smells like a combination of fruits being preserved and made into the toppings for a wonderful set of pastries.

Dry: After a 12 hour day, nothing remains on my wrist, which warrants a re-application assessment after a few dry-down hours. After a number of reapplications, the scent is warm and softly fruity, like black currants laced with orange blossom, warmed in a tart.

Slushy snow, black currant, hints of bergamot, plum, and pink grapefruit.

Soo,.... I was totally into the idea of Disco Snowballs, due to my love of Swedish pop and ABBA. And in general, it's everything I hoped it would be.... except there is a note that melds together and that doesn't quite work for me. I don't know if its the combination snow + grapefruit or the blackcurrant + something else.

Other than that, this is a clean, citrusy, bright bubble of a perfurme and its perfect to bring in the New Years with the sugary glittery pop and effervescence that new beginnings have.

Sadly, Disco Snowballs loses against Black Snowballs, which in my house, color me surprised since we're more the Disco Snowball type than the Black Snowball type. Which goes to show you about BPAL.

I really wish this one lasted more than 10 minutes on me, because it is AWESOME.

It's a really nice, soft minty citrus with the smallest hint of orange blossom when I sniff it, then the snow note amps up once it's on my skin. Five minutes: snow, with a cool overlay of tangerine and mint. Ten minutes: GONE.

ETA: Ok, I tested this again today, and the wear time is a LOT better this time around, for some reason? I got three hours of wear time this time around, and the drydown was a nice soft currant and slightly citrusy blend. Don't think I'll go for a whole bottle, but I am so glad that I gave this one another test!

Edited by annaham

On me, this is a gorgeous snowy grapefruit. Yum. Doesn't last long but its beautiful while it does.

I get mint when this hits my skin, mixed with snow. As it dries I get the subtle citrus and the snowy minty smell still is the most prevalent. Orange/grapefruit blossoms covered in those early spring snows, giving everything an ethereal look but lasting only a few hours, like the scent itself.

I actually said "mmmmmm" when I put this on, which is a first for me. I was not expecting the mint to be so front-and-center bracing, or the pink grapefruit to be right there behind it, shouting to be heard. For a few seconds I worried this would wind up being the perfume equivalent of drinking orange juice after brushing your teeth, but never fear! It turns out that smells a lot better than it tastes.

I can't even be objective. This is 99% of the notes I love rolled up into one scent and then slathered all over my body kindly delivered to my home. Of course I love it. The best comparison I can think of (for those who are not already in the cult of mint and citrus), is the top note of Lick It over orangey-pink colored jelly beans. There's not much in the way of plum or black currant that I can detect at first, but they develop over time and really warm up and round out the blend. Even then it's all about the citrus, which is great for me, because I have been dying for a good BPAL citrus blend. I predict this will be a great pick-me-up on days when Seasonal Affective Disorder tries to turn my brain as foggy as the Seattle sky.

I was excited for this one, but it was a bit of a dud on me. :( At first this was a bright, bracing peppermint-grapefruit, then the peppermint amped up for a while, and then it all but went away. There's a little bit of curranty-plum hanging around still, but not lots, and it's not really remarkable. Ah well.

was slightly worried about the currant and plum, but they did not interfere with the love that is mint and citrus, with a hint of florals :wub2:

Minty, citrusy, sweet snow. The grapefruit melds with the snow note to create something really magical. I may need a bottle.

Wet, bright, fruity and tart, all at the same time, with a bit of effervescence thrown in. Dry, the snow note comes out, along with the fruit, though the fizziness has disappeared. I'm getting that weird fungus note that seems to be par with my skin chemistry with some snow notes, citrus and pom. So, this is not for me, but I do like the citrusy aspect of this blend, it's my skin that doesn't like it.

This is like sparkly grapefruit snow. It has a pretty little citrus tang and the grapefruit has the perfect amount of fuzzy sweetness. Nothing bitter about it. I get a greenness in here that's more than just the mint. It's like flower stems or some kind of fresh green musk. The mint itself is so faint in here that I barely notice it, probably because the brightness of the snow is first and foremost. I love snow notes so I couldn't be happier. It becomes more fruity and mellow as it wears down and I get a jelly/syrupy jam quality showing up on my skin. I was worried the blackcurrant would be sour but luckily it doesn't turn on me. The orange blossom is gentle and powdery and it tempers everything so it feels less like a spike of sharp fruits and snow.

A fun one, and definitely a really nice grapefruit blend.

Wow, this is sparkly!

To me this smells like a blend of wet, slushy snow, fizzy water, *super* fizzy champagne, bergamot, grapefruit, plums, and plenty of sweet *mint*. A very bright, mildly sweet, fruity scent.

Synaesthesia-heavy review incoming. This smells like a disco ball. Not that I've ever smelled a disco ball. It's just that if a disco ball had a distinctive smell, this is what I would imagine it would smell like; sparkly facets of icy mint catching different colors of light as it twirls around. It's really the snow and mint notes that stay at the forefront for me, with whiffs of different fruits coming and going. I smell something different every time I move. 

ETA: More of a frosty sugarplum scent comes out on the drydown. This is certainly a morpher!

Edited by Invidiana