Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Gwydion

Footworn Steps Leading Into a Dank, Suffocating Crypt Atmosphere Spray

Maggoty with subterraneous evil: the scent of creeping deep green mosses, sweet rot, lantern oil, and sinuous incense drifting over dripping stone blocks, mushroom-moist soil, and crumbling mortar.

In bottle: Rather disturbing. The moss and rot pop first, but the soil quickly steps in as support of both, with stone and mortar gently tingeing it. The Lantern oil gives the rot a chemical tinge. The rot becomes dominant quickly, though the moss stays strong. Given enough time, the unsettlingly sweet rot backs off, letting the moss shine.

Spicy dirt, moss, incense...this smells dry to me though other people might get the impression of dampness from the moss. I recognize the mushroom note from Destroying Angel and The Steeple. This feels like a very close relative of Lich Lab. Very cozy.

I don't get kerosene, luckily.

Edit: Okay, I do get kerosene, but it's not too unpleasant. This smells sort of like an old garage or an underground lab lit by gaslight.

Edited by patina

OI! This smells like rotting moss, dank stone and lantern oil. It's super atmospheric, very chilling, and if you've ever been in a haunted house, this is probably how it should smell like. Old, deserted, creepy.

So, if you ever wanted to host a kick ass Halloween party and scare the beejesus out of trick or treaters, or anyone that wants to come visit your house, use this. It's like insta-atmosphere. If your house then becomes haunted, well, its because the ghosts felt right at home.